Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    I honestly feel like I have no Plan B ...

If I f' up - I'll just have to reapply...ain't my ass going Birmingham 😭😭😭

Anyone else reapplying i.e. regrets their insurance choice?
    I don't regret my insurance choice, but I've become so used to the idea of going to my firm and so happy about it that my insurance, even though I like it, kinda sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milutin767)
    Hey, yeah my friend got in I think her offer was ABB for Biochem but she got CCD and the D was in Chemistry lol so I really don't know, you stand good chances for QMUL! What is the course you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow so they really accepted her with a d in chem this was last year right?
    Neuroscience i need abb but feel i got a d for chem 😭

ReputationRep:
    About 3 days ago, my firm sent me an email about accommodation plans and I'm wondering if that's a good sign of me getting in considering they already have my grades and surely wouldn't need to send anything to me if they rejected me. I guess it wouldn't hurt to be optimistic (and then get crushed after )

What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milutin767)
    Hey, yeah my friend got in I think her offer was ABB for Biochem but she got CCD and the D was in Chemistry lol so I really don't know, you stand good chances for QMUL! What is the course you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surely that's a troll. 5 grades down and missing in a key subject... Unless her entire family died in a car crash just before exams I can't imagine mitigating circumstances that servere

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who did AS's in these subjects? If so predicted grade boundaries anyone?

Edexcel Maths(C1,C2,S1)
    C1 - A - 60
    C2 - A - 63
    S1 - 58
    OCR A Physics (Breadth/Depth)
    Breadth - A - 50
    Depth - A - 55
    AQA Computer Science
    Paper 1 - Not sure
    Paper 2 Not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    About 3 days ago, my firm sent me an email about accommodation plans and I'm wondering if that's a good sign of me getting in considering they already have my grades and surely wouldn't need to send anything to me if they rejected me. I guess it wouldn't hurt to be optimistic (and then get crushed after )

What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3 days ago??? So Thursday? If so they didn't have your grades then and it means nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)

What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    These are usually generic emails sent to everyone holding an offer at the university at this point, yes the universities have your grades but there will be a lot of people who are close to the grades required but just missed out and they need to decide whether to accept them or not.

I got tonnes of generic emails like this during this time, and everyone got them, even one person I know who got rejected. It could be a good sign but try not to get your hopes up to much about it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when the grade boundaries come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    These are usually generic emails sent to everyone holding an offer at the university at this point, yes the universities have your grades but there will be a lot of people who are close to the grades required but just missed out and they need to decide whether to accept them or not.

I got tonnes of generic emails like this during this time, and everyone got them, even one person I know who got rejected. It could be a good sign but try not to get your hopes up to much about it.
    That sounds about right tbh
    I'm just clinging onto any shed of hope right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My college let me choose my own predicted grades. I don't know why lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george1999)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wednesday, AQA- 8am Edexcel and OCR anytime on the 17th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george1999)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edexcel- midnight on the 17th (16/17th night) or so it often is but there's no set time
    Aqa- 8am on the 17th
    Ocr- sometime on the 17th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsinnit)
    Anybody waiting for results for History, Politics or Classics?
    I am a fellow history, it's the only subject that I'm confident I have an A in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsinnit)
    Anybody waiting for results for History, Politics or Classics?
    I'm waiting for History, Politics and Eng lit.

Need BBB; predicting BBC/ABC/BCC. pls be lenient Southampton D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyit'sme)
    Hey guys it's me , basically i know you guys are doing A levels, i'm doing GCSE and getting mine on the 25th. I wanted to ask for your opinion on how you guys will feel if this was GCSE results day - what would your thoughts be compared to getting your A level results. I heard there's somewhat of a jump from the two and would appreciate any replies that i get. thnx.
    who the fůck cares about gcses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    it will vary between universities and courses.

The first phone call will likely be about grades. In some cases that will be all that matters. In others then they'll pass people with the right grades on for consideration (after the phone call) and so they might ring back to have a chat about your interests in the subject. Often that's as much about selling the course and the university to you as it is to check you're suitability.

It's a good idea to do some research while ringing/before hand about the modules and course structure (and facilities) at different universities. That will help demonstrate that you know what you're applying for and have done your homework about it.
    Thanks for your reply. Btw since clearing opens at 8am on result's day does that mean some students would have a greater advantage of receiving an offer if they receive their results early or on the morning of results day. The reason I ask is because I have to travel quite far to get my results.

ReputationRep:
    My course at my firm has just come out of clearing 😢😢 this isn't making me feel good at all :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is this possible that on 18th august our firm or insurance(incase firm rejected) still shows conditional? what to do if it shows like this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HassanAftab)
    Is this possible that on 18th august our firm or insurance(incase firm rejected) still shows conditional? what to do if it shows like this??
    yes. there's nothing you can really do other than wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Thanks for your reply. Btw since clearing opens at 8am on result's day does that mean some students would have a greater advantage of receiving an offer if they receive their results early or on the morning of results day. The reason I ask is because I have to travel quite far to get my results.
    There's no real advantage to getting in early. Some universities will review criteria for making offers at about 3-4pm on results if they've been overwhelmed.
    (Original post by HassanAftab)
    You get your results and ring your firm. See the flowchart in my sig.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.