Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    This is normal when you first start antidepressants. Hang on in there it should hopefully wear off soon.
    In all honesty, I don't think my left hand should feel numb though.

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :hugs: to both
    :jumphug: returned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They should do, especially if you say you're in crisis as TLG said- she put it a lot better than me (as usual ). Only just seen your PM sorry- replied now
    will reply soon

-----

so so low :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    In all honesty, I don't think my left hand should feel numb though.

Hmm, that is odd. I'd give it a while to see if it resolves itself, if not it might be worth going back to the doctor.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks. Sorry I've been a bit rubbish recently about checking in with you. Lost my marbles for quite a few days

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hmm, that is odd. I'd give it a while to see if it resolves itself, if not it might be worth going back to the doctor.
    I'd not get an appointment until the end of the month, sadly, and the receptionists at my GPs don't believe that anything related to depression except s/h is considered as an emergency.

ReputationRep:
    I'd not get an appointment until the end of the month, sadly, and the receptionists at my GPs don't believe that anything related to depression except s/h is considered as an emergency.
    That sucks. Could you make an appointment now and cancel if, closer to the time, the side effects are gone?

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thanks. Sorry I've been a bit rubbish recently about checking in with you. Lost my marbles for quite a few days
    Hey, it's ok! I would rather you'd focus on yourself and get 'better' (I need a more accurate word there, whoops) than check up on me.

ReputationRep:
    I feel emotionally weird tonight, just generally not right at all

All because of the moron of the internet pretending to have replies from the manager at my docs surgery making out they are actually bothered, and want to support me all through everything as much as I need

Feel like people are just doing stuff out of pity and to keep me happy

Stuck with my GP with a letter from a bloke i don't know, its a mess. Feel an idiot getting drawn into it

I need to be honest with my GP so I can try and grt some support because i feel emotionally more fragile. I was only speaking to this stranger because he genuinley seemed to care and its gone pear shaped

I don't know how to be honest with GP and say look I need your support because social anxiety means theres no one else who can help me and listen to me, and support me through therapy when it starts and that means i go on the internet and get roped in by strangers like the stupid idiot I always am

Can't trust anyone. Or my social anxiety means i put too much trust in people and it gets abused.

I am an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan)
    I feel emotionally weird tonight, just generally not right at all

All because of the moron of the internet pretending to have replies from the manager at my docs surgery making out they are actually bothered, and want to support me all through everything as much as I need

Feel like people are just doing stuff out of pity and to keep me happy

Stuck with my GP with a letter from a bloke i don't know, its a mess. Feel an idiot getting drawn into it

I need to be honest with my GP so I can try and grt some support because i feel emotionally more fragile. I was only speaking to this stranger because he genuinley seemed to care and its gone pear shaped

I don't know how to be honest with GP and say look I need your support because social anxiety means theres no one else who can help me and listen to me, and support me through therapy when it starts and that means i go on the internet and get roped in by strangers like the stupid idiot I always am
    you could say tht without the idiot part

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That sucks. Could you make an appointment now and cancel if, closer to the time, the side effects are gone?
    I tried to make an appointment today so I could get my medical notes for my school and exam board, and they told me I had to come back next week to make an appointment as they're all booked up until the 17th April at least. It's all cause over 70 people missed appointments in March at the practice and it's the biggest in the city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    you could say tht without the idiot part
    Haha, you're right

But how do i tell him he has a letter from someone i don't actually know in person ? He asked me if i knew the guy and I said yes. Because i felt too ashamed to admit my lack of friends means i seek support off people i don't know - would that sound daft ?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you're right

But how do i tell him he has a letter from someone i don't actually know in person ? He asked me if i knew the guy and I said yes. Because i felt too ashamed to admit my lack of friends means i seek support off people i don't know - would that sound daft ?
    theywont judge you and can only help if youre 100% honest so tell thwm everything. you have nothing to lose

ReputationRep:
    Finally seeing spring arriving! 23C today.

S/h
    I've been wearing a short sleeved shirt today and yesterday and haven't, as far as I can tell, had anyone staring at my arms or commenting to their friends about me. Got a huge confidence boost when I bought a sandwich for lunch and the guy serving me had a lot of scars up both arms. It's great that he's got a job interacting with the public (not meant condescendingly) and his employer hasn't discriminated against him. Gives me hope that I can find a job too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    theywont judge you and can only help if youre 100% honest so tell thwm everything. you have nothing to lose
    Thank you

Do you think it would mean they will stop supporting me, or just support more ?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That was all me today during school too, and now I've started my antidepressants and one dose has already made me feel nauseous. But you can do it and it will get better, I promise. :jumphug:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I honestly don't know what to do anymore because i feel that everything is going into one big massive mess and i can't really work a way out of it.

:hugs: to both
    :hugs: to you - heard you had a rough last few days.. Hope everything is okay :jumphug:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hey, it's ok! I would rather you'd focus on yourself and get 'better' (I need a more accurate word there, whoops) than check up on me.
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    :hugs: to you - heard you had a rough last few days.. Hope everything is okay :jumphug:
    Thanks ladies :grouphugs: Doing a bit better but not out of the woods yet

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Do you think it would mean they will stop supporting me, or just support more ?
    why would they stop supporting you?????

----------------------

trying to think of how to eexplain to my mum that i cant come homewhen i planned without making her sad. just cant cope with two of my abusers being there. not right now.

Spoiler:
    Show
    i am getting really jumpy at all the sounds. like im way to hyperaware of everything riight now and scared that hes going to come and get me. cant get it out of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I honestly don't know what to do anymore because i feel that everything is going into one big massive mess and i can't really work a way out of it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Maybe you need to take a step back from everything and take a few days instead of working yourself up into a big state.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Always here if you want to talk :hugs:

(gave you rep 'cause I'm proud of you <3 )

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    :jumphug:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.