TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Colesy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Dempsey and Cahill have salvaged my week!

I'm sure FF just reads BBC sport and the correction on Dempsey's goal has confused them lol
This lol.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I doubled my score from yesterday today!
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
37 for this week. Poor Adam. Poor.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colesy)
Tbf though Geoff you've lost something like 92 points from transfers alone. And that's not including points regarding transfers for players that came in and did nothing, or were like Djourou this week.

Huge huge amount.. It'll keep you from reaching the top I promise you.
Yeah, but I have been really unlucky with some transfers. For example, putting in Djourou for the long term due to Gallas being out for the season. Great idea I thought as Djourou costs £4.3m and that's for a guaranteed starting berth in Arsenal provided he didn't get injured. Clichy had to be replaced anyway as he was out for at least two games. Putting in Rio Ferdinand a few months ago - he gets injured in the warm up just before the match begins and United go on to get a clean sheet. Putting in Evra/Gerrard at one time, and the next day, it comes to light that they were injured, when there was no suggestion of the injury when the transfer was made. Can't really do much about those really.

I would have had far fewer transfers had I not been forced to make a transfer due to an injury. I did have a good run of 7 gameweeks only making one transfer a week, but injuries build up and I had to eventually make some wholesale changes. But yeah, hoping for far fewer than 54 transfers next season. It's my first season anyway, this year was a test-run for next year! :p:

Still hoping for a top 20 finish like I said a few weeks ago, and I'm still on target for that.
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
Yeah, but I have been really unlucky with some transfers. For example, putting in Djourou for the long term due to Gallas being out for the season. Great idea I thought as Djourou costs £4.3m and that's for a guaranteed starting berth in Arsenal provided he didn't get injured. Clichy had to be replaced anyway as he was out for at least two games. Putting in Rio Ferdinand a few months ago - he gets injured in the warm up just before the match begins and United go on to get a clean sheet. Putting in Evra/Gerrard at one time, and the next day, it comes to light that they were injured, when there was no suggestion of the injury when the transfer was made. Can't really do much about those really.

I would have had far fewer transfers had I not been forced to make a transfer due to an injury. I did have a good run of 7 gameweeks only making one transfer a week, but injuries build up and I had to eventually make some wholesale changes. But yeah, hoping for far fewer than 54 transfers next season. It's my first season anyway, this year was a test-run for next year! :p:

Still hoping for a top 20 finish like I said a few weeks ago, and I'm still on target for that.
Yeah sorry, didn't mean to belittle you so much!

Congrats you're doing a decent job. Just that last season my problem was yours - I made too many transfers. And it hit me .
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol omg..

Just realised.. I had 2 defenders missing this week. So I had to play 3-4-3 and missed out on Dempsey's large points haul.

Bad bad bad.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colesy)
Yeah sorry, didn't mean to belittle you so much!

Congrats you're doing a decent job. Just that last season my problem was yours - I made too many transfers. And it hit me .
Meh, no big deal.

Unlucky about Dempsey though. I would be absolutely raging if that happened to me!
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Won my H2H comfortable.. play against the top team next game. He has a 5 point lead, which i need to cut to 2 points.. so could be close?
Still 25th in TSR league but only 7 points between 20th and 25th.. hopefully can jump it soon.

Missed out on Ireland's 7 points cos of silly decision to put both Villa + Everton defenders.. ah well!
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lost my H2H which I expected but I still have a relatively comfortable 9 point lead at the top with just 6 gameweeks to go. It would be a major crumble if I ended up not winning it...
The Sherminator
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
9 point lead is far from comfortable mate :p:
I am expecting a tight finish to the top for you 3-4 teams...
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As long as I stop making too many transfers, I should be OK.
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As long as I stop making too many transfers, I should be OK.
Well, there are a couple of big 4 matches coming up where you are very unlikely to have more than one out of 2 of your top midfield scoring points, and most likely neither will... you could be in for a stressful time ahead.

/Fergie type mind games
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Sherminator)
Well, there are a couple of big 4 matches coming up where you are very unlikely to have more than one out of 2 of your top midfield scoring points, and most likely neither will... you could be in for a stressful time ahead.

/Fergie type mind games
There are only three big four games left:

Liverpool-Arsenal
Arsenal-Chelsea
United-Arsenal

I won't have an Arsenal defender in my team by that time so I won't be losing too many points from defence. Fabregas will be under pressure the most for me, but I'll still have the other big hitters to captain instead when there is a big four match. So I'll captain Ronaldo in the next gameweek (he better not be on the bench again :rant:), as Lampard plays Everton which is not an easy game and obviously Liverpool face Arsenal.

Even if I do get a poor amount of points from those three "big four" matches, I still might win those H2H matches as some of the teams I face will no doubt be atrocious.
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are only three big four games left:

Liverpool-Arsenal
Arsenal-Chelsea
United-Arsenal

I won't have an Arsenal defender in my team by that time so I won't be losing too many points from defence. Fabregas will be under pressure the most for me, but I'll still have the other big hitters to captain instead when there is a big four match. So I'll captain Ronaldo in the next gameweek (he better not be on the bench again :rant:), as Lampard plays Everton which is not an easy game and obviously Liverpool face Arsenal.

Even if I do get a poor amount of points from those three "big four" matches, I still might win those H2H matches as some of the teams I face will no doubt be atrocious.
Lol... yep yep :p: I was merely trying to wind you up... hence the Fergie comment
Ceteris paribus, you should win the league :p:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Sherminator)
Lol... yep yep :p: I was merely trying to wind you up... hence the Fergie comment
Ceteris paribus, you should win the league :p:
Ooh, ceteris paribus. Do you do Economics or something?

Yeah I'll be fine in H2H. Some people I will face still have Pedro Mendes in their team! :p:
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ooh, ceteris paribus. Do you do Economics or something?

Yeah I'll be fine in H2H. Some people I will face still have Pedro Mendes in their team! :p:
Yep, part of my degree.

Lol, yep Good luck
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dunno which 2 to play between Dempsey, Pantsil, Jo, Cahill; also Schwarzer or Cech?

Atm I have Cahil, Jo and Schwarzer on my bench.
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sounds about right.
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Out Bassong In Ilunga

Team for this week:

Schwarzer

L.Young
Assou-Ekotto
Ilunga

Ronaldo(c)
A.Young
Lampard
Gerrard

Di Michele
Keane
Jo

Subs
Jones
Collison
Baines
Figueroa
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really want to go:

OUT Torres, Lennon, Carvalho
IN Carew, Lampard, Phil Neville

But I'm too scared
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.86%
No - but I will (100)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.72%

Watched Threads