Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would be hilarious if you guys manage to sneak into the knockouts, only to be matched up against Bayern or Barcelona :rofl:. Now that would be interesting :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Played whole of the second half with no strikers. Great tactics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Balo is getting some unfair stick. Playing as the lone striker is hard as hell and few can manage it. We don't even play deep and lump up to him and ask him to just hold it up. We're not playing to his strengths and I think we'd only really see a decent Balo if we played two up front.
    It's his demeanour on the pitch that's making people hate him, not so much his quality

He rarely passes, constantly taking stupid shots. He ran around for the first few games but now just has strops. You'd think he's bloody Suarez knocking in goals at more then a goal a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stylo92)
    Played whole of the second half with no strikers. Great tactics.
    Borini or Lambert would have been no different to playing no strikers up front tbh, neither are good enough to cause problems to the Madrid defence.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is wrong with our defence. The last 2 goals were such amateur mistakes by us, honestly Championship teams wouldn't have conceded those goals. It's so ****ing frustrating watching our defence, we really need to resolve the problem ASAP otherwise we won't secure 4th place. Rodgers needs to sort it out because we haven't been solid at the back since he's been here, it's either due to poor coaching or players not being up to the standard.

Since Balotelli is struggling so much on his own then why doesn't Rodgers pair him with Borini for a match to see how it goes? Borini's movement isn't too bad and since he wants to stay at Liverpool it'll be interesting to see if he can come up with the goods. Surely we won't play any more crap as we have been lately because Balotelli up front on his own has not worked at all and there's no point trying to force it as it's just frustrating Balo more and more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Borini or Lambert would have been no different to playing no strikers up front tbh, neither are good enough to cause problems to the Madrid defence.
    It might have given them something to worry about, instead of a bunch of 'false 9's' or whatever they were trying in the second half.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    So...How's everybody doing then?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I have this foul taste in my mouth.

I just witnessed the love of my life (lfc) be dismantled purely because we were too **** not to put up any kind of resistance.

Disgrace.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    I have this foul taste in my mouth.

I just witnessed the love of my life (lfc) be dismantled purely because we were too **** not to put up any kind of resistance.

Disgrace.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's no shame in losing to Real Madrid, it's just the manner of the way it was done.

Pssh you think you've got issues? I went from being psychologically unstable to crying tears of joy. And only one club does that to a person.

ReputationRep:
    Meh. Considering our recent form this season I'm not surprised how this match ended up.
    I was expecting a loss and at best a draw but I'm just thankful it wasn't total annihilation.

Positives are that Sterling and Coutinho look good and we still have Sturridge to come back. I honestly can't wait till Sturridge is back, our performances will improve so much when he's fit and firing again.

I guess you're delighted since you're lot won 2-1 in the dying moments.

ReputationRep:
    He bought 8 players, none of whom could replace Suarez. Players like Lallana, Richard Lambert, Can and the others are not going to take you from 2nd to 1st. Massive step backwards for me. 116M spent by Rodgers, and nothing returned. Alright Madrid are great, but the PL form has been really disappointing. He's another King Kenny...poor in the transfer market.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Meh. Considering our recent form this season I'm not surprised how this match ended up.
    I was expecting a loss and at best a draw but I'm just thankful it wasn't total annihilation.

Positives are that Sterling and Coutinho look good and we still have Sturridge to come back. I honestly can't wait till Sturridge is back, our performances will improve so much when he's fit and firing again.

I guess you're delighted since you're lot won 2-1 in the dying moments.
    We too have been extremely inconsistent this season, it's like we've taken a step back which is hardly impressive. The only man seeming to actually add anything to a game is Sanchez.

Ah man, yeah that Sturridge setback must have hit so hard. It's clear you lots have a slight striker issue as well, clearly BR doesn't rate Borini.

You'd expect us to be happy but nah it was way too tense this time. A great win/comeback but seriously make it easier next time.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    sad for football as a whole really..

Who would not have loved to see liverpool from last season face madrid? that would have been epic.

Tonight is nothing in comparison

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    He bought 8 players, none of whom could replace Suarez. Players like Lallana, Richard Lambert, Can and the others are not going to take you from 2nd to 1st. Massive step backwards for me. 116M spent by Rodgers, and nothing returned. Alright Madrid are great, but the PL form has been really disappointing. He's another King Kenny...poor in the transfer market.
    To be fair to Liverpool what player out there could they bring in to replace Suarez? There's only really 2 that come to my mind and they are Ronaldo and Messi. Suarez had a huge impact on Liverpool last season. Although BR should have bought quality rather than quantity. I know he wanted to beef up the squad since they're playing more games this season but he's overspent on too many average players. Lovren looks woeful, Lambert will probably be gone next season. BR looked to the future in signing Markovic and Can but he needed ready made players who could step in straight away.

Liverpool will improve when Sturridge returns but it wont be long til he's injured again.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's with all the pitiful attempts of trolling... :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    We too have been extremely inconsistent this season, it's like we've taken a step back which is hardly impressive. The only man seeming to actually add anything to a game is Sanchez.

Ah man, yeah that Sturridge setback must have hit so hard. It's clear you lots have a slight striker issue as well, clearly BR doesn't rate Borini.

You'd expect us to be happy but nah it was way too tense this time. A great win/comeback but seriously make it easier next time.
    I wish we sold Borini to Sunderland for 14 mil and signed Remy, we probably wouldn't have been so bad if we had Remy playing up front.

At least Walcott is nearing full fitness, he'll make a big impact when he starts playing again.

It's crazy to see how Arsenal are two points below considering how shambolic Liverpool have been. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The way we played tonight we'd have lost by more than three tbh. Didn't think you did that badly, sometimes you have to tip your hat to a better team. (and an immense 2nd goal by Ronaldo)

ReputationRep:
    I stand by my very early statement that if Mancini couldn't sort Balotelli out, no one can

ReputationRep:
    Why are so many United fans on this thread?

Liverpool got beat by the better team with their key player injured. I believe that if a striker other than Balotelli was on they could have scored early on and the game is totally different in dynamic. Real probably could have turned you lot into Roma MKII but they were more focused on conserving their energy for Saturday.

Joe Allen is terrible btw doesn't offer anything besides energy, He's basically a more conservative and less powerful Jordan Henderson. Henderson was taken off because Brendan had given up on the game too. Fair enough tbh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.