The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Had to google that :colondollar: Sheffield United, okay ((:

:colonhash:

Not impressed
Still can't believe we're top by 3 points. Okay yeah sure, 4 games in however the confidence being displayed is starting to lead me to believe a playoff push isn't out of the question :biggrin:

Inb4 relegation.
Original post by blackened_sky
:colonhash:

Not impressed

I'm sorry :puppyeyes:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I'm sorry :puppyeyes:

You will be when we're in the Prem in 2 years :ninja:
I think Non League should have its own international competition, funded by the nations Footballing Associations. Could advertise Non League football more for the great fun it is.

What do people think?
It would be cool but I can't see any football association ever funding it.

Andre Gray has failed to agree personal terms after we accepted £9mill for him. Baffling that they were willing to offer that much for him but couldn't offer him wages to match the fee. I'm guessing he's angling for the move to Hull but they keep knocking 500k off their bids at the last minute after the owner gets involved.
Any Barnsley fans ??
Original post by Tony_LeaS
I think Non League should have its own international competition, funded by the nations Footballing Associations. Could advertise Non League football more for the great fun it is.

What do people think?

The issue is that non-league is ill defined in a lot of countries, although I think you could at least do a British one with the Scots junior clubs and the Welsh Premier which is about Conference standard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do people think?

It would be good but I doubt it would ever get funding. With non-league teams though it wouldn't exactly be good logistically considering they're generally from towns/villages rather than big cities.

What do people think?

A while back I agreed with the idea of a Champions League for the lower divisions (anything outside prem). I'm not too sure now though, considering the quality of football in lower leagues abroad is miles apart from ours. I can't imagine a trip to a third division Spanish side with 30 fans is all that appealing to the regular fan (i'd love it).
I bet half of the Championship could hold their own in many of Europe's top flights.
Its okay, we signed a trusty Italian fullback and a lad called wellington from arsenal yesterday. If they aren't the real deal then its panic stations.
Birmingham against Derby tonight at St. Andrews, where the Rams have only one once in seven years.

Darren Bent - ex-Aston Villa - is in their ranks, though, and he has scored three times in his last two league appearances against the Blues.
Gleeson with a deflected shot from distance puts Birmingham ahead right on the stroke of half time
Yep, watching it. Want these lot back in the Prem next year. I miss the matches.

Think the last one involved a pitch invasion, chairs being ripped out and thrown at each other and flares lobbed from the stands at fans.

Not condoning it, but it's a proper derby.
This match is quality, end to end stuff. Ground is half full yet it's louder than most PL games.
Original post by Wilfred Little
This match is quality, end to end stuff. Ground is half full yet it's louder than most PL games.

Been a great game. Leeds & Wednesday will be much louder tomorrow :cool:
So, Burnley have broken their transfer record, signing Andre Gray for a fee believed to be in the region of many pound notes. Hypocrisy, thy name is Sean Dyche.
Am I missing something re Andre Gray? Sure he got 20ish goals last year, but since when does that warrant 9million? To put it into perspective, Shaquiri signed for Stoke for 3 million more. Coutinho for one million less.
An amazing spectacle at Birmingham last night. Derby were so poor in the first-half, and you imagine that Clement is out of his depth to be honest. Some coaches and assistant managers are simply born to be a number two, and we saw that with Queiroz when he tried to make the move from Old Trafford.

Quick Reply

Latest