Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basket case)
    Guys ^.*
    How are you going to open your envelope?:3 is it going to be a rip or slowly opening it?
    Also are you going to your school before doors actually open in the hopes they'll leave us in earlier?
    Also are you opening your results at home or school?:/ I really don't know where to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    -IF we get envelopes I'll just open it like a usual envelope, so most likely failing to open it properly, before just giving up the neatness factor and ripping it apart.

-I'll be getting the bus before 10 that allows us to get to school about on time for the opening at 10, so probably very little waiting involved for me.

-School, we have to anyway, as the sixth form is at the same school and we must confirm our options.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by theJdog)
    Oh ok. Maybe she meant other boards then. You nervous?
    Yep, I've got that bad feeling in my gut.
    You?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Guys ^.*
    How are you going to open your envelope?:3 is it going to be a rip or slowly opening it?
    Also are you going to your school before doors actually open in the hopes they'll leave us in earlier?
    Also are you opening your results at home or school?:/ I really don't know where to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There was a thread on this.

The responses were actually quite funny.

Anyway, I'm going to open it carefully, first I'm going to inspect the envelope to see if it has been tampered with.

I will open it in a way that I will still be able to re use the envelope

I'll go at the time they've given, there's no point going in earlier because they're not going to open the doors before 9 and if they do we'll just have to wait in the hall and wait until it's our turn to pick up the envelopes.

I'll be opening them at school and then giving my sixth form a bell to let them know about the grades.

Then celebrate or :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a private candidate, so the principal of the centre is going to send me an email at 7/8 on Thursday. Tempted to just delete it! If I delete it, then I can still tell myself that the result was good

ReputationRep:
    Guys ^.*

Posted from TSR Mobile

- Slowly opening it.
    - Actually have lessons (IB life) on that day until 1 PM, and then we get our results so we're free to go home after that.
    - At home.

ReputationRep:
    My school receives it 2 days before apparently, and the teachers (when they put it in the envelopes) take a look at it the day before - though this is for the end of year 10 and the results were posted home, so I don't know whether it applies for yr 11 or not . But I do know that teachers see the results 1 day before, and I was told that it is on a computer and they print them and put them in the brown envelopes and stuff.
    The school receiving it two days before could apply to yr 11 results too I guess. Just teachers see it the day before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galin)
    The school receiving it two days before could apply to yr 11 results too I guess. Just teachers see it the day before?
    The teacher's I've spoken to say that the school gets it 2 days before, head of department gets to see them the day before, and a spreadsheet of the results gets emailed to subject teachers about 6am on results day itself.

That's just one school though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galin)
    Yup. That's for definite. I remember that my teacher the day before my results for a unit in march was saying 'I can't tell you much, but I know ou will be pleased.' And pleased I was

ReputationRep:
    Yup. That's for definite. I remember that my teacher the day before my results for a unit in march was saying 'I can't tell you much, but I know ou will be pleased.' And pleased I was
    Haha that's the complete opposite to my teacher, she told my brother my chemistry grade before I even found out !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    :groovy: I remember when my school gave results a day earlier than they should have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    :groovy: I remember when my school gave results a day earlier than they should have.
    wish mine would do that :lol:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by techno836)
    wish mine would do that :lol:
    Lol, they did it by mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, they did it by mistake.
    Still I need to know them now :L
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by techno836)
    Still I need to know them now :L
    Hacking a few websites would be perfect

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't care about my results now... Obviously if I'm not happy on the day I'll be angry... But I genuinely couldn't give a crap anymore
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I actually don't care about my results now... Obviously if I'm not happy on the day I'll be angry... But I genuinely couldn't give a crap anymore
    Are you still angry over your Maths result?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galin)
    The Exams Officer at your school is typically the only person who sees everyone's results the day before. Your school receives the results the day before so they can be checked and put in an envelope. You'd actually be surprised at the amount of teachers who don't check the grades until after you get them. My dad is a maths teacher and almost every year he doesn't know what his students got until they tell him, even though he does have access about 2 hours later to all the student's results. Ultimately, it is you who should see your results first.

ReputationRep:
    Hacking a few websites would be perfect
    yeah just hack into aqa

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get an A* in Physics my life will be over.

ReputationRep:
    Are you still angry over your Maths result?
    Not angry, just defeated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.