Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been given 3 days home leave by the hospital. A lot has happened in the past few weeks, and I'm too tired/emotional to write about it right now. I'm at home for the next 3 days though. It's a scary thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HmMusic)
    I've been given 3 days home leave by the hospital. A lot has happened in the past few weeks, and I'm too tired/emotional to write about it right now. I'm at home for the next 3 days though. It's a scary thought.
    :hugs: Take care of yourself and hope you get lots of cuddles from the kitty. :snoozing:

ReputationRep:
    That sounds good though hun. You can cuddle your cat and boyfriend and just have a break from hospital maybe go and do something with your boyfriend? Prehaps spend the day on the beach or something that you enjoy :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: It's good you've been given some time at home, and means you can have lots of cuddles with your boyfriend and cat! I'm sure it'll be OK hun, and I presume they've given you people to contact if necessary? I'm at the other end of the phone if you need me as well, and I've actually logged onto Skype for the first time in a few days.

ReputationRep:
    My doctor doesn't want to change my medication, I've been on this combination of venlafaxine and bupropion for 6 months now... , yet I feel horrible. Venlafaxine causes me to sweat like a pig and bupropion affects my hearing! I'm wondering if I should just stop taking them...

Hi..

I have been really depressed after I broke up with my girlfriend... this made me get reminded of all the stuff which has happened to me the past... which is not very good... so i saw a counsellor... she recommended me to go to a psychiatrist... so i saw shrink 1, shrink 1 (junior assistant of shrink 3) asked me to take the MMPI 1 test (after the test i spoke to shrink 2 who took my history down, she also wanted to give me meds but i said no)... results came back... (can someone help me interpret the result?) so the shrink 3 prescribed me escitalopram (given in major/clinical depression and general anxiety disorder), after looking at the mmpi report but i told him I wont take the drug. coz I am worried about the withdrawl symptoms and also i wasnt satisfied with the shrink's diagnosis... coz he didnt give me much time. and he didn't tell me what disorder i have.

now i feel like terrible... i feel more depressed and more teary. i want to be alone and stay alone ... as if i want to punish myself and dont feel like doing anything...

should i take the med? and to counter the stress i smoke a cigarette (I dont smoke otherwise)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaze1)
    My doctor doesn't want to change my medication, I've been on this combination of venlafaxine and bupropion for 6 months now... , yet I feel horrible. Venlafaxine causes me to sweat like a pig and bupropion affects my hearing! I'm wondering if I should just stop taking them...
    It sounds like you should. You say you still feel horrible and those side effects seem too great for no noticeable difference in how you feel.

One question though, do you feel horrible because you hate the side effects so much, or does the medication not actually make you feel any better itself. But I think if there is no noticeable change in how you feel instead just these extreme side effects, stop taking them.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been around for a while, but I've been reading and I hope everyones feeling a bit better today!
    Everything is so awful at the min, triggered by holiday and the things my supposed best friends said and did there. This resulted me in attempting something that was so stupid. Haven't been up to anything recently. Struggling to move, wash, do anything at all. I just dont know what I want anymore. I cant cope. But then I'm not sure I ever could. I've decided to just act like I'm fine with my friends now. I clearly cant be me without being labelled 'attention seeking' which is gutting especially when one of the girls was the one who forced me to go to the doctors in the first place. Everything is just falling apart. Everything

ReputationRep:
    I better be careful with my thoughts. I can feel my mood just beginning to drop unfortunately. This time it is about holidays again :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Guess who's been in the library since 8am? :awesome:
    That's really awesome. Really well ****ing done. :five:

I'm assuming you actually got **** done and didn't just sit there drinking energy drinks nad staring at the old books?

:hugs: It's never a failure to choose to accept help when you need it. And it's not at all about 'manning up' or any other such bull**** (I suspect it doesn't help that the people you're surrounded with aren't the most clued up on mental health) - you wouldn't be this judgmental of anyone else experiencing psychosis, so why do so with yourself (and yes I know you're a very special person, but you shouldn't have unreasonable standards for yourself).
    I hold myself to higher standards than anyone else.

Got up at 11, bought a bagel, ate the bagel, went back to sleep until now. Still tired and want to go back to sleep. I think the meds are really knocking me out.

Was talking to my study coach about mental illness, psychosis and that stuff that we're not allowed to talk about - turns out he's into the whole anti-psychiatry thing, which is kinda amusing. We also talked about when, if ever, it's morally acceptable to section people.
    Heh sounds like fun. I used to talk to my mentor about tory policies I've read a bit of anti-psychiatry stuff, some of it seems reasonable but some seems a little crazy. :P Seems strange that that's his job if that is what he believes.

ReputationRep:
    Something bads going to happen I just know.
    I can't stop it but something's trying to tell me that something bad back home is going to happen

I need to get hold of my sister and make sure she's ok, but she's probably at work

Might text my mum as well to see if she's ok.

Really worried about something. I couldn't forgive myself if something bad happened when I wasn't there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Out with friends today and had to attempt to deal with talk about my two worst ED triggers and it was awful.
    Did not react well at all and did not deal with it.
    Feeling awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    I was v pleased with them, and your handwriting is incredible. It's so uniform. They are seriously cute as well.

Not really doing so well atm, trying to keep myself away from people cos it's not that fair for me to go all meltdown on people who are struggling themselves. Reading TSR is making me kind of want to explode a lot of the time as well and I don't really want to post when I'm in that place. I dunno, I'm so bitter and angry and horrible.

Urgh sorry so much me.

How are you doing?
    I glad you liked You only think that cos the As being written as typed are deceiving. and I made a special effort to be eligible. Really it's all over the place

:jumphug: Any time you wanna explode on me I'm happy to have lots of IA rants whenever or just A rants whatever. (I hope you understand the acronym still lol) I've only started reading a tad more of TSR the last few days and I already want smash peoples head into jelly. I am starting to feel more emotions that just 'scared witless' or 'need to die' so I guess that is an improvement? :confused: Feel terrible as ever, but at least having a larger range of emotion (ie ANGER aha) is novel-ish.

Hope all the family stuff is manageable and you can enjoy your holiday.

I would strongly advice against just stopping the meds. I don't know about bupropion, but venlafaxine has terrible withdrawal effects and could potentially make you very unwell. Your doctor can't force you to take meds, so I would really recommend you discuss coming off with them so they can help taper you off slowly.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Went back to Oxford and nothing bad happened (yet)

(Original post by bullettheory)
    Went to the new GP for the first time today, and she sent me straight to the CMHT for an urgent assessment. The woman at the CMHT was a *****. I told her about everything that was going on and then she actually said "are you making your symptoms up, do you actually hear voices and see things that others can't see, or are you just making that up?". I didnt know what to say. Made me feel like an attention seeking scum. And all day I've been sat here, with the voices going crazy, thinking that I'm just making it up for attention. But why can't I get it to stop?!

She also asked me what benefits I was on, and I said DLA at high care and low mobility. And she just stared at me and said "do you actually need that level". I don't know.

Voices are bad atm and all I can think of is that I'm a lying attention seeking weak pathetic person. She said she would get me a psych appointment soon but I don't even want to turn up. The GP wanted to increase my Quetiapine, but now I feel like just stopping it, because, Im just making it up, right? :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is so ****ing unprofessional. I'm so shocked but not surprised because I think I remember you saying people have been similar ****ty towards you before. Please don't think you're a lying attention-seeking weak pathetic person: you're none of those things whatsoever. That woman you saw was a complete ***** and didn't know what she was talking about :no:

Sorry this message is so delayed - was out of town with no TSR access, so only just seen this :jumphug:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    My laptop's survived a few cups of tea and significant quantities of food over it, thankfully... Including the chocolate finger that got stuck to the bottom and melted. :ninja:
    How come your laptop survived but Toshiba didn't? :cry2:

I dare not ask about the chocolate finger :teehee:

(Original post by danny111)
    It sounds like you should. You say you still feel horrible and those side effects seem too great for no noticeable difference in how you feel.

One question though, do you feel horrible because you hate the side effects so much, or does the medication not actually make you feel any better itself. But I think if there is no noticeable change in how you feel instead just these extreme side effects, stop taking them.
    Don't stop taking your medication without medical supervision/talking to your doctor first. It's best to wean off them slowly, as withdrawal effects can be very nasty regardless (they were for me with Venlafaxine). If you're not happy with what that doctor has said, remember, you can always ask for a second opinion, or like another poster said, discuss coming off them altogether with your doctor. Make sure you consult with them first!

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    How come your laptop survived but Toshiba didn't? :cry2:

I dare not ask about the chocolate finger :teehee:
    Obviously Dells are made of sturdier stuff... God knows. Usually I destroy laptops really quickly, but this one's nearly three. Is it bad I used my finger to get off all the chocolate from the laptop so I could lick it? :ninja:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Really need a hug. I feel so lonely and sad. I just want to curl up in my wardrobe and cry. :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Really need a hug. I feel so lonely and sad. I just want to curl up in my wardrobe and cry. :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Massive hugs coming your way :jumphug: :hugs: :penguinhug:

Hope your ok hun

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Results.

33 days to go.

it has caused insomnia. when i DO sleep, i only sleep for 3 hours. then wake up. then sleep after about 10 hours. rinse and repeat.

it has caused paranoia. granted this also may be due to having to take some sort of drug for my OCD now (its some form of antidepressant, too out of it to care to look)

it has caused irrationality and flashbacks.

it has caused my compulsions to worsen.

it has caused everything that i have repressed to come spurting back up again.

33 days left of not sleeping and generally feeling like a pile of turd, whilst keeping a lovely happy grin on when working with little children. WOO.

ReputationRep:
    Can't get to sleep
    My minds on overtime again.

Lowered dose of meds is not helping at all, and I don't have a prescription so my mum can't even get me anymore and I'm going to run out before. Get back home :cry2:
    Really not enjoying this game anymore. Need a cuddle of my boyfriend but he's playing a computer game while I'm upstairs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Massive hugs coming your way :jumphug: :hugs: :penguinhug:

Hope your ok hun

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww you used my favirote smiley. thanks

Hope you're okay too. :hugs: Can you go down and get your bf or text him maybe? Remember, he's only downstairs so you aren not alone. He's right there if you need him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.