Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    don't read my posts if they bother you.

You too used to have panic attacks!:eek: No **** !!! i cant believe it. Finally i found someone who has panic attacks. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to get them. It is just a terrifying experience, you feel like you are dying. I had them in the exam room back in May, and that was the only day I had two exams, and the only Bs I had were those two. But its been sometimes that I didn't get them either i hope i won't experience them again. I wish the same for you
    I think I mentioned this to you before in a previous post!

They are horrible, horrible things. I was prescribed some kind of beta blocker - but they gave me insomnia, so that wasn't very helpful. Ultimately, I was given rest breaks and a separate exam room and after almost a year of seeing a psychologist, I never suffered again. Ultimately, I got the exam results I wanted - but it was a difficult journey, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    LSE is ranked 3, so only one below Oxford but the LSE experience would be ranked 23343 below oxford. I wasn't even happy about my LSE offer. I was in Oxford when I got it. I woke up, then checked the time on my phone and I saw the email. I swear i didn't feel anything in the heat of Oxford. Rankings don't say everything. You might get just as good teaching elsewhere and probably it won't make a difference in terms of finding a job but the privilege of life in Oxbridge for 3 years is what will change your life. My point: LSE isn't what you think it is, so just relax and see. If they were going to reject you, they would have done so already.
    Hi. You're not taking in your Oxford rejection very well Complaining about LSE, emphasising its negatives over its positives, or repeatedly telling (and reliving) your story of how indifferent you were to have received an offer from them isn't going to help you get over your Oxford rejection any faster (unless you don't actually want to get over your Oxford rejection... then by all means, keep doing what you're doing).

As it has been said on this thread and on others, your university experience is what you make of it. Besides, you have not experienced either institution as a full-time student so surely, you can't claim with full conviction that the 'LSE experience' is 23343 below the Oxford one. What's that saying about the grass is always greener on the other side? Perhaps the Oxford tutors thought you wouldn't thrive or succeed in an Oxford environment - that it didn't suit you. That you would succeed in/through a non-Oxbridge environment/experience. They might have thought you would struggle with the Oxford experience. Have you asked for rejection feedback from the college you applied to? Perhaps it will help you provide some closure as to why you didn't receive a place.

Besides, IMO, comparing Oxbridge with any other university is kind of like comparing oranges to apples. With regards to LSE v. Oxbridge specifically, they offer incredibly different and diverse university experiences, not only in terms of teaching, but also in terms of campus-base vs. city-base life. Out of curiosity, why didn't you firm your Durham offer? You've displayed a fair amount of disdain towards the 'LSE experience' and Durham's university experience would probably be more in line with the Oxbridge one and you might enjoy it more!

ReputationRep:
    LSE is ranked 3, so only one below Oxford but the LSE experience would be ranked 23343 below oxford. I wasn't even happy about my LSE offer. I was in Oxford when I got it. I woke up, then checked the time on my phone and I saw the email. I swear i didn't feel anything in the heat of Oxford. Rankings don't say everything. You might get just as good teaching elsewhere and probably it won't make a difference in terms of finding a job but the privilege of life in Oxbridge for 3 years is what will change your life. My point: LSE isn't what you think it is, so just relax and see. If they were going to reject you, they would have done so already.
    Whenever I see your posts, you always seemto belittle lse -most people would kill to be in your position.
    As amazing as oxford is, they are not the best for all subjects and for certain careers. For example, I am studying law and wish to work internationally - lse has a one up on oxford by being a london uni and having a very political and current affairs like approach to the law.
    I applied to oxford and got rejected after interviews yet got lse in the first batch of offers (which I still cannot believe) but after interviews, I was more or less inclined to firm lse because it suited what I wanted to do (and I am not just saying that). I didn't suit oxford and I knew that straight after my first interview.
    I am sorry lse doesn't suit you (it may be different for history) but there is no need to play down others achievements - getting an lse offer is a huge achievement and I hope all those with offers realise this.
    Sorry about my rant but you really need to be more considerate with what you say, especially on an lse thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangejuice.)
    Hi. You're not taking in your Oxford rejection very well Complaining about LSE, emphasising its negatives over its positives, or repeatedly telling (and reliving) your story of how indifferent you were to have received an offer from them isn't going to help you get over your Oxford rejection any faster (unless you don't actually want to get over your Oxford rejection... then by all means, keep doing what you're doing).

As it has been said on this thread and on others, your university experience is what you make of it. Besides, you have not experienced either institution as a full-time student so surely, you can't claim with full conviction that the 'LSE experience' is 23343 below the Oxford one. What's that saying about the grass is always greener on the other side? Perhaps the Oxford tutors thought you wouldn't thrive or succeed in an Oxford environment - that it didn't suit you. That you would succeed in/through a non-Oxbridge environment/experience. They might have thought you would struggle with the Oxford experience. Have you asked for rejection feedback from the college you applied to? Perhaps it will help you provide some closure as to why you didn't receive a place.

Besides, IMO, comparing Oxbridge with any other university is kind of like comparing oranges to apples. With regards to LSE v. Oxbridge specifically, they offer incredibly different and diverse university experiences, not only in terms of teaching, but also in terms of campus-base vs. city-base life. Out of curiosity, why didn't you firm your Durham offer? You've displayed a fair amount of disdain towards the 'LSE experience' and Durham's university experience would probably be more in line with the Oxbridge one and you might enjoy it more!
    Thank you very much for typing all that bro. Thats what I was trying to explain, that although LSE is only ranked one place below Oxford that doesn't mean that they are similar. I meant the Oxford experience would have suited me a lot more. I really liked other people there and I had some serious conversations with them about poetry and politics and philosophy,etc... Everyone was really interested in their subjects while I feel at LSE everyone wants to become banker or lawyer. I don't mean that LSE is rubbish. It is just the thought I will be deprived of this experience for the rest of my life that hurts me. I didn't want to go to Durham , I lived in London for 3 years and it is really hard move to a small city for me. Besides LSE is more political and I like that. Best of luck with LSE(if you still haven't got the offer).

ReputationRep:
    Please dude get over yourself and get out of this thread because a lot of us here are trying to get into our dream university and we don't need you here trying to beat us down. If you really hate LSE that much please reject your offer because i'm sure there are hundreds of other people here willing to give their arm/leg for the opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun_Bear)
    Please dude get over yourself and get out of this thread because a lot of us here are trying to get into our dream university and we don't need you here trying to beat us down. If you really hate LSE that much please reject your offer because i'm sure there are hundreds of other people here willing to give their arm/leg for the opportunity.
    I didn't realise you are that sensitive. I am sorry I didn't consider your feeling before I made every single post on TSR. I wasn't trying to beat anyone down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js15398)
    Whenever I see your posts, you always seemto belittle lse -most people would kill to be in your position.
    As amazing as oxford is, they are not the best for all subjects and for certain careers. For example, I am studying law and wish to work internationally - lse has a one up on oxford by being a london uni and having a very political and current affairs like approach to the law.
    I applied to oxford and got rejected after interviews yet got lse in the first batch of offers (which I still cannot believe) but after interviews, I was more or less inclined to firm lse because it suited what I wanted to do (and I am not just saying that). I didn't suit oxford and I knew that straight after my first interview.
    I am sorry lse doesn't suit you (it may be different for history) but there is no need to play down others achievements - getting an lse offer is a huge achievement and I hope all those with offers realise this.
    Sorry about my rant but you really need to be more considerate with what you say, especially on an lse thread.
    why does everyone say I keep complaining about LSE?
    I never said getting the offer is easy and I did say that LSE won't make a difference in terms of finding a job. You need to increase your tolerance. This is a public thread and I really didn't mean to hurt anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise you are that sensitive. I am sorry I didn't consider your feeling before I made every single post on TSR. I wasn't trying to beat anyone down.
    LOL so you enter a thread with a load of LSE hopefuls and say how bad the social life is, how meaningless the offer is to you and how LSE won't have any real impact on job prospects and expect us to have sympathy for you??

I find it comical how you applied to oxford with: "IGCSE: 1A* 3As 1B AS: ABBB (Bs 79%)in History, Psychology, Sociology and English lit."
    and feel it is the end of the world that you didn't get in??? hahaha

ReputationRep:
    LOL so you enter a thread with a load of LSE hopefuls and say how bad the social life is, how meaningless the offer is to you and how LSE won't have any real impact on job prospects and expect us to have sympathy for you??

I find it comical how you applied to oxford with: "IGCSE: 1A* 3As 1B AS: ABBB (Bs 79%)in History, Psychology, Sociology and English lit."
    How did those grades meet lse requirements ? ^

ReputationRep:
    Can we not turn this thread into an argument? PM each other please.

ReputationRep:
    why does everyone say I keep complaining about LSsE?
    I never said getting the offer is easy and I did say that LSE won't make a difference in terms of finding a job. You need to increase your tolerance. This is a public thread and I really didn't mean to hurt anyone.
    My tolerance level is fine - the fact that you got posts from others for the same thing shows that you seem to be the problem, not me.
    Or perhaps you have to word your responses a lot better for it sure seem like you were complaining about lse

Now lets end it there - sorry, I will stop now

ReputationRep:

1) I rarely really discussed social life, it was other people who did so.
    2) Yes, how meaningless the offer was to ME, not because it was easy but because I was occupied with Oxford by that time.
    3) I said Oxford isn't better than LSE in terms of job prospectus this one is SO WRONG.
    Of course, I didn't have very good grades but I still always wanted Oxford and I was invited for an interview so I thought I have a chance. Especially since I got offers from UCL, LSE and Durham.I also had mitigating circumstances for my GCSEs. I wasn't even surprised and I think it was really deserved.But that doesn't mean it didn't hurt me. I think my biggest mistake was applying in the first place.

Don't judge people too quickly.

ReputationRep:
    x
    No worries and thanks, yep, still waiting on it. I'm an Oxford reject as well ; ) Don't dwell on the past, face forward, onwards and upwards. I'm sure, and I hope you find other students at LSE who are as passionate as those you met at Oxford.

While I do generally agree with you, I don't think there's any need to get personal. Arminb hasn't personally attacked anyone. Clearly, he's having difficulty moving on and is probably not aware that it has manifested in his posts and on these threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js15398)
    My tolerance level is fine - the fact that you got posts from others for the same thing shows that you seem to be the problem, not me.
    Or perhaps you have to word your responses a lot better for it sure seem like you were complaining about lse
    No, he means what he says - look at his bio on his profile: "LSE (Offer-firmed unwillingly)." and the rest is pretty much sulking about not getting into oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangejuice.)
    X.
    Ye, i should tone down, the anxiety levels are creeping up before thursday and friday

ReputationRep:
    Ye, i should tone down, the anxiety levels are creeping up before thursday and friday
    Ugh, tell me about it, I know exactly how you feel. Been waiting since October and I'm dying a little as each day passes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackfyre)
    BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I PROMISE, WE WILL MAKE THIS THREAD SCREAM HELL AND BLOOD ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. EXPECT THE WRATH OF ANGERED APPLICANTS!
    I promised you the wrath and it's coming, the thread is already on fire. NEVER DOUBT THE WORDS OF A DESPERATE TEENAGER WITHOUT OFFERS, BY THURSDAY THE THREAD SHALL BURN!

ReputationRep:
    Haha thats awesome, my pants are on fire

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackfyre)
    I promised you the wrath and it's coming, the thread is already on fire. NEVER DOUBT THE WORDS OF A DESPERATE TEENAGER WITHOUT OFFERS, BY THURSDAY THE THREAD SHALL BURN!
    Pahahahaha, this guy ^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.