The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Has anyone had an interview at Bishop Grosseteste yet? Obviously not discussing anything specific just wondering how the day went etc.? Am feeling nervous as it is my first choice!
Original post by sandyN91
Ive got the numeracy skills test next week but I am still too slow on my mental maths section. Ive got the numeracy ready. Do you have any tips to help? Any way to speed up?

Hey, I had my numeracy skills test yesterday…I found the mental maths part much easier than the practise ones if that makes you feel any better? Also, if you start answering the question as soon as you've heard it said once, it gives you more like 30 seconds to answer than 18 if you wait for the question to be repeated before answering :smile:
Reply 4242
hello,
I have a conditional offer, but I am just wondering if I need to tell the university that I have passed my skills tests or will they know automatically? sorry if this is a stupid / repeated question! thanks
Reply 4243
Original post by crm
hello,
I have a conditional offer, but I am just wondering if I need to tell the university that I have passed my skills tests or will they know automatically? sorry if this is a stupid / repeated question! thanks

This is something I would like to know as well. I too have a conditional offer on passing my skills tests. I have passed them though so wondered if my conditional offer will automatically change to unconditional or I have to tell someone.
I think we must have to notify the uni as I passed my skills tests over a month ago.
hi, passed both my literacy and numeracy today! so relieved! thoguht i had failed the numeracy test, but i passed! can't wait for september now

anyone doing Social Science PGCE at the Ioe?
Original post by becky220692
Also, just wondered how important it is to have passed the professional skills before interview? Is it ok to have just registered?

Hi, well done on your interview, I hadnt passed the skills tests before my interview, i just mentioned that i had registared and that I had been praciticing!
After a long wait for references I finally have my first interview on 13th January at Birmingham City for secondary maths :smile: Has anyone heard from University of Birmingham or University of Nottingham as I have yet to have an acknowledgement (although my application was only processed on 20th December)? Also, just wondered how important it is to have passed the professional skills before interview? Is it ok to have just registered?
Original post by pthomas112
Hi, well done on your interview, I hadnt passed the skills tests before my interview, i just mentioned that i had registared and that I had been praciticing!

Thank you! I reckon that's what I'll do too, I'm nowhere near ready to take the tests yet!
Can anybody tell me roughly how many people were at their interview at St. Mary's? Are we talking a few people or tens of people? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4249
What does "maths up to and including level 6 of national curriculum" mean? Is that like year 6?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4250
Original post by Fabay
What does "maths up to and including level 6 of national curriculum" mean? Is that like year 6?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would assume they mean the National Curriculum levels. The highest level is 8. They cover up to 14 years - a year six pupil is expected by the government to achieve level 4.

xxx
Reply 4251
Hi guys, I'm hoping to apply for secondary Chemistry this year. Im applying to University of Birmingham and Newman University as I would like to stay local.

I haven't yet submitted my application (still need my statement checked) do you think this is pushing it? Does anyone know how competitive a Biology/Chemistry/science PGCE is?

Also.. are teach first still open for applications? I started mine weeks ago but never finished it due to a lot of uni work :/

Thanks!
Original post by hussa375
Hi guys, I'm hoping to apply for secondary Chemistry this year. Im applying to University of Birmingham and Newman University as I would like to stay local.

I haven't yet submitted my application (still need my statement checked) do you think this is pushing it? Does anyone know how competitive a Biology/Chemistry/science PGCE is?

Also.. are teach first still open for applications? I started mine weeks ago but never finished it due to a lot of uni work :/

Thanks!

I think you should be fine if you're looking to teach secondary Chemistry as they struggle to fill those places. I believe Biology is slightly more competitive.

Take a look at the Teach First website, looks like there are still places for Science so you could be ok with that too!
http://graduates.teachfirst.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies.html
Original post by womanonamission
Can anybody tell me roughly how many people were at their interview at St. Mary's? Are we talking a few people or tens of people? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For my primary interview there were about 35/40 of us.
Original post by swarfliam
For my primary interview there were about 35/40 of us.

Wow, I didn't realise any of the interviews had that many people! How on earth do they manage all the one to one interviews in one day for so many?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

I have 2 offers and an interview for my 3rd choice coming up. If I withdraw my application from the 3rd choice/impending interview will I then be able to accept one of my other offers? Nervous to click on the withdraw choice option!
Original post by KatieB1991
Hi all,

I have 2 offers and an interview for my 3rd choice coming up. If I withdraw my application from the 3rd choice/impending interview will I then be able to accept one of my other offers? Nervous to click on the withdraw choice option!

Yes you can't accept an offer until you withdraw from the other two.
Reply 4257
Hello I've got an interview on Monday with UEL for a primary PGCE with special needs inclusion. Does anyone know what level the English and maths tests will be at the interview?
Original post by bellylaugh
Yes you can't accept an offer until you withdraw from the other two.

Great, thanks for your help! Good luck everyone!
does anyone else have an interview on the 8th of January for MFL in IoE? How is your interview preparation going?

Latest

Trending

Trending