Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Here we go, this is what ucas say... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ddUg4MYhgGA basically, you have to go in clearing and lse haven't been in clearing for ages

ReputationRep:
    bare nervous for this afternoon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people will get closure today - from around 4pm I think we will see lots of activity

ReputationRep:
    rejected last thursday for social policy and gov. im from the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Here we go, this is what ucas say... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ddUg4MYhgGA basically, you have to go in clearing and lse haven't been in clearing for ages
    Guess that puts it to bed once and for all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djsimpy)
    bare nervous for this afternoon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, house of cards is proving a good distraction!

ReputationRep:
    What about if you suffered an injury in your first term and couldn't play rugby for18 months .... Wouldn't you regret making your choice based around this one thing ? !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Same, house of cards is proving a good distraction!
    Omg haha I'm doing the exact same thing! Coincidence... I think not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thestudent100)
    Omg haha I'm doing the exact same thing! Coincidence... I think not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flippi1)
    What about if you suffered an injury in your first term and couldn't play rugby for18 months .... Wouldn't you regret making your choice based around this one thing ? !!
    Is that for me?
    I would never ever base my choice solely on rugby. It has always been academia first and rugby second although the rugby is a very welcome distraction.
    LSE and Bath are both excellent top, top Universities and on the piece of paper sitting in front of me, there is very little to choose between them. Rugby isnt even on the pros and cons list.

ReputationRep:
    Any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normandi)
    Any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3.45pm they will start coming in !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    Is that for me?
    I would never ever base my choice solely on rugby. It has always been academia first and rugby second although the rugby is a very welcome distraction.
    LSE and Bath are both excellent top, top Universities and on the piece of paper sitting in front of me, there is very little to choose between them. Rugby isnt even on the pros and cons list.
    Sorry my bad .. in a previous post it starts it is just about the rugby though !! Must of misinterpreted that - good luck making your choices

ReputationRep:
    My son is going to firm LSE and insure UCL or Warwick. He is in a great position as his conditions are A* Maths ;Pass in FM ; A in Econ and A in History
    Now he already has an A* in Maths as he got 90% and above in his C3 and C4 at AS level and he is predicted A* in FM and Econ so his only worry now
    is to get A in History. This means he only has to keep studying history
    This early A* takes away huge pressure as opposed to someone needing to get A* at A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AQUF42)
    My son is going to firm LSE and insure UCL or Warwick. He is in a great position as his conditions are A* Maths ;Pass in FM ; A in Econ and A in History
    Now he already has an A* in Maths as he got 90% and above in his C3 and C4 at AS level and he is predicted A* in FM and Econ so his only worry now
    is to get A in History. This means he only has to keep studying history
    This early A* takes away huge pressure as opposed to someone needing to get A* at A2
    no disrespect but this does not mean your son only needs to keep studying history. your son should aim for 4 A*s as this will benefit him hugely in later life, and you should be pushing him to achieve this. congratulations on your son's achievements, it is certainly very useful getting that early A* I agree!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flippi1)
    Sorry my bad .. in a previous post it starts it is just about the rugby though !! Must of misinterpreted that - good luck making your choices
    I meant to put that it isn't just about the rugby but I mistyped. Oops. No worries.

ReputationRep:
    Man it's quiet

ReputationRep:
    Let's see it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apologies as i did not mean the way i have written. You are right as to get jobs or internship it will be better if he can achieve 3 A* and A in history as he was saying it was difficult to get A* in history.
    I personally feel as a parent that it's the job of the parents to get the process right since Year 8 where it is an absolute must that a child is given all the support he needs and then it is agian important to choose your GCSE subjects wisely followed by trying to get an early A*
    As i did tell my son let's get the process right and not worry about the eventual result

ReputationRep:
    Nothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.