The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Straight up G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How did Sanchez do, and I've heard Benzema messed this game up for Madrid.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Benzema missed a few good chances. Sanchez seemed quiet, but I was distracted a lot at the pub, so I could be wrong.
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sanchez was brilliant in his role.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
So. Porto win, 1-0. Penalty goal....

Just a normal day at the office for Porto ¬_¬

In other news. Portugal in semi-finals of U-20 World Cup. Great achievement by the team. Can't see us beating France though.
JK.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aa22)

In other news. Portugal in semi-finals of U-20 World Cup. Great achievement by the team. Can't see us beating France though.
Did you watch the quarters? Amazing pen. shootout.

France only just scraped past Nigeria, they'll be favourites but I wouldn't be too down on your chances.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JK.)
Did you watch the quarters? Amazing pen. shootout.

France only just scraped past Nigeria, they'll be favourites but I wouldn't be too down on your chances.
Yeah, I did ^_^

I was a bit annoyed that defenders were taking the penalties for Portugal, I couldn't believe even Danilo was taking one, he can barely make a good pass so I wasn't surprised when he missed.

At 3-1 I was quite pissed off and getting ready to turn off the stream, but then France missed and then Mika saved the day

And I guess that gives me some hope. It'll be interesting to see if we can stop Griezmann, Lacazette and Kakuta, because it's been shown that scoring lots of goals is not what we do..
hashman90
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Straight up G)
How did Sanchez do, and I've heard Benzema messed this game up for Madrid.
He had an excellent game, will give pedro a run for his money for that spot on the ring wing imo
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The highlights of the brazil-germany game:

The formation which Löw used is basically the Barca formation.

---------Schweinsteiger--------
-------Kroos-------Götze---------
Müller---------------------Schürrle
-------------Klose------------------
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...a-2338453.html

:facepalm2:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
On the Guardian Blog it said that the result is now in jeopardy due to Bundesliga rules about no sound from the PA system during open play.

I would love Hoff to have the result reversed to a Dortmund win :coma:
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Yeah, I did ^_^

I was a bit annoyed that defenders were taking the penalties for Portugal, I couldn't believe even Danilo was taking one, he can barely make a good pass so I wasn't surprised when he missed.

At 3-1 I was quite pissed off and getting ready to turn off the stream, but then France missed and then Mika saved the day

And I guess that gives me some hope. It'll be interesting to see if we can stop Griezmann, Lacazette and Kakuta, because it's been shown that scoring lots of goals is not what we do..
Kakuta hasn't being playing much in the tournament and Lacazette has being a sub most of it. Dunno why Sunu is ahead of him tbh.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Catilina)
The highlights of the brazil-germany game:

The formation which Löw used is basically the Barca formation.

---------Schweinsteiger--------
-------Kroos-------Götze---------
Müller---------------------Schürrle
-------------Klose------------------
The "Barca formation"? Is that what they call 4-3-3 these days?

(Original post by 419)
Kakuta hasn't being playing much in the tournament and Lacazette has being a sub most of it. Dunno why Sunu is ahead of him tbh.
Sounds good

Too bad this match will clash with the stupidly scheduled Barca-Real match. Will probably miss all of the first half and maybe more if it goes to extra time
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Turns out Robbie Keane was a boyhood LA Galaxy fan, then.
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aa22)

I didn’t watch it, i was with family. My family bloody knew Porto were on, I swear they always arrange things when Porto are on! Drives me crazy! Of course if it was Benfica playing that day then they wouldn’t have planned anything but it’s Porto and there’s only me who likes them...so annoying! I saw the highlights of it but there isn’t really much you can say to highlights.

Anyway, we’ve signed Defour and Mangala from Standard, €7m for Mangala and €6m for Defour. I'm more excited with the signing of Defour but that’s because I don’t know an awful lot about Mangala. But it probably means now that Fernando is definitely on his way, and I still feel a couple more will be on their way too.

Watched some of it, not as much as I would have liked to though but it is great that they’ve managed to get this far. Mika’s great, he’s such a waste with you guys right now! He needs to be loaned out. Possibly the next Ricardo with his penalty saves haha. Nuno Reis sticking his fingers up at the end..apparently he done it because when Argentina were 3-1 up they were saying stuff to the Portugal boys.. but still..it something he really shouldn’t really be doing as he could have easily been punished for it.

Good luck for tonight..if you're anything like Friday night then you need all the luck you can get!
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Abiraleft)
:rofl2:
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
I didn’t watch it, i was with family. My family bloody knew Porto were on, I swear they always arrange things when Porto are on! Drives me crazy! Of course if it was Benfica playing that day then they wouldn’t have planned anything but it’s Porto and there’s only me who likes them...so annoying! I saw the highlights of it but there isn’t really much you can say to highlights.

Anyway, we’ve signed Defour and Mangala from Standard, €7m for Mangala and €6m for Defour. I'm more excited with the signing of Defour but that’s because I don’t know an awful lot about Mangala. But it probably means now that Fernando is definitely on his way, and I still feel a couple more will be on their way too.

Watched some of it, not as much as I would have liked to though but it is great that they’ve managed to get this far. Mika’s great, he’s such a waste with you guys right now! He needs to be loaned out. Possibly the next Ricardo with his penalty saves haha. Nuno Reis sticking his fingers up at the end..apparently he done it because when Argentina were 3-1 up they were saying stuff to the Portugal boys.. but still..it something he really shouldn’t really be doing as he could have easily been punished for it.

Good luck for tonight..if you're anything like Friday night then you need all the luck you can get!
Lol, sucks for you I guess, but I now exactly what you mean..

And honestly, I can't believe you've gone and signed both Mangala and Defour. And so cheap as well, especially Defour who has been courted by the big guns for a while now. I already hate Mangala because I'm sure his agent said that Mangala wouldn't be interested in playing in Portugal when Benfica were showing apparent interest...

The "Marvelous Duo" of Witsel and Defour are now in Portugal, and I've heard Defour is the better of the two (GODAMNIT!), but more in the Moutinho mould..

Hopefully Moutinho can go away now. And even Falcao seems to be ready to make a sideway's move to Atletico, lol. I would like to see him at a bigger club tbh..

I have to agree Mika will probably be wasted at Benfica :\ Hopefully he is loaned out, but I can't see that happening. I'm sure we'll just be keeping them just to make up the numbers for the Champions League (if we even get there)..

Honestly I have a bad feeling about the match tonight... A score draw to take back would be nice..
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
The "Barca formation"? Is that what they call 4-3-3 these days?
I called it the Barca formation because it´s the most famous 4-3-3 formation which includes only one defensive midfielder.
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Lol, sucks for you I guess, but I now exactly what you mean..

And honestly, I can't believe you've gone and signed both Mangala and Defour. And so cheap as well, especially Defour who has been courted by the big guns for a while now. I already hate Mangala because I'm sure his agent said that Mangala wouldn't be interested in playing in Portugal when Benfica were showing apparent interest...

The "Marvelous Duo" of Witsel and Defour are now in Portugal, and I've heard Defour is the better of the two (GODAMNIT!), but more in the Moutinho mould..

Hopefully Moutinho can go away now. And even Falcao seems to be ready to make a sideway's move to Atletico, lol. I would like to see him at a bigger club tbh..

I have to agree Mika will probably be wasted at Benfica :\ Hopefully he is loaned out, but I can't see that happening. I'm sure we'll just be keeping them just to make up the numbers for the Champions League (if we even get there)..

Honestly I have a bad feeling about the match tonight... A score draw to take back would be nice..
Ha, did his agent really say that? He just clearly didn't want to play for you..

Hopefully Moutinho can go away now?! Umm.. No! Moutinho can't leave, and i really hope this doesn't mean he can go. He simply has to stay! As for Falcao..if Atleti give us the money then he can go! I like Atletico so if he's to go then let it be there! Obviously i don't want him to leave, but if we get given the full amount then it's going to be pretty hard to say no to it!

That's exactly why the guy needs to go out on loan! He can't be a wasted talent!

Hmm...we shall see!
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Abiraleft)
Just like he was a boyhood Liverpool fan aswell.

Leicester were after him but he turned them down to go to LA. I don't blame him because he didn't have any offers from the PL club so if someone offers you the Championship or a move to LA with a better salary but not great successful prospects then you go for the latter. He is getting towards the end of his career so I can't see him hacking it at the PL level anyway. Trapattoni will still pick him for the ROI, he chose Given consistently last season even though he was warming the bench at City. As long as Keane gets games, he'll be fine for the ROI.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (172)
18.59%
No (560)
60.54%
Not really bothered about them (193)
20.86%

Watched Threads