ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Well at least that's over with now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im staying out of this because im too stupid :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Getting so upset about all my friends leaving for uni! I don't feel like i'll ever find friends as good as them :cry2:
    poppet, this is the bit that sucks, bu you will make friends
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by superwolf)
    It's the adrenaline! :dance:

I'm off to bed in a bit too, just wanted to stay up for the carnage. :angel:
    Probably is :lol: How can you actually like this stuff though? I hate it :hide: That said, you do give the best responses! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    :dontknow: I've already attested to my belief in the power of the placebo. But although I think there's plenty of room for debate in this society (), coming in with the deliberate aim of provoking controversy definitely isn't on, and will lead to people POUNCING.
    I know you have sorry And I couldn't agree more with your post. Provoking people delibrately isn't right.

(Original post by PandaWho)
    was also the fact that they had their facts wrong, claiming that the main diagnostic tool in the UK was a HAM-D or something which i know i for one has never heard of
    Looking it up, it's an American version of our PHQ-7. I do agree that if people are going to post an opinion, they should at least get their facts right

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    I agree, tbh. I tend to hold back on debates etc here cause I see some things very differently to the norm, and know I will be pounced on for it.
    It's wrong that you should have to hold back imho :/ Especially if those views aren't going to break the rules/trigger any individual :/
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Im staying out of this because im too stupid :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think staying out of it is probably the more sensible thing to do actually but I couldn't help myself :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    this is why I'm happiest on my own, away from social media, no disappointments. I was all on a high and happy and then I saw one thing on Facebook and it just ruined me and now I'm back to where I was a week ago all depressed and lonely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think staying out of it is probably the more sensible thing to do actually but I couldn't help myself :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Iv already had a **** day, not need to add being bullied/insulted onto the pile!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    this is why I'm happiest on my own, away from social media, no disappointments. I was all on a high and happy and then I saw one thing on Facebook and it just ruined me and now I'm back to where I was a week ago all depressed and lonely

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I do that and did that earlier, I know half the time it's my fault but that just makes it worse. Sorry you're feeling like this though :console: Could you do something to try and take your mind off it, play with your ultra-cute puppy or something? :puppyeyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    poppet, this is the bit that sucks, bu you will make friends
    i know, i know I've just known mine for 7 years!
    (Original post by Asexual Demigod)
    Now now, there's hardly any need to think so naively.
    obviously i don't fully mean it
    You might do, you never know! And you can still go and visit them and skype and meet up in the holidays and things :hugs:
    i know all that really, just sad to be leaving them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    I know you have sorry And I couldn't agree more with your post. Provoking people delibrately isn't right.

Looking it up, it's an American version of our PHQ-7. I do agree that if people are going to post an opinion, they should at least get their facts right
    Wolfies good at it though :ahee:

And it may be, but he stated that its the UK version, which is wrong. So if he is going to state this research, i reckon he should have got simple facts right

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Iv already had a **** day, not need to add being bullied/insulted onto the pile!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely a good idea to stay out of it then, that seems to come with that particular poster fairly often as far as I can see :sadnod: Sorry about your day :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably is :lol: How can you actually like this stuff though? I hate it :hide: That said, you do give the best responses! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't get me wrong, I hate that we get such... unpleasant shall we say people coming in here, but if they decide they want to spoil the party I figure I might as well have fun at their expense until they get booted out. :dontknow: Also I reckon laughter is a better result than taking them seriously and thereby being made to feel like crap by them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    i know, i know I've just known mine for 7 years!

obviously i don't fully mean it

i know all that really, just sad to be leaving them
    Yeah, knowing that doesn't seem to make it any easier though unfortunately! Kind of feeling the same if that helps at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't get me wrong, I hate that we get such... unpleasant shall we say people coming in here, but if they decide they want to spoil the party I figure I might as well have fun at their expense until they get booted out. :dontknow: Also I reckon laughter is a better result than taking them seriously and thereby being made to feel like crap by them.
    Fair enough, that's actually quite a good way of looking at it I suppose! It is, definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I do that and did that earlier, I know half the time it's my fault but that just makes it worse. Sorry you're feeling like this though :console: Could you do something to try and take your mind off it, play with your ultra-cute puppy or something? :puppyeyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    thanks! I only reactivated fb so I could put photos of my puppy on there but then I saw something and regretted it, :console: it's just hard sometimes sing it? And I would but I've finally got him to sleep in his crate without crying and I don't want to disturb that he took over my bed earlier!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Spoiler:
    Show
    thanks! I only reactivated fb so I could put photos of my puppy on there but then I saw something and regretted it, :console: it's just hard sometimes sing it? And I would but I've finally got him to sleep in his crate without crying and I don't want to disturb that he took over my bed earlier!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ahh well, it's done now I guess although that won't make you feel any better Oh ok, probably not the best idea to wake him up then! Aww cute doggy in bed :love: Mine isn't allowed upstairs, which is probably a good thing really as she'd probably manage to take up the whole thing but yeah :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ahh well, it's done now I guess although that won't make you feel any better Oh ok, probably not the best idea to wake him up then! Aww cute doggy in bed :love: Mine isn't allowed upstairs, which is probably a good thing really as she'd probably manage to take up the whole thing but yeah :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll get over it but it's just daft little things that send my mind into overdrive and it hits me hard and I wish it didn't yeah dogs love every bed that isn't theirs :lol: Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410910730.430411.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  161.6 KB before I moved him! he's only small but manages to take up loads of room by being in the middle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll get over it but it's just daft little things that send my mind into overdrive and it hits me hard and I wish it didn't yeah dogs love every bed that isn't theirs :lol: Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410910730.430411.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  161.6 KB before I moved him! he's only small but manages to take up loads of room by being in the middle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Exactly- mine was me getting jealous at someone for doing something that never should have involved me anyway, so kind of ridiculous but still Aww! Yeah mine would be the same probably, she already manages to take up half a room when she wants to lie stretched out in the middle :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Exactly- mine was me getting jealous at someone for doing something that never should have involved me anyway, so kind of ridiculous but still Aww! Yeah mine would be the same probably, she already manages to take up half a room when she wants to lie stretched out in the middle :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    thats not ridiculous jealousy happens :console: haha wow, what dog do you have? (Apologies if I've asked before) I feel like I'm going to fall asleep soon hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ughhh, just not doing so well tbh, the plan was to move into halls so i could minimise the isolation and also have three meals a day, and i've been here almost two weeks, have had maybe 5 or 6 meals here (have had a couple out dw) and have shut everybody out except for when i have classes
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :console: Only been two weeks - still lots of opportunities to reach out more? That doesn't sound the best on the meal front Please do stay safe about it :hugs: How have the meals been there so far? I remember you not being sure about them looking at menus/stuff.

Okay! :p:

Theres one for now, he's fast asleep again!

I know that feeling where you've had a great few days and then you get a bit down, it's normal though don't let it get to you too much!
    So cute!!! :eek: :love:

Sorry about fb stuff /evening blue's :console: (if I'm okay to call it that I reckon it's a thing (if that's partly what this low is) sorry if not :getmecoat:)

(Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
    Yeah I have asked for help from a few people and they seemed nice enough. Will have to do a bit more exploring tomorrow to see what else I can find after my morning lecture. I'm so unfit though that after walking around campus in the heat I end up getting really hot and sweaty, still could be worse I guess.

Hope you are well .
    Glad people have been nice at least Exploring's good! I don't know about you but I love a good explore/'venture Oh well you're not alone with getting hot recently Been too hot for walking about recently too - I imagine it'd be okay in just shorts and tshirt, but then it'd be too cold when I'm standing still!

Thanks - been out and back, slightly less down Hope you have a good day tomorrow!

i don't know what colour the kettle is :lol: and yessss! i LOVE stationary! Cannot WAAAIT to go shopping for stationary i lead such a sad life hahah! i should probably go and drive again but i full on cba :/ i always always file stuff cos it keeps me organised and SLIGHTLY less stressed (we all know i stress like a mad woman ) however, it tends to slip slightly every now and again and then i have to re-sort everything, but i find that weirdly satisfying haha

thats good then, but whats wrong now? i went to the cinema with my little cousin, and he started crying because he doesn't want me to leave for uni. it broke my heart :/
    :lol: I know you can't You had fun last time? Though it can sometimes seem like such an effort to, I know
    Haha - I always plan to be organised but then it comes undone pretty quickly It is satisfying! Like tidying your room or rearranging the furniture!

Don't know Just didn't do much I guess :dontknow: Aww Was he the terror? That's nice of him though!
    :hugs: to you for panic attack and agree with others - you will defo make friends :yep:

(Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    I think my anxiety is mostly selfishness on my part to be honest .

Though I think I have social media anxiety because it stresses me when I know people have sent me msgs on fb they expect replies to and additionally when I avoid it then they start following me on other sites - awkward!
    I get the same and with texts and emails, just gets me so anxious - and sort of worked up a bit about replying sometimes. I did have facebook set to "offline to all except <list of people>", which I guess was sort of good for avoiding messages, though turned that off a couple of days ago (after like 6 or more months with it on )

:hugs:

Yeahh, I don't think D of E was the greatest idea- as I said I have a habit of just keeping going through anything, which is fine until I stop! That said, I'm a lot better with physical stuff than I was, just any kind of mental effort tires me our really quickly

:console: Not good Can you go for a walk or something and see if that helps? Or see ducks! :penguin: (closest to duck I can come up with ). Yeah, got several and tablets and things, they do help but not anything like enough! Been a lot better today though, only had one attack (as opposed to three :unimpressed:) plus mum's been in all day which makes it less scary, on the basis that I know that if I pass out someone can go get help Think something was just triggering it really badly yesterday, don't know what thoguh as I was mainly just at home :dontknow:

Good Ooh, rubber bands vs nerf gun could be entertaining... Maybe don't try that one then :lol:

Good idea to send to parents! I just made my dad read through an email and things before I sent them too, he took one look and said 'so what were you actually trying to say?' :rolleyes:

:eek: Doctor who, I'd forgotten that had been on! Never seen it in cinema though :no:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I did meet Matt Smith though once when they were filming in one of the villages near me, and saw it being filmed once near my grandparents too! :excited:
    Hope you feel a bit better soon :hugs:
    Oh, sorry You still did it though!

Went out eventually to see ducks, and also got comfort food from tesco Almost didn't because I need a bus to get there now, but think it was worth it (plus I might as well use this bus pass now I've bought it )
    Ah that sucks :/ Glad you've been better today though yeah sometimes being home alone can be kinda stressful/scary, particularly when you're not feeling your best. and yeah I guess must be pretty scary with asthma I guess

Haha, I'll have to wait for her to be out and get the others or not :lol:

They didn't reply/check if I'd replied to their first reply - hope they check in the morning or something Haha
    Neither have I! But we have a cinema projector, and can link a computer to it, so why not?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's cool! :dance: I know my brother saw a cyberman or something/sometimes sees them filming - he lives in cardiff which is where the studio is I think

10:20pm and only unpacked a third of my stuff. staring out window or at wall crying
    Well done - that's still a good amount for your first night - have plenty of time over the next week to do the rest
    :hugs:

(Original post by guitaristemily)
    about to go to sleep, hopefully wont have an attack to wake up too.
    Hope you sleep okay :hugs:

(Original post by Deyesy)
    Yeah it was slightly combative, so they could've gone about it a different way but they had a point. Placebo's can and do work, if you don't know you're actually taking one. Studies into it aren't very ethical but they show 'sugar pills' can work.

Starting 1st year proper on Saturday. Starting to get really, really, really anxious about the thought of trying to fit in. I know I just disappear in large groups. How're you mate?
    True Not sure it necessarily deserved the reprimand initially, though then it was kinda difficult to understand what it meant tbh, or at least I found Was just going to leave it :creep:
    Well it must be so difficult to study! Particularly as well with drug trials they have a control group on placebo and stuff, don't they?

I agree, tbh. I tend to hold back on debates etc here cause I see some things very differently to the norm, and know I will be pounced on for it.
    Same here sometimes I guess I don't think you'd be pounced on! :eek: I don't think I like the way we sometimes act though to different opinions, I don't know :dontknow:

Goad em and offload em - it's the lupine way! :animal:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I realise you're just trying to help, and acknowledge that I might well be alone in feeling this way And this isn't solely aimed at you or anyone at all (and I think you're super kind and awesome too ) (and isn't meant as a criticism of anyone, just my thoughts on how things go, I guess - I love everyone here!)
    But I really feel as though it'd be a lot easier if when people are being unpleasant and such, that people just ignored them and reported - goading a troll's going to do nothing but antagonise them/cause more conflict and possible upset, and insulting a troll/being clever/"having fun at their expense" doesn't really do much either - because they simply couldn't care less.

As for non-trolls but people just being offensive, I think it's sort of hypocritical to be deliberately rude back - it's just being mean back, which is mean - 2 wrongs don't make a right, after all :dontknow:
    This comes from someone who'd at least like to be pacifist, and generally doesn't want conflict, so maybe I'm being unrealistic and naive - perfectly possible, but anyway... (and I definitely do not want to start any debate/conflict with this very comment on how things happen, but feel as though I should at least say something while I'm feeling confidant enough to )

Sorry, that's just my 2 pence...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.