Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So annoyed. Had an interview at Greenwich last month but I still don't know the outcome. Called them today and they said I should know by the end of next week. I know I need to do an SKE course so wanted to use apply 2 asap. I'll be really upset if they leave it that long to reject me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasawdry)
    So annoyed. Had an interview at Greenwich last month but I still don't know the outcome. Called them today and they said I should know by the end of next week. I know I need to do an SKE course so wanted to use apply 2 asap. I'll be really upset if they leave it that long to reject me.
    I'm in the same position as you, they're taking a stupidly long time. So frustrating

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Thanks for letting me know! Should be fine. Depends what type of people are in the group I guess. If I'm with a load of really loud, outgoing people I'm doomed
    If you do talk over someone just apologise, chances are that they will allow you to speak because they are being assessed too and won't want to seem like they are stopping you!
    Elaborate on other peoples points and use their names.
    Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Swansea Met yet? I had an interview on the 18th Dec and am waiting to hear back..... Have another interview at UWE next week but really want to hear either way from Swansea first!!!

(I'm applying for the Secondary PGCE Art and Design by the way)

ReputationRep:
    Ive got the numeracy skills test next week but I am still too slow on my mental maths section. Ive got the numeracy ready. Do you have any tips to help? Any way to speed up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandyN91)
    Ive got the numeracy skills test next week but I am still too slow on my mental maths section. Ive got the numeracy ready. Do you have any tips to help? Any way to speed up?
    Try not to worry about it - I ran out of time to even write in an answer for a couple of the mental maths questions and still passed the test first time. I started to panic as I didn't think I had passed so I was really surprised. Go onto the skills test website and there's a list of all the stuff that may come up which was helpful. Make sure your ok on reading all the different graphs they use. Just try and have time to double check all your answers in the second section and you should be fine! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody had a response from London Met for Primary PGCE?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    So, I have an interview next week and another the week after. I haven't started any prep for next weeks yet, basically because I have uni work so I'll probably be focusing on it in the couple of days before. My first group interview will be next week, my last interview didn't have that part. Sort of worried I won't be able to chip in much. Did anyone had a group interview in which they feel they didn't say much and still get an offer?
    You don't need to do a massive amount of preparation for PGCE interviews. Just be aware of why you want to teach and some answers to common interview questions, and make sure to know about a couple of educational issues (have a thought-out opinion you can explain, don't bother learning data by heart etc.). So a couple of days is plenty.

Specifically in group discussion tasks and the like, they are not looking for who is loudest in the room, or most vocal. They are looking for someone who considers the question, and other people's viewpoints, and ships in when they have something to add. Just make sure that if you want to say something, you do; and try to avoid being the loudest or the quietest in the group.

Also, be yourself. I've done group interviews with people trying to use systems (using names a lot/dissecting the words in the question) and most people come off looking like fools. Instead, be friendly, polite and confident (easier said than done, I know).

(Original post by Ajay0892)
    I have an interview for PGCE secondary science / chemistry. Next week at the University of Warwick? I was just wondering if anyone has had an interview there yet, and how did it go?
    I haven't had an interview there, but I am currently studying my undergrad and taking a teaching module. The department are really nice and friendly, and said they run a very relaxed interview process so I'm sure it will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snarfles)
    Has anyone heard from Swansea Met yet? I had an interview on the 18th Dec and am waiting to hear back..... Have another interview at UWE next week but really want to hear either way from Swansea first!!!

(I'm applying for the Secondary PGCE Art and Design by the way)

I have an interview at UWE next Wednesday and another at Swansea Met at the end of month! (secondary English though!) How did you find the Swansea one?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone experiencing problrms logging into track? I am entering all my details correctly but I am unable to log in even though I managed to log in fine a while back

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Has anyone had an interview at Bishop Grosseteste yet? Obviously not discussing anything specific just wondering how the day went etc.? Am feeling nervous as it is my first choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandyN91)
    Hey, I had my numeracy skills test yesterday…I found the mental maths part much easier than the practise ones if that makes you feel any better? Also, if you start answering the question as soon as you've heard it said once, it gives you more like 30 seconds to answer than 18 if you wait for the question to be repeated before answering

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    I have a conditional offer, but I am just wondering if I need to tell the university that I have passed my skills tests or will they know automatically? sorry if this is a stupid / repeated question! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crm)
    hello,
    I have a conditional offer, but I am just wondering if I need to tell the university that I have passed my skills tests or will they know automatically? sorry if this is a stupid / repeated question! thanks
    This is something I would like to know as well. I too have a conditional offer on passing my skills tests. I have passed them though so wondered if my conditional offer will automatically change to unconditional or I have to tell someone.
    I think we must have to notify the uni as I passed my skills tests over a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    hi, passed both my literacy and numeracy today! so relieved! thoguht i had failed the numeracy test, but i passed! can't wait for september now

anyone doing Social Science PGCE at the Ioe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky220692)
    Also, just wondered how important it is to have passed the professional skills before interview? Is it ok to have just registered?
    Hi, well done on your interview, I hadnt passed the skills tests before my interview, i just mentioned that i had registared and that I had been praciticing!

ReputationRep:
    After a long wait for references I finally have my first interview on 13th January at Birmingham City for secondary maths Has anyone heard from University of Birmingham or University of Nottingham as I have yet to have an acknowledgement (although my application was only processed on 20th December)? Also, just wondered how important it is to have passed the professional skills before interview? Is it ok to have just registered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pthomas112)
    Hi, well done on your interview, I hadnt passed the skills tests before my interview, i just mentioned that i had registared and that I had been praciticing!
    Thank you! I reckon that's what I'll do too, I'm nowhere near ready to take the tests yet!

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody tell me roughly how many people were at their interview at St. Mary's? Are we talking a few people or tens of people? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What does "maths up to and including level 6 of national curriculum" mean? Is that like year 6?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.