The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ??????????????????
Well it's no Doctor Toilet...

I love Doctor Toilet....:biggrin:

:lol: Love that it's taken over this thread.
Original post by Oncoming Storm
I love Doctor Toilet....:biggrin:

:lol: Love that it's taken over this thread.

Take over other tv threads with Doctor Toilet and his diagnosing powers of deduction!
Original post by Yoghurt
I showed the gf the Doctor Pooh t-shirt I ordered and she called me a loser :frown:

Don't listen to her! If my bf got a shirt like that, I'd steal it from him :colone:
Take over other tv threads with Doctor Toilet and his diagnosing powers of deduction!

No, I'm too bust taking over threads with pictures of the TARDIS and John Simm...which reminds me, what happened to that "batboy" guy who claimed he was getting loads of girls cos of his dad's car? I totally TARDIS'd his thread...
Original post by Oncoming Storm
No, I'm too bust taking over threads with pictures of the TARDIS and John Simm...which reminds me, what happened to that "batboy" guy who claimed he was getting loads of girls cos of his dad's car? I totally TARDIS'd his thread...

I remember that guy... I forgot what I said on it :frown:
I TARDISed another thread about a guy who was wondering if he should pretend to be an underage girl on internet forums to find predators and report them to the police as they read the newspaper tomorrow (:confused:)about a rape of a wheelchaired girl. In came a picture of a TARDIS.
I remember that guy... I forgot what I said on it :frown:
I TARDISed another thread about a guy who was wondering if he should pretend to be an underage girl on internet forums to find predators and report them to the police as they read the newspaper tomorrow (:confused:)about a rape of a wheelchaired girl. In came a picture of a TARDIS.

Now that takes talent. :biggrin: Link me to the thread, I need a laugh.
:awesome:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I was playing about with animations and comics style. :getmecoat:
I was playing about with animations and comics style. :getmecoat:

The first person looks like a female Voldemo-female he-who-must-not-be-named/she-who-must-not-be-named. :confused:
:getmecoat:

I found a life today. Do you want it? You seem to have lost yours? :h:

Daily River:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4249
sorry everyone about the spoiler, i'll make sure it never happens again. :frown:
That's why you've posted more times than me on an internet forum in the last 24 hours. :u:

Stalking is, almost, universally frowned upon :ninja:

....loser :teehee:
Original post by spacepirate-James
I found a life today. Do you want it? You seem to have lost yours? :h:

Daily River:

:love: I would rep you but I've run out for today :frown:
I'm really shocked by the ammount of people that prefer Series 5, I thought David Tennant was a much better actor, and the writing in his series was to a much higher standard.
Disagree. Matt Smith is a better Doctor than David Tennant was. He's more what I imagine the character to be. And the writing has been FAR superior overall to a RTD series.
I liked Tennant as an actor and i liked his series at the time, but rewatching them and a lot of the writing is just lacking something. It comes across as cheesy and childish in places. This isn't me saying that it's all god awful, there are some real brilliant episodes in it, but i certainly know which i prefer out of the old and new writing.
(edited 12 years ago)
There is no point comparing the two series as they are out to achieve two different things. It would be like comparing mining to basketball.
Reply 4256
Original post by Colonel.
There is no point comparing the two series as they are out to achieve two different things. It would be like comparing mining to basketball.

No. It'd be more like comparing one series of a tv show to another series of a tv show. So nothing at all like comparing mining and basketball. Reconsider your analogies
Original post by phil.o.
No. It'd be more like comparing one series of a tv show to another series of a tv show. So nothing at all like comparing mining basketball. Reconsider your analogies

It's not though. It's the same show but it is trying to achieve different things. You can say which of the 2 you prefer but you can't really compare them in major technical detail.
Reply 4258
Original post by cambo211
It's not though. It's the same show but it is trying to achieve different things. You can say which of the 2 you prefer but you can't really compare them in major technical detail.

Not really. They're not entirely different. They're tv shows and you can compare any two tv shows, the visuals, the graphics, the nature of the story lines and acting. They're also two shows of the same series so you can compare how the actors have differed in their interpretations. They're in the scifi genre so you can compare the level of philosophical depth they go into. They're not entirely different. Suggesting they are is ****ing stupid.
Original post by phil.o.
No. It'd be more like comparing one series of a tv show to another series of a tv show. So nothing at all like comparing mining and basketball. Reconsider your analogies

Well, it isn't. They are basically two different shows. They took different approaches to the aspects of Doctor Who with different goals and intentions. You can't really compare, though many will probably try.

Latest