Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Society VIII Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Ffs. :sigh: Not the end of the world, but we just can't make it easy for ourselves.

I suppose the plus point would be we don't have to go to the Nou Camp and Old Trafford in the space of four days.
    If you win the replay that's exactly what you have to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlasticBag)
    Apparently, the Spurs game is now rescheduled. So I THINK that we get to play Leyton Orient at home as opposed to Spurs away before the Barca tie.

This may actually work in our favour. Obviously, I always prefer Arsenal to win, but in the long term hunt for trophies, I could actually see this helping us.
    Hmm, I'm not sure how to feel about this:

- On one hand it will allow the first-team players a bit of a rest before what is undoubtedly a MASSIVE tie,

- But if anyone who plays in that game plays against Barça, they might come off the back of it a bit over-confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I was making a reference to the relative strengths of our backup squad with that of our rivals - I don't understand how that isn't Arsenal related?

I wasn't saying 'LOL Man Utd are ****' - that would be incredibly disrespectful.
    Even if that is your argument, we did win the game. That's the only 'substance' that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlasticBag)
    Apparently, the Spurs game is now rescheduled. So I THINK that we get to play Leyton Orient at home as opposed to Spurs away before the Barca tie.

This may actually work in our favour. Obviously, I always prefer Arsenal to win, but in the long term hunt for trophies, I could actually see this helping us.
    We play Sunderland at home 3 days before Barca. Tottenham game will probably be after WBA now?

(Original post by Kevmeister)
      The ties haven't been pushed further out? :confused:

ReputationRep:
      I hope we win :daydreaming:

I would be on top of the world.

ReputationRep:
      Why is it only the mancs are wumming?

ReputationRep:
      Hmm, I'm not sure how to feel about this:

- On one hand it will allow the first-team players a bit of a rest before what is undoubtedly a MASSIVE tie,

- But if anyone who plays in that game plays against Barça, they might come off the back of it a bit over-confident.
      TBH I dont think over confidence is an issue. I reckon that has been pretty much eradicated due to the draws with lower league opposition and the 4-4 draw with the Geordies. I watched snippets of the matches in between cw and the lads weren't overconfident, they worked their socks of, we just got undone by a lack of goals.

I genuinely think this is going to work to our advantage. Spurs away is going to leave even the fittest athlete shattered, then Barca away. We usually do our best work in the last 20 minutesm and if we can't do that I reckon we are stuffed against Barca

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      The ties haven't been pushed further out? :confused:
      Replay is 2nd March, Abira. QF is scheduled for the 12th.

ReputationRep:
      Except for the fact that our back up squad was depleted - Valencia, Park and Owen all out injured. But hey, we won, but you take heart from your performance and not the result......

2006 CL final was a good performance from Arsenal.....
      It was, considering we were down to 10 men for virtually the whole game.

You did bring on Rooney, Fletcher and Smalling though - yes, we may have had the choice, but a lack of fatgue is more important at this stage IMO. Obviously earning the replay hasn't helped, but hey ho.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T.Adams VI)
      Why is it only the mancs are wumming?
      Chelsea got knocked out yesterday.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mastermind`)
      Even if that is your argument, we did win the game. That's the only 'substance' that matters.
      So what struggling against Crawley Town isn't embarrassing?

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mastermind`)
      Each to their own.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Faith01)
      1-1 isn't exactly 2-1.
      :rolleyes:
      Doesn't matter, if I say we expect to blow Arsenal at home and get an easy win it's still arrogant.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Psychotic546)
      We play Sunderland at home 3 days before Barca. Tottenham game will probably be after WBA now?

Like I said, I'm not sure. I reckon there are millions of more Gunners trying to figure out what the fixture list is now.

But... KEEP THE FAITH! As Wenger says, if we cannot win, just make sure we do not loose. As proven by the Barca game, we can STUFF anyone at the Emirates!

Personally, I cannot wait for another bite at Man U if we get through! Fully fit squad firing on all cylinders

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Barça)
      Doesn't matter, if I say we expect to blow Arsenal at home and get an easy win it's still arrogant.
      Barca have the potential to do so, so I wouldn't call it arrogance, you just have confidence in your team. The game could go either way, so you can say what you want.

Hmm, I just sat and stared at Arsenal's fixture list for a minute. Away to teams like Fulham, Bolton and Stoke isn't that easy.

Replay is 2nd March, Abira. QF is scheduled for the 12th.
          I see. It's pretty much perfect then. :sigh:

This could be the make-or-break point of our season imo.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by T.Adams VI)
          So what struggling against Crawley Town isn't embarrassing?

:facepalm2:
          With a team that isn't cohesive up against a team basically top of their league? Hardly embarrassing as we did win, though the performance could have been better.

I urge Arsenal to invest in that book.

ReputationRep:
          It was, considering we were down to 10 men for virtually the whole game.

You did bring on Rooney, Fletcher and Smalling though - yes, we may have had the choice, but a lack of fatgue is more important at this stage IMO. Obviously earning the replay hasn't helped, but hey ho.

Fletcher came on at right back, ffs. Smalling is not exactly an established player, is he? Rooney came on, wow. We should have thrashed them because the league's in form striker came on......... :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.