Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danataher)
    I do Chemistry and oh god, the hardness has multiplied.. So confusing!
    Its the hardest A level apparently! Well done for doing it though

(Original post by keromedic)
    If we're talking about non maths stuff.
    I have to write an essay on Shoktakovitch's 5th Symphony, over the weekend. I also have to do a 16 bar composition including 4 cadences (I won't go into the types). I've borrowed an AQA music textbook to see whether it's helpful. As I've missed some weeks of class, I feel any help would be worth it.
    We'll have an essay Q next friday on Jazz and Blues so I'll have to prepare for that and catch up on missed notes.
    Additionally, I'm planning on reading "Beatiful Creatures" and "NHS plc-The privatisation of our Health care" over the weekend.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not sure what medic thread to post in tbh . I'm an odd sort as I'm not waiting on offers and I'm not a year 12, sigh.
    Explain?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueray2)

Explain?
    Name:  music hw.PNG
Views: 57
Size:  13.9 KB
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    If you're really struggling to find them, I may be able to get hold of them.
    I wish there was a Manchester meet up. I'd attend .
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    If you're really struggling to find them, I may be able to get hold of them.
    Okay thank you so much
    I totally agree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone should meet in Wales. You might go back home craving lamb but it'd be a good 'un anyhow :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Is/Has anyone doing/done young enterprise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Okay thank you so much

I totally agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Occams Chainsaw)
    Everyone should meet in Wales. You might go back home craving lamb but it'd be a good 'un anyhow :ahee:
    Yorkshire

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I dislike Wales, it's just that I imagine it's awkward to travel to. I was considering visiting a member from here, who's in Wales .
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Is Leeds in Yorkshire? If so, I can travel there cheaply on the train (for like £12) .

ReputationRep:
    Manchester's close enough for me to be able to make it, I'd think.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to go to a place where it takes half an hour for each local to utter a syllable.
    Yoooooooooke-shiiiiiir' puddins, yoooooooooooke-shiiiir tea, we even got hour own braaaawd-band nowadeeeeys - is good, is that. :rofl2:

I've never understood that last past. Here, in Wales, we are assertive "That's a pie, that is." In Yorkshire you are indecisive "That's a pie, is that(?)" almost as if you are questioning your statement but you are saying it to confirm what you said. It confuses the hell out of me.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  music hw.PNG
Views: 57
Size:  13.9 KB
    Whats a cadences?
    + explain some other musical terms
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueray2)
    Whats a cadences?
    + explain some other musical terms
    Why terms don't u understand?
    In Westernmusical theory, a cadence (Latin cadentia, "a falling") is, "a melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution [finality or pause].
    A common cadence, is the perfect cadence (V-I), which concludes many pieces of music.

ReputationRep:
    god this lab report is stressful :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    god this lab report is stressful :sad:
    You're doing labs quite early on! What subject/exam board?

ReputationRep:
    Is Leeds in Yorkshire? If so, I can travel there cheaply on the train (for like £12) .
    Yes it is

I don't want to go to a place where it takes half an hour for each local to utter a syllable.
    Yoooooooooke-shiiiiiir' puddins, yoooooooooooke-shiiiir tea, we even got hour own braaaawd-band nowadeeeeys - is good, is that. :rofl2:

I've never understood that last past. Here, in Wales, we are assertive "That's a pie, that is." In Yorkshire you are indecisive "That's a pie, is that(?)" almost as if you are questioning your statement but you are saying it to confirm what you said. It confuses the hell out of me.
    Where the f did you hear that people from Yorkshire speak like that. I know this person who prefers Leeds over Wales

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Yes it is

Where the f did you hear that people from Yorkshire speak like that. I know this person who prefers Leeds over Wales

Posted from TSR Mobile
    grandfather from leeds, great-grandparents from durham county. I spend a lot of time in yorkshire and that's what it sounds like to me :rofl:

I mean, my accent is very broad but the welsh accents around me are worse than up north, for sure.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Yes it is
    It's settled !
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    If we're talking about non maths stuff.
    I have to write an essay on Shoktakovitch's 5th Symphony, over the weekend. I also have to do a 16 bar composition including 4 cadences (I won't go into the types). I've borrowed an AQA music textbook to see whether it's helpful. As I've missed some weeks of class, I feel any help would be worth it.
    We'll have an essay Q next friday on Jazz and Blues so I'll have to prepare for that and catch up on missed notes.
    Additionally, I'm planning on reading "Beatiful Creatures" and "NHS plc-The privatisation of our Health care" over the weekend.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not sure what medic thread to post in tbh . I'm an odd sort as I'm not waiting on offers and I'm not a year 12, sigh.
    4 cadences in 16 bars? That will surely sound a bit weird? Especially if they're different types

Edit: I was thinking that was one every two bars then, not four- all maths has suddenly left my brain! But that shouldn't sound quite as weird as I first thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    4 cadences in 16 bars? That will surely sound a bit weird? Especially if they're different types

Edit: I was thinking that was one every two bars then, not four- all maths has suddenly left my brain! But that shouldn't sound quite as weird as I first thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is going to be a bit weird to write :P as I have to include certain chords every 4 bars :P.
    How're ur A2s?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.