Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    fml, im working until the 24th, though on the 23rd and 24th our bosses rig up a wii in the massive meeting room on the ceiling projector and apparently the office has an annual mario kart competition :awesome:

if only i had one so i could practise :teeth:
    They're less than £100, but don't buy them...one of the most boring things I've ever played. :sigh:

I think maybe Mario is fun but you got emulators for that so no need....

At my dad's work they get to go paintballing, go karting and all sorts...well jealous of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I've got them all, so if you want I can give some tips...not trying to make out like I'm an expert or anything
    Yeah sure, that'd be nice I'm a complete zombies noob, never played it on [email protected] only had a few goes on Black Ops but not got far.

ReputationRep:
    They're less than £100, but don't buy them...one of the most boring things I've ever played. :sigh:

At my dad's work they get to go paintballing, go karting and all sorts...well jealous of him.
    I do kinda want a Wii, but having played my sister's console, it's only really fun when playing with someone, I don't tend to do that much so I doubt I would use it much. I think I need to encourage her to get Mario!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    GT5 Rally Protip:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Turn off ASM and the steering adjust assists off. You don't stand a chance with them on.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Mario Kart is fun but there's **** all skill required. If you're last on the last lap, and if you get that bullet, you basically win. It's all luck and no skill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Mario Kart is fun but there's **** all skill required. If you're last on the last lap, and if you get that bullet, you basically win. It's all luck and no skill.
    You say that...but one of my friends is terrible. We often get together for a 'Wii day' and have a few games of Mario Kart. She could get 3 bullets in one race and still end up in 12th :teehee:
    It's embarassing if she gets a higher place than any of us.

But yeh, she's just an exception to the rule. The rest of us it is all just down to luck.

We also like to play some split screen offline CoD sometimes. That pretty much consists of us just hunting her down and killing her.
    We even make rules like she can have any gun, and the rest of us are only allowed to use a knife, and she still fails miserably.

ReputationRep:
    GT5 Rally Protip:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Turn off ASM and the steering adjust assists off. You don't stand a chance with them on.
    I found putting TC onto 1 is the best compromise for me. On most cars and events in general.

For those of you who have completed the Loeb Rally Special Event, how easy did you find it? I am really struggling.

I have a tuned up Dodge Viper, turning TC off on that makes it very twitchy out of corners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    I found putting TC onto 1 is the best compromise for me. On most cars and events in general.

For those of you who have completed the Loeb Rally Special Event, how easy did you find it? I am really struggling.

I have a tuned up Dodge Viper, turning TC off on that makes it very twitchy out of corners
    I've just done the 'Beginners' section so far and it was incredibly easy, I even spun out in one and still had the best time Excellent prize money too.

Does it get a lot harder then? You get a Subaru after completing the Beginner section, isn't that any good after some tuning? I can't see a Dodge Viper being an ideal rally car, but then I haven't done the higher spec race.

ReputationRep:
    Ffs I can barely finish a match tonight on Black Ops without 'Connection interrupted' or the host quitting and it not being able to pick a better one. I've never experienced it this bad before! Think I'm going to play some MW2 for a bit. Anyone up for a few games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)

Lambos are the worst with no TC. I usually run TC on 0 in most cars but I've always found Lambos to be just absolutely horrid for grip and control. ZR1 RM, 0 TC = :coma:. Best 700,000~ credits I've spent yet.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dhr90)

I advise you too only buy cars when neccessary unless you want to race millions of time just to get money...

I just did the Seb Loeb rallies tonight. Fairly staightforward IMO. Just a case of braking earlier than you would on tarmac, slow in, fast out.

(Original post by The Stig)
    I've just done the 'Beginners' section so far and it was incredibly easy, I even spun out in one and still had the best time Excellent prize money too.

Does it get a lot harder then? You get a Subaru after completing the Beginner section, isn't that any good after some tuning? I can't see a Dodge Viper being an ideal rally car, but then I haven't done the higher spec race.
    You may think it's a piece of piss now, but wow, when you get to the advance stuff some of it is just like :indiff:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Lambos are the worst with no TC. I usually run TC on 0 in most cars but I've always found Lambos to be just absolutely horrid for grip and control. ZR1 RM, 0 TC = :coma:. Best 700,000~ credits I've spent yet.
    Whats that?

I need a car for the All stars cup in Expert series. :holmes: Fully tuned my Super Veloce with aeros etc but it's still not enough, I get raped on the straights even if I am ~800bhp.

Edit:
    For max grip, get aero partss and racing soft tyres.

ReputationRep:
    Whats that?

I need a car for the All stars cup in Expert series. :holmes: Fully tuned my Super Veloce with aeros etc but it's still not enough, I get raped on the striaghts even if I am ~800bhp.

Edit:
    For max grip, get aero partss and racing soft tyres.
    Corvette ZR1 then race modify it (don't tune it up before though or it'll be a huge waste of credits). Buy it from the new car dealerships. It'll walk all over All Stars. I'm actually just starting the All Stars championship now, although I've done all the races individually to test the car.

ReputationRep:
    Corvette ZR1 then race modify it (don't tune it up before though or it'll be a huge waste of credits). Buy it from the new car dealerships. It'll walk all over All Stars. I'm actually just starting the All Stars championship now, although I've done all the races individually to test the car.
    That car is suppose to be a beast! I'm level 14, just another to go then I can buy it. If you race modify it you don't lose all your modifications they just get deselected. You just go to Garage > Tuning and the select them all again. (That's what my friend said, I haven't race modified a car yet so can't confirm).

ReputationRep:
    That car is suppose to be a beast! I'm level 14, just another to go then I can buy it. If you race modify it you don't lose all your modifications they just get deselected. You just go to Garage > Tuning and the select them all again. (That's what my friend said, I haven't race modified a car yet so can't confirm).
    There's no point tuning up a car then race modding it either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Ffs I can barely finish a match tonight on Black Ops without 'Connection interrupted' or the host quitting and it not being able to pick a better one. I've never experienced it this bad before! Think I'm going to play some MW2 for a bit. Anyone up for a few games?
    Normally I would be. But for some unknown reason my dad is refusing to install the wireless router and doesn't want me to do it :mad: I would use a long cable, but that means the computer loses it's ethernet port on the router and isn't an option either apparently...

On top of not getting my PS3 online, it also means I can't open each day's xmas advent Angry Birds level on my ipod

Looks like a long xmas of no PSN for me...

ReputationRep:
    There's no point tuning up a car then race modding it either way.
    What does race modding actually entail? Does it just tune it up with all the best parts from the tuning shop for optimal performance? So once you've race modded it there's nothing left to do in terms of tuning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Normally I would be. But for some unknown reason my dad is refusing to install the wireless router and doesn't want me to do it :mad: I would use a long cable, but that means the computer loses it's ethernet port on the router and isn't an option either apparently...

On top of not getting my PS3 online, it also means I can't open each day's xmas advent Angry Birds level on my ipod

Looks like a long xmas of no PSN for me...
    That sucks! Why won't he install it?

I miss the dolphin dive :sad:

ReputationRep:
    What does race modding actually entail? Does it just tune it up with all the best parts from the tuning shop for optimal performance? So once you've race modded it there's nothing left to do in terms of tuning?
    Something like that. All I know for sure is it makes the ZR1 absolutely kick ass in every way a car can.

ReputationRep:
    I've been finding the Buick Special a beast so far, modded it to around 700bhp, can't corner though I literally have to come to a halt. Can't wait to get a ZR1 now! Though I don't think I'll really need it in Professional yet.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.