Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    :hugs: Just the usual, don't worry, I feel like this every night. :sad:
    I see my life and my plans slipping away like a landslide in front of my eyes because of it all :sad:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ...if there were a button I could press to .. you know .. I would press it instantly :/
    :hugs: I get you, but just hang tight, you never know what's gonna come your way. Success isn't always easy but its definitely well worth :jumphug:

(Original post by Feraligatr)
    :hugs: I get you, but just hang tight, you never know what's gonna come your way. Success isn't always easy but its definitely well worth :jumphug:
    I just can't be bothered.
    I used to want to live for the children I wish to teach and love like my own, but I feel too worthless and have no care for that anymore. :dong:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I just can't be bothered.
    I used to want to live for the children I wish to teach and love like my own, but I feel too worthless and have no care for that anymore. :dong:
    :jumphug: Guessing you're doing a PGCE right?
    You can do it, sometimes you just need to be motivated. I know you can do it
    PGCEs are definitely difficult courses (assuming you're doing one) but I know you can do it though :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kickboxer 98)
    Not really
    Me and this guy love eachother, but he doesnt want to be friends anymore as I live too far
    Aww Im so sorry. :hugs:
    Gawsh, that sucks~ dw..although it may feel as if its the worst thing ever right now, it might be for the best. What Im about to say may sound a lil' harsh but if someone truly loves you then distance shouldnt mean anything. I apologise, Im not overly great at the whole advice thingy but i really hope you feel better and Im sure it'll all work out. Its just a matter of time. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Feraligatr)
    :jumphug: Guessing you're doing a PGCE right?
    You can do it, sometimes you just need to be motivated. I know you can do it
    PGCEs are definitely difficult courses (assuming you're doing one) but I know you can do it though :jumphug:
    No, but I do/did want to go into teaching. Depression is a killer

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No, but I do/did want to go into teaching. Depression is a killer

:jumphug: PM me if you want someone to talk to

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually crying now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    I'm actually crying now.
    What's up? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    What's up? :hugs:
    Watched Game of Thrones episode 9.

I'm still crying.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    No problem

Are your parents fairly understanding of your depression? I think it is so vital that we have a good support system in place, cause otherwise things can be really hard. Yeah, definitely. The worst thing is that sometimes there isn't even a trigger and you still end up feeling really low :/ its horrible :cry2: What are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

People feel like they need to have a facade due to other people's opinions of them if they say they are depressed etc. I just can't manage to do it but I don't think that is a bad thing, necessarily.

I'm retaking a few exams and attempting uni again, this time staying at home. Still really scared though
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, definitely. It was necessary otherwise I dunno what could have happened, which is scary when you think about it. Would you say you have been feeling better recently? or do you still get unwanted thoughts?

:hugs:
    Aha Last time I forgot to pop a hugging 'emoji' at the end! I'll do it this time round

Oh yeah, absolutely! Hate that feeling so so much :ashamed:
    Not a problem; I study Business Management

True, I very much agree. But I always feels that pain can be tolerant up til a certain limit, then 'one' cannot take it anymore and has to release it somehow in a good way of course.

Oh good! I am still very happy to hear that you're doing that! Go for it Have faith, work really hard and results will come to you!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know right. Never go into a hell hole - it's not worth the damage it'll cause you in the long run Well, I have been feeling a little down last week as you know but I am better recently over the past months I do get a quite a bit of irrational thoughts, but now I'm trying to block them out by listening to upbeat music or playing Impossible on the piano or whatever piece I fancy just to calm me down

About the support from parents: sensitive material, so I thought I'd spoiler it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, they sort of do now. They never used to before because I'd just keep it all to myself. It was only this January when I messaged one of my friends who had got into Cambridge a couple of years ago, I had asked her how she gained such amazing grades because I was literally giving up and told her that I really didn't want to die because of wanting success, but that it was a key element for gaining happiness for me personally (and still always will be). She then gave me really good advice on how I could achieve good grades, e.g. - ask for additional help from lecturers, look online, and for mental heath and then notified my old school. This was the last thing I'd ever wanted because my secondary was not very supportive. But now the headmistress knows about what's going and she contacted my parents.. so that's how they know now. They still do not entirely understand, but they are now more willing to give me support
    As stated earlier: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Depressed and unwell.

ReputationRep:
    Annoyed, why do they still persist on filling Skittles packets full of disgusting yellow ones and 2 or 3 purples

ReputationRep:
    Some depressed ass people on this thread LMAO!

ReputationRep:
    Just excited to get some sleep after a crap day :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Really strange... I feel like I might end up with A*A*A* which is so ridiculous considering my targets are CCC, but something in the back of my head is telling me that's not good enough and I have no idea why I'm feeling like this? It's so hard to explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    Aha Last time I forgot to pop a hugging 'emoji' at the end! I'll do it this time round

Oh yeah, absolutely! Hate that feeling so so much :ashamed:
    Not a problem; I study Business Management

True, I very much agree. But I always feels that pain can be tolerant up til a certain limit, then 'one' cannot take it anymore and has to release it somehow in a good way of course.

Oh good! I am still very happy to hear that you're doing that! Go for it Have faith, work really hard and results will come to you!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know right. Never go into a hell hole - it's not worth the damage it'll cause you in the long run Well, I have been feeling a little down last week as you know but I am better recently over the past months I do get a quite a bit of irrational thoughts, but now I'm trying to block them out by listening to upbeat music or playing Impossible on the piano or whatever piece I fancy just to calm me down

About the support from parents: sensitive material, so I thought I'd spoiler it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, they sort of do now. They never used to before because I'd just keep it all to myself. It was only this January when I messaged one of my friends who had got into Cambridge a couple of years ago, I had asked her how she gained such amazing grades because I was literally giving up and told her that I really didn't want to die because of wanting success, but that it was a key element for gaining happiness for me personally (and still always will be). She then gave me really good advice on how I could achieve good grades, e.g. - ask for additional help from lecturers, look online, and for mental heath and then notified my old school. This was the last thing I'd ever wanted because my secondary was not very supportive. But now the headmistress knows about what's going and she contacted my parents.. so that's how they know now. They still do not entirely understand, but they are now more willing to give me support
    As stated earlier: :hugs:
    Haha, that's no problem

Yeah, that feeling is probably the worst. I have had the feeling quite a lot over the last week

Ahh cool. Have you enjoyed it so far?

Yeah, definitely! There is a limit. As long as, when you go past that limit, you ask for help and reach out instead of going through it all on your own, I think it is okayish. It is still horrible, of course, but it isn't as bad as going through it all on your own.

I'll be honest, I don't have much faith at the moment. I still think that I am gonna struggle with uni and not enjoy it again. I definitely do want to do a degree though, so just gonna have to get through that feeling and push on. Have been struggling with revision and motivation too, but it has improved from a while ago. Got 3 exams left so just hanging in there until they finish.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ahh, fair enough. Blocking them out or just realising that they are only thoughts and have no substance is important. It is something I struggle with a lot though. I often let those thoughts take over and determine how my day goes.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Do you feel a bit better after letting it out and your parents knowing what you have been going through? I don't think our parent's will fully understand, to be honest. But as long as they understand a little bit and don't make you feel worse, then it is okay. Have you got any siblings? If so, do they know/understand?

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    depressed

ReputationRep:
    Really confused. I feel somewhat betrayed, once again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    J
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ...if there were a button I could press to .. you know .. I would press it instantly :/
    I feel like that quite a lot

ReputationRep:
    I'm a tad bit peckish, I'm just lucky I have 900kcals left to play with for today .

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.