Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I'm generally quite good at learning languages as I find vocab and grammar easy to pick up, but yeah, my pronunciation is a bit dodgy; people from Fu Zhou also have dodgy pronunciations in Mandarin too (I've lived there for like 6 years since birth, haven't been back since). Also, I am completely the wrong person to ask about politics
    Mmm... considering Fuzhou is in Fujian, that's pretty provincial, so I probably wouldn't understand a amalgamation of sounds expressed .. and it's fair not to know anything about politics... but I did hear that Abott was going to destroy the Great Barrier Reef or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 고구마)
    Mmm... considering Fuzhou is in Fujian, that's pretty provincial, so I probably wouldn't understand a amalgamation of sounds expressed .. and it's fair not to know anything about politics... but I did hear that Abott was going to destroy the Great Barrier Reef or something...
    I use Fuzhou and Fujian interchangeably, I can never remember which one is in which, but I'm talking about the general area :lol: Politics just bores me :dontknow:

I can't imagine myself moving back to Aus, but I've still got my citizenship in case I ever need to :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by 고구마)
    ooh fellow Asian. WHY YOU NO DOCTOR YET?

ahem anyway, what part of China? cos I'm from Guangdong/HK, so I speak Cantonese
    :five: Going to Guangzhou next week!

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone listening to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    What's everyone listening to?
    I'm on a Wolf Alice vibe tonight. Moaning Lisa Smile is a tune
    Usually though its either the strokes, joy division, stone roses or the hives

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is no way related to any conversation, but out of boredom I'm trying to learn some latin for no reason at all however these conjugations and declensions (whatever that even means) are so hard to remember.

EDIT: and to answer the previous question, quite lame but this...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Anybody noticed this as well?

There are 4 months worth of teaching left before exam period arrives to close our A level chapter. :gasp::shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)

There are 4 months worth of teaching left before exam period arrives to close our A level chapter. :gasp::shock:
    Yep, and we haven't even covered a fifth of the syllabus in chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    This is no way related to any conversation, but out of boredom I'm trying to learn some latin for no reason at all however these conjugations and declensions (whatever that even means) are so hard to remember.

EDIT: and to answer the previous question, quite lame but this...
    Ahh Latin. Quite fun. For some reason, I found the endings in Latin harder to memorise than the ones in French/Spanish. Tbh, I've forgotten most of them so I'm revising them this Christmas :lol:

(Original post by XxKingSniprxX)

I've got about 4-5 months left-ish but we've pretty much finished every course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Ahh Latin. Quite fun. For some reason, I found the endings in Latin harder to memorise than the ones in French/Spanish. Tbh, I've forgotten most of them so I'm revising them this Christmas :lol:

I've got about 4-5 months left-ish but we've pretty much finished every course
    How many exams will you have?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to feel nervous...

Goodbye room.

Cambridge are so sneaky with their room layouts. They have all the plugs and stuff on the opposite side of the room to the beds.

Clever indeed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I'm starting to feel nervous...

Goodbye room.

Cambridge are so sneaky with their room layouts. They have all the plugs and stuff on the opposite side of the room to the beds.

Clever indeed...
    My room had plugs right next to the bed, best of luck for the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    My room had plugs right next to the bed, best of luck for the interview.
    It was way too easy... Like for what it was. Which means they thought I was stupid

ReputationRep:
    How many exams will you have?
    15, 6 of which are essay subjects AND on my first 2 days :lol: then I have like 16 days for 9 exams. But my final exam and penultimate exam have 5 days between them so that's going to be fun fun fun calculus :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    15, 6 of which are essay subjects AND on my first 2 days :lol: then I have like 16 days for 9 exams. But my final exam and penultimate exam have 5 days between them so that's going to be fun fun fun calculus :rofl:
    First two days sound great:lol:. I haven't written an essay since my English Lit GCSE exam like a year and a half ago.

ReputationRep:
    First two days sound great:lol:. I haven't written an essay since my English Lit GCSE exam like a year and a half ago.
    Yup, I'm going to party so hard after I finish those first two days, though my hand may be dead :lol: Actually, probably not because I then have Physics 2 days later :emo::lol: Physics isn't too bad though, Maths is definitely the hardest for me by a long shot. I'm just glad my final exam is a calculus paper :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It was way too easy... Like for what it was. Which means they thought I was stupid
    Did you get any prep work before the interview? Or was it just the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Yup, I'm going to party so hard after I finish those first two days, though my hand may be dead :lol: Actually, probably not because I then have Physics 2 days later :emo::lol: Physics isn't too bad though, Maths is definitely the hardest for me by a long shot. I'm just glad my final exam is a calculus paper :lol:
    Just had a look at my exam timetable. I have an exam then a 21 day wait then the other 11 exams over 19 days FP3 is so isolated:lol:.

ReputationRep:
    Just had a look at my exam timetable. I have an exam then a 21 day wait then the other 11 exams over 19 days FP3 is so isolated:lol:.
    :lol: are you going to be on exam leave by your first exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    :lol: are you going to be on exam leave by then?
    I hope so, it's quite odd for an A2 exam to be so early in May but I should do well in it seeing as I have nothing else to worry about around that time

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.