Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeirdF)
    That's the thing with F215 the questions are so bloody vague that you have no idea what they're actually trying to ask.
    Exactly half of the f215 content didn't came up. They are getting worse every year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How much was the last question worth? I got up to the stroke question then ran out of time. How many marks am I likely to have lost?

And for the producers to the herbivores, I was confused so I said it's calculated by taking away energy loss by theoretical yield dividing that by theoretical yield and x 100 because energy is lost by heat, egestion, movement etc. I don't even know... Think I flopped this paper badly tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouAgain)
    What did you get on the picking letters question... I got.

F
    E
    A
    E
    C
    C
    Could you use the letters more than once?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gus22)
    I didn't oops

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the first questions? It completely stumped me- had such a brain fog! And the saliva one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FindingHappiness)
    How much was the last question worth? I got up to the stroke question then ran out of time. How many marks am I likely to have lost?

And for the producers to the herbivores, I was confused so I said it's calculated by taking away energy loss by theoretical yield dividing that by theoretical yield and x 100 because energy is lost by heat, egestion, movement etc. I don't even know... Think I flopped this paper badly tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As far as I can remember, after the stroke question page, there was a one marker, a three marker, a 2/3 marker and a one marker. Hope you did well overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    Exactly half of the f215 content didn't came up. They are getting worse every year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly! Hopefully I don't have to resit, seeing as it's only getting worse...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gus22)
    Yes it said u can use letters more than once. And I don't think B was an answer bcuz B was immobilising enzymes? And it didn't relate to any of the statements? And D was what I forgot what D was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daxen)
    As far as I can remember, after the stroke question page, there was a one marker, a three marker, a 2/3 marker and a one marker. Hope you did well overall
    Thank you!! That makes me feel a lot more reassured, I was dreading that they might have been a sneaky big marker at the back!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** I totally misunderstood the question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I panicked on that question, wrote about pyramids of energy and calorimeters, biomass and pyramids of energy flow

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** I totally misunderstood the question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I panicked on that question, wrote about pyramids of energy and calorimeters, biomass and pyramids of energy flow with measuring the rate of the energy flow. No clue what i did to be honest

ReputationRep:
    What did you get on the picking letters question... I got.

F
    E
    A
    E
    C
    C
    Wtf you could reuse letters?

ReputationRep:
    Estimating the energy transfer thing - what did people do?

My thought was use a bomb calorimeter to measure energy of producer and herbivore then work out % transfer using energyherbivore/energy producer x 100

ReputationRep:
    Yes it said u can use letters more than once. And I don't think B was an answer bcuz B was immobilising enzymes? And it didn't relate to any of the statements? And D was what I forgot what D was
    B would have been the sugar syrup from starch as the enzymes would break down that starch

ReputationRep:
    I found the paper hard to be fair. Couldn't remember stuff from AS (how the f*** do they expect us to do that when we have like 10 other exams in the space of two weeks) so some questions were a complete guess and I wrote so much cr*p lol. F214 was a lot easier for me hope grade boundaries are low for both units though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FindingHappiness)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lmao that's exactly what I wrote

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eightfoldv)
    I panicked on that question, wrote about pyramids of energy and calorimeters, biomass and pyramids of energy flow with measuring the rate of the energy flow. No clue what i did to be honest
    Hope biomass and energy pyramids is right, that's what i wrote as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    Yeah I got the same letters. It said you can use the letters more than once

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that exam was nice! haha could have been so much worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    It said re-use letters if u want .-.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.