ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Poor Rafa. Where does he go from here?

ReputationRep:
    Come on Bautista Agut!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Good to see Novak stomping on his racket.

ReputationRep:
    Hope we Murray gets through to play Wawrinka, Wawrinka probably hoping for that too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Hope we Murray gets through to play Wawrinka, Wawrinka probably hoping for that too...
    Lol, true - no way Wawrinka wants to play Kevin next round.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic is all that remains on his half of the draw for the last 8, incredibly easy now.

The hard work for Murray starts Wednesday assuming he wins tonight with a probable Warwinka, Federer, Djokovic route to win.

I'd still not rule out a Swiss champion.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to stream and failing.. is there a womans match on court?

Also some great QF's for the women.. Williams affair and also Azarenka (back on form) vs Halep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Djokovic is all that remains on his half of the draw for the last 8, incredibly easy now.

The hard work for Murray starts Wednesday assuming he wins tonight with a probable Warwinka, Federer, Djokovic route to win.

I'd still not rule out a Swiss champion.
    Djokovic had an "easy" semi last year and we all know how that ended, he's looked off since Wimbledon but he's the favourite until he loses so we'll see. Players like Stan and Cilic are flying under the radar which they'll like, they could definitely crash the Federer- Djokovic party

ReputationRep:
    I would love Cilic to be the disruptor here. It's so good that he's showing again that he has the nerve to do what he did last year again.

Meanwhile, Murray is massive, massive trouble against Anderson. A set and 4-1 down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    I would love Cilic to be the disruptor here. It's so good that he's showing again that he has the nerve to do what he did last year again.

Meanwhile, Murray is massive, massive trouble against Anderson. A set and 4-1 down.
    I'm very impressed by Cilic in this tournament. Last year, I felt that the Wawrinka and Cilic Slam titles were "out of the blue" (almost flukes), and that they would continue to be inconsistent. But actually, Stan put up an admirable defence of his AO title before bowing out in the semis in 5 sets, then actually won another Slam straightaway (plus Wimbledon QFs and now at the US Open, he's a proper Champion now). Cilic doing well here, could well make the semis.

Meanwhile Murray staring down the barrel of a 2-set deficit - it's Anderson though, so anything's possible.

ReputationRep:
    Murray wins a breaker to say alive!!

ReputationRep:
    Done & dusted now, Murray can rest up before the Davis Cup :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Murray out :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Murray out :lol:
    I was really hoping we'd have a Murray, Stan, Nole, Fed semifinals

ReputationRep:
    Drink every time Murray says the word " **** ".

https://vid.me/4QDU

ReputationRep:
    Impressive from Anderson! Best match of his life!

ReputationRep:
    It's gonna be difficult for Stan to get through to the SF now, he's got Anderson in the QF - who he's lost to the past 4 times they've met...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Murray's long run of making the QFs comes to an end, but Anderson was brilliant. He's so tall, physical and demanding. He really does punish his opponents at times.

ReputationRep:
    Federer is looking so ruthless and efficient this tournament, especially advancing to the net, what does anyone think about his next match with Gasquet? To beat Berdych in 4 is not easy by any means on hard.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.