Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oniisanitstoobig)
    though a few guys that did the MAT last year didn't seem to find a difference in difficulty.
    Well there's always a few of those people... Those lucky lucky people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emem2011)
    Fortunately yes, Oxford was by far my favourite so I chose to only apply there out of the BMAT unis haha! Feeling pretty gutted tonight though as I genuinely wanted to believe I had a chance at getting in Which essay question did you do?
    Same here, it sucks knowing that you've messed up your chances of getting in I did 3, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missymc1997)
    The CLAT was horrible... Could have done with another hour
    Is this the Classics Language aptitude Test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Same here, it sucks knowing that you've messed up your chances of getting in I did 3, how about you?
    I did SO BADLY in the bmat today, section 1 was disgusting! I did question 2 for the essay which I hope was ok... how did the essay go for you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by busterposey)
    Did anyone here do the LAT part of the MLAT or know someone who did? I absolutely bombed it and would like some reassurance that it was as hard as I think!
    I did not sit the test but a good friend of mine, who is truly a talented and exquisite linguist believed it to be extremely difficult so you are not alone!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I took the BMAT and honestly I'm feeling well about it but I can't predict anything until the results are delivered.
    So now it's time to relax and wait for a possible interview call

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    wow i have literally no clue how the hat went. I thought it was a quite a tough paper. Expected to come out crying, and didn't, which is always a plus but that doesn't mean anything. Wrote a load of waffle and hoped there'd be something worth a mark in there. Now we wait!
    sammmmeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloetraynor)
    Anybody else for Law at Brasenose? I need some kind of reassurance that my below-par grades may not be instant-rejection material :s
    Hi I applied for Law at Brasenose also, you're the first person I've seen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_is_might)
    which one? the first was so uninteresting and then the second one was literally painful to read.
    Both of them lmao thinking about it
    The first one was so simplistic I was like am I missing something
    The second one ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh literally no just n a h why did they ask such a picky question too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by busterposey)
    hahahahaha I'm so glad someone agrees with me, I absolutely hated that question!!!!

He seemed a nice guy though, it was just the idea of this learned scholar talking seriously about dogs with human heads;
    LOL I hated the actual question too y dint they just ask a nice broad one pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notyous)
    I did question 3 too! how did you find it? I felt like my examples were really weak
    I found it okay, but yeah I don't think the examples I gave were particularly good

(Original post by medleg)
    I did SO BADLY in the bmat today, section 1 was disgusting! I did question 2 for the essay which I hope was ok... how did the essay go for you??
    The essay was okay, but as I said above I don't think I have enough examples

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here applied for PPE at Balliol and if so how did you find the TSA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    LOL I hated the actual question too y dint they just ask a nice broad one pls
    yeah I know hahahaha it was so bad. I thought the phrasing, about what we can understand about his worldview was so complex and difficult to engage with, I prefer a straight-up 'what can we learn about society'.

Based on your personal experience and what others have said, do you feel that it was much worse than the other ones? As in the grade boundries or whatever will be lower?

ReputationRep:
    The ELAT was FANTASTIC. (Not.)

I'll admit it was way easier than I expected, but I didn't bother planning my essay. Which turned out okay because if I had spent 30 mins planning, like the paper advised, then I wouldn't have finished on time.

Feel like I did good, but not good enough. If I get an interview I won't be surprised. IfI don't then I won't be surprised either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MegaJake)
    One of my best friends did exactly that and she thought the multiple choice was difficult but that the essay questions were okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    I know, it's horrible! Although your UKCAT was amazing so I wouldn't doubt your BMAT score yet, you might surprise yourself
    I did question 3 too. Halfway through I became unsure of what I was actually writing although I hope it's enough to score me a decent mark!

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I might be saying goodbye to this thread soon, if the MLAT and OLAT are anything to go by...
    I mean, they weren't awful, I just know that I've messed up on stupid things and that other people will have done way better than me. I doubt I'll even get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsbeccy)
    One of my best friends did exactly that and she thought the multiple choice was difficult but that the essay questions were okay
    One of my friends had the opposite of that, she was done with the multiple choice when we finished our BMAT section 1 (i.e. 1 hour) but she thought all the essay questions were really hard to write about.

ReputationRep:
    What worries me is that TSR, the community where there is a general bias towards higher grades, has found all the admissions tests really hard! I'm sure you all did great now - personally, I feel so much happier now that I've finished, and I didn't realise how subconsciously stressed I was about everything!

I did the BMAT, by the way - I'm not really sure what to make of it, to be honest! I thought section 1 was kind of average - I (educated) guessed a few of the block questions but I'm hoping that was okay, and I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of nasty nasty physics questions in section 2! Again, I have no idea how I did, and don't want to commit either way - in the UKCAT practices I was averaging a solid 400, and ended up getting 730, so I'm not a very good judge, haha! I do think the essay questions were a bit nasty though: I really liked them but I take philosophy (I did q2 and basically wrote out our philosophical language topic) so I'm used to the more obscure questions! My friend did the 4th question though and said she hated it!

But yeah, well done everyone - even if we don't get in, we still did a silly amount of work preparing, so that's still something to be proud of!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MegaJake)
    I'm applying for PPE at Magdalen and I found the MC alright, and the essay section really good

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.