UEA Accommodation Watch

This discussion is closed.
adultmaleuk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is it correct that Wolfson Close is primarily occupied by International students?

Many thanks.
Et Tu, Brute?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was last year apparently, but I've heard they changed it this for this year. There was a guy in the UEA thread worried about the same thing as he is staying in Wolfson.
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So I applied for a twin room.
God help me.
Fingers crossed roommate and I won't be polar opposites.

Trippingup
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
So I applied for a twin room.
God help me.
Fingers crossed roommate and I won't be polar opposites.

How much cheaper a week Is that?
richyuni
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
got my accommodation offer its wolfson close. I phoned the accommodation office a few days before the offers went out and asked to be put with other mature students,they said they would put it as my first choice. fingers crossed that they did
Sweetpeamay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone have pictures of nelson court? And how are the flats numbered?
driftawaay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Trippingup)
How much cheaper a week Is that?
A twin room costs about 2600 a year, a single room costs 3800 (Ziggurats). The cheapest single room available in any UEA accomodation is mary chapman court which is like 3000 (and you would have to pay for a bus pass then, unless you really love walking and cycling)

I'd love to save that 400 a year cause Im broke as hell as it is.
Et Tu, Brute?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
A twin room costs about 2600 a year, a single room costs 3800 (Ziggurats). The cheapest single room available in any UEA accomodation is mary chapman court which is like 3000 (and you would have to pay for a bus pass then, unless you really love walking and cycling)

I'd love to save that 400 a year cause Im broke as hell as it is.
Wolfson should be pretty cheap. I was cheaper than Mary Chapman last year but they put the price up this year.
driftawaay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
Wolfson should be pretty cheap. I was cheaper than Mary Chapman last year but they put the price up this year.
Yeah Wolfson is like 3100. Twin ziggurats is my 1st choice, wolfson 2nd and mary chapman 3rd.
Ayda Rudolf
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got my accommodation from uea and I was placed in a paired unit at constable terrace. It looks really small and all. If anyone has information about this room I'll really appreciate it cos I'm worried I'll accept and hate it at the end of the day.
Trippingup
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey

27 mature Philosophy student from Sept onwards.

Can't wait! Thought I'd find some fellow Wolves (Is that correct?)

If it isn't, I don't care too much - I like it.
Tom_green_day
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How have you got it already? Did you get an unconditional?
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ayda Rudolf)
Just got my accommodation from uea and I was placed in a paired unit at constable terrace. It looks really small and all. If anyone has information about this room I'll really appreciate it cos I'm worried I'll accept and hate it at the end of the day.
now you have the offer you won't get another if you reject it so you might as well make the most of it. I don't know about the paired units but the normal bedrooms in Constable are a good size by university standards
rikkiman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i am staying here is september, anyone else got their offer yet ?
Sweetpeamay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yup I'll be NC!
KasabianChief
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Should I be worried that I haven't got an accomodation offer yet?
Dr DaMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KasabianChief)
http://gyazo.com/813e9b076a804ffa4d35a783af9f9461

That's a screenshot of an email they sent me earlier today so need to be worried, they should be allocating it within the next few weeks.
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KasabianChief)
if you just had your place confirmed it takes a week or two to send out accommodation offers, I wouldn't worry
Dr DaMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any idea if I'll still be able to change my preferences? I want to switch my 1st/2nd choices as my budget's worked out a little more generously than I'd anticipated.
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dr DaMan)
Any idea if I'll still be able to change my preferences? I want to switch my 1st/2nd choices as my budget's worked out a little more generously than I'd anticipated.
as they haven't allocated yet- just email them asking and the new preferences. They're really good about it all
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Tue, 12 Mar '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1234)
79.61%
Leave (316)
20.39%

Watched Threads