Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxfordmist)
    Ah? I was wondering about this too. So does that mean if we want to know how we scored, we wait until we hear whether or not we're being called up for interview, and ask the college then?
    (Original post by scblx)
    At my test centre we all had to sit together and the HAT people were told that their results won't be available online, the only chance to find out is to contact the college directly.
    Huh that's unfortunate. Tbh I would want to know even if I don't get interviewed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Three weeks to wait now :lol: Results are on the 25th Nov, right? I'm just really really glad it's over now XD
    My feelings right now, bye bye Oxford!
    I mean if you don't get an interview how is anyone expect to get one

ReputationRep:
    Wow I have literally no clue how the HAT went. I thought it was a quite a tough paper. Expected to come out crying, and didn't, which is always a plus but that doesn't mean anything. Wrote a load of waffle and hoped there'd be something worth a mark in there. Now we wait!

ReputationRep:
    I never went to Oxford but seeing prospective-students always makes me feel old... simply months away from graduating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Huh that's unfortunate. Tbh I would want to know even if I don't get interviewed.
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    Guys when do we hear about if we get an interview? Geogo interviews start on the 14th so when do you think we are likely to hear back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by politicalmind)
    Guys when do we hear about if we get an interview? Geogo interviews start on the 14th so when do you think we are likely to hear back?
    oxford sent me an email saying they will get back to me by december 2nd latest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    oxford sent me an email saying they will get back to me by december 2nd latest!
    For geography?

ReputationRep:
    For geography?
    nope for medicine, you should hear back soon though because I am assuming you didnt take a admissions test?

ReputationRep:
    nope for medicine, you should hear back soon though because I am assuming you didnt take a admissions test?
    No no, we have to take the TSA haha - so should be around the same time? My college has emailed me but hasn't specified timings!

ReputationRep:
    No no, we have to take the TSA haha - so should be around the same time? My college has emailed me but hasn't specified timings!
    Ahh, then probably around start of December then!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, then probably around start of December then!
    Ah ok cool - thaanks

ReputationRep:
    i heard from someone that they got a letter from Oxford telling them their mark and how far away they were from getting an interview. maybe they send out official letters around the same time as offers to those they rejected? i mean if you're going to go through all that stress the least they could do is write a letter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura249)
    I am! I was just wondering if you went to an open day how did they state they were using the TSA (is the a cut-off or are they just using it as something extra to get a better view of the candidates)?

Thanks
    I'm also applying for human sciences! Glad to have finally found other people hahaaa

I went to the open day however they didn't really mention it, I think since this is the first year human science applicants have to sit the TSA they maybe don't know exactly how they're going to view it until they get the results in :\\\

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emem2011)
    Unfortunately after the BMAT today I don't think there is any chance I will be getting at interview at Oxford

I hope everyone else's admission tests went well though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, the BMAT was absolutely horrendous Do you only have one BMAT uni?

My feelings right now, bye bye Oxford!
    I mean if you don't get an interview how is anyone expect to get one
    Haha, I'm really bad at the BMAT to be honest so anybody could easily get an interview over me

ReputationRep:
    BMAT
    s1: messed up
    s2:thought it went alright couple of guesses. probably made a few silly errors
    s3: messed up. hopefully get an A on quality. reckon gonna get 2/3. ran out of time. was at odds between 1 and 3

what min. scores do you need (min. average on section 1 and 2) and essay score to get an interview providing one does well at GCSE >90% A*

ReputationRep:
    The CLAT was horrible... Could have done with another hour

ReputationRep:
    What just came to my mind - What do they do if you are ill at the test day? Is there any day the test can be revised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Same here, the BMAT was absolutely horrendous Do you only have one BMAT uni?

Haha, I'm really bad at the BMAT to be honest so anybody could easily get an interview over me

Fortunately yes, Oxford was by far my favourite so I chose to only apply there out of the BMAT unis haha! Feeling pretty gutted tonight though as I genuinely wanted to believe I had a chance at getting in Which essay question did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Hearing everyone's opinions on MAT is a little reassuring I guess, for the record I failed too :'(

Let's just hope this year's will be similar to 2013's grade boundaries, though a few guys that did the MAT last year didn't seem to find a difference in difficulty.

Ah well, tried my best. It was absolutely tragic.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.