Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123_maggie)
    rejection from DWF LEEDS ;/
    I'm really sorry to hear, but I'm sure you'll have other firms knocking at your door before you know it!
    If you don't mind, could you copy and paste the rejection email you received or pm it to me? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiredandHopeful)
    I'm really sorry to hear, but I'm sure you'll have other firms knocking at your door before you know it!
    If you don't mind, could you copy and paste the rejection email you received or pm it to me? Thanks!

they also said

We are still considering any outstanding applications for DWF Training Contracts and will be in touch once the deadlines have passed. If you have not yet applied for a Training Contract we hope that the outcome of your interview does not discourage you from making an application in the future.
    Does anyone knows if they going to consider my application form for TC?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any experience attempting to change VS dates with a firm when you have already signed a contract?

Have a VS with Shearman and Sterling, but received an offer with Dentons today. If I changed the dates of my S and S scheme to their second summer intake I would be able to complete both, but unsure of how to approach S and S about it, or whether I even should!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC39)
    Has anyone had any experience attempting to change VS dates with a firm when you have already signed a contract?

Have a VS with Shearman and Sterling, but received an offer with Dentons today. If I changed the dates of my S and S scheme to their second summer intake I would be able to complete both, but unsure of how to approach S and S about it, or whether I even should!?
    I think you should definitely try. Maybe just send them an email saying you understand it may be difficult, but you wondered if it was possible that they could move you onto their second summer intake? Worst they can say is no.

ReputationRep:
    lol PFO from withers, unsurprised considering that ridiculous 60 word limit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procrastination1)
    I think you should definitely try. Maybe just send them an email saying you understand it may be difficult, but you wondered if it was possible that they could move you onto their second summer intake? Worst they can say is no.
    That's what I thought, probably worth a try at least.. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    So, now that March has arrived, any news from Hill Dickinson?

ReputationRep:
    PFO from Withers too. 4 left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC39)
    That's what I thought, probably worth a try at least.. Thanks!
    Try phone them instead, it'll look a bit more polite. I managed tochange dates on one of mine so definitely worth trying

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone heard from BLP post AC?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you're allowed a day off in a 2 week vac scheme? My graduation is in the middle of the second week of my vac scheme. Will it look bad even asking for a day off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ireneebeenie)
    Hey has anyone heard from BLP post AC?
    Hi can I just ask when you had the AC?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Bond Dickinson post assessment centre- it was only monday but I'm just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procrastination1)
    Hi can I just ask when you had the AC?
    12th February, but I know they are still holding AC's throughout march because I could have chosen to attend an AC in march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123_maggie)
    they also said

We are still considering any outstanding applications for DWF Training Contracts and will be in touch once the deadlines have passed. If you have not yet applied for a Training Contract we hope that the outcome of your interview does not discourage you from making an application in the future.
    Does anyone knows if they going to consider my application form for TC?
    Might be a good idea to call them and find out if you need to make a fresh application or whether they just forward your current application which has passed the Video Interview stage to a Training Contract application. If it's the former, it'll be worth finding out if you need brand new answers to the questions as well. How did you find the interview though? What were the questions asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkmshire)
    Try phone them instead, it'll look a bit more polite. I managed tochange dates on one of mine so definitely worth trying
    Okay, good to know! Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    The wait for Taylor Wessing is unreal. Bloody unreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by florence:))
    Does anyone know if you're allowed a day off in a 2 week vac scheme? My graduation is in the middle of the second week of my vac scheme. Will it look bad even asking for a day off?
    Depends on the firm - I asked about taking a day off to collect final degree results and they said no. However, graduation might be a stronger reason - no harm in asking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to send an email to a firm asking when you'll hear back, who do you address it to? Just Grad Recruitment team or Dear Sir/Madam? Don't want to appear rude but the wait is torture!

(White & Case post video)

ReputationRep:
    PFO from Nabarro post AC.

Still waiting on Mishcon de Reya, I did the Video Interview a long time ago. Good things come to those who wait... right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.