(Original post by usycool1)
    So do you lot have half term now or...? :holmes:
    I'm on half term, don't know about the rest of us... :P

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who doesn't bother with exam timetables? Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Hey!
    Ahaha ikr! The weird linguists are screwed mwahaaha. I'm not really looking forward to the holiday tbh I go on holiday and come back before my sixth form induction day. So much time not doing/aiming for anything might make me go slightly crazy! What have you chosen for A levels?
    Yup they are... Actually glad that I'm getting my french oral out of the way before easter but still...
    Ahaha, I know that feeling - after mocks, it was like 'Wait, I have nothing to do...' It felt ridiculous because I wanted to have a break but my brain had been wired to revision revision revision.

I've chosen Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Maths. Wbu?

(Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    I keep trying to find the time to do a decent stint of revision/coursework/planning but life keeps getting in the way . Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I finally find the motivation, suddenly something's on, and we are going out or seeing family etc. It's so frustrating!
    Ahaha, same here. The moment I crack down to do something, something (*cough* parents *cough*) always gets in the way....

Don't stress over it though. I'm sure you'll find some time sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    I think everyone gets half term off from exams
    I know but still. They are a blessing.

I do.

(Original post by Jitesh)
    For the actual exams or for revision? I have one for actual exams but not for revision because I end up spending more time stressing over the perfection of my timetable and it just wastes revision time. And makes me go crazy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on half term now, I think the majority of us are

ReputationRep:
    Just to tell all you year 11s, the post-gcse summer is unreal. Would redo GCSEs just for the summer. Full srs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhisokay)
    I'm doing OCR English literature (I think)
    That's cool!! What other subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Yup they are... Actually glad that I'm getting my french oral out of the way before easter but still...
    Ahaha, I know that feeling - after mocks, it was like 'Wait, I have nothing to do...' It felt ridiculous because I wanted to have a break but my brain had been wired to revision revision revision.

I've chosen Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Maths. Wbu?
    I swear every single person on here is doing chemistry and maths

I'm doing biology, psychology, German and geography I'm so excited!

ReputationRep:

Really? :eek: (I'm sure there is a generalisation in there somewhere... )

Nice choices! I don't take german atm and psychology isn't offered but still. Nice choices. Do you know what you want to do in the future yet? I have no clue.

ReputationRep:
    Really? :eek: (I'm sure there is a generalisation in there somewhere... )

Nice choices! I don't take german atm and psychology isn't offered but still. Nice choices. Do you know what you want to do in the future yet? I have no clue.
    I change my career choice every day :mad: Thankfully, my options cover everything I have in my mind, but arrrghh how do I know what I want to be at 15? Really annoys me! I think I want to do either psychology or biology at uni (I've found unis that don't need chemistry for biology ), and if I do biology I might try to get onto a grad scheme for dentistry?

I'm so confused Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I change my career choice every day :mad: Thankfully, my options cover everything I have in my mind, but arrrghh how do I know what I want to be at 15? Really annoys me! I think I want to do either psychology or biology at uni (I've found unis that don't need chemistry for biology ), and if I do biology I might try to get onto a grad scheme for dentistry?

I'm so confused Yourself?
    Argh, same here... Almost feel like just ditching sciences altogether sometimes... But then I remember that I might be considering something sciencey (wow, that terminology ) at university. Life...
    I was considering psychology the other day! Only glitch is that I don't take it currently (not offered) so it would be jumping in at the deep end. Going to have to do some research hey...
    Dentistry sounds fun! My childhood nightmare though

So yeah, I'm probably just as confused as you Urgh, decisions. The American system is so appealing - I hate dropping stuff and you get to make a decision a bit later... The fees though. :eek:

U r g h.

ReputationRep:
    x
    yeah for revision...

I just make a to-do list. I much prefer spending a day on one subject than flicking through 3-4

ReputationRep:
    yeah for revision...

I just make a to-do list. I much prefer spending a day on one subject than flicking through 3-4
    :five: To-do lists are so much more useful. Timetables are terrible - never stick to them and feel ridiculously guilty.
    Hmm, I could never do that. I'd die of procrastination. Flicking though is my way. Each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    Argh, same here... Almost feel like just ditching sciences altogether sometimes... But then I remember that I might be considering something sciencey (wow, that terminology ) at university. Life...
    I was considering psychology the other day! Only glitch is that I don't take it currently (not offered) so it would be jumping in at the deep end. Going to have to do some research hey...
    Dentistry sounds fun! My childhood nightmare though

So yeah, I'm probably just as confused as you Urgh, decisions. The American system is so appealing - I hate dropping stuff and you get to make a decision a bit later... The fees though. :eek:

U r g h.
    Yeah in USA they have to pay upfront... That would kill me! Actually, on UCAS it says most universities allow you to do psychology with minimum 1 science subject. They know most schools don't offer psychology

ReputationRep:
    :five: To-do lists are so much more useful. Timetables are terrible - never stick to them and feel ridiculously guilty.
    Hmm, I could never do that. I'd die of procrastination. Flicking though is my way. Each to their own.
    Maybe you're right; I was planning on doing Chemistry today and should be 2/3 of what I wanted to do.. but here I am procrastinating writing this and only have done 1/3

Eek

ReputationRep:
    Yeah in USA they have to pay upfront... That would kill me! Actually, on UCAS it says most universities allow you to do psychology with minimum 1 science subject. They know most schools don't offer psychology
    That's good. It's definitely on my list.

Maybe you're right; I was planning on doing Chemistry today and should be 2/3 of what I wanted to do.. but here I am procrastinating writing this and only have done 1/3
    Eek
    Procrastination is the bane of my existence...

Get off the computer...?

ReputationRep:

At the start of year 10 I wanted to do it, but changed my mind as I found I was enjoying Spanish a lot more. At the start of year 11 I had my heart set on doing maths, further maths, physics and Spanish, but recently (last weekend, to be very precise), I decided that leaving French behind would be too difficult for me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_lofsuburbia)
    At the start of year 10 I wanted to do it, but changed my mind as I found I was enjoying Spanish a lot more. At the start of year 11 I had my heart set on doing maths, further maths, physics and Spanish, but recently (last weekend, to be very precise), I decided that leaving French behind would be too difficult for me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I always get thoughts about leaving French It's so fun to learn languages and I've learnt so much, it just feels weird to be dropping it. The last lesson will be kinda hard for me! I just really want to focus on my German now

ReputationRep:
    That would make me go crazy! I have so many countdowns around my house, and all the calendars are fully labelled! The dates are on my fridge, in my room, in my planner, everywhere I get kinda excited knowing the end is near and this is a really huge part of my life

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.