The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Madden or NCAA this year? I'm leaning towards Madden as it has the new engine that NCAA won't get till next year.
Original post by Tokyoround
Madden or NCAA this year? I'm leaning towards Madden as it has the new engine that NCAA won't get till next year.

Even if I had a ps3 I would get Madden still. The new engine and the ability to play as your favourite team/players still wins it for me.
Ahh feck. Arrived too late to join your fantasy league ahh well. Anyone else ridiculously excited for the season to start? The offseason has dragged on so much
Original post by The Patriot
Even if I had a ps3 I would get Madden still. The new engine and the ability to play as your favourite team/players still wins it for me.

I second this.
Has anyone pre-ordered Madden and got it early?
Sup people, need some advice here. Went to my year 13 meeting today and they told me to aim at a BBB/BBC uni. Football is a priority for me as well as location/nightlife. What universities could I get into (300 points or less) that has a decent/good football team and decentish nightlife.
At the moment I have chosen:
1)Hertfordshire - 300 UMS Points needed for Business. National Champions. Average nightlife but near London.
2)Plymouth - 260 UMS for Business. Decent team. Decent nightlife according to TSR.
3)Soton Solent - 240 points min. for Business. Average team, good nightlife, banter with proper Southampton.
Need a few more uni suggestions please (no teams that run DW btw).
Cheers
Maybe NTU or Derby would be the same sort of standard. Coventry would too and will have good coaching and some good players but probably a terrible team overall.
Original post by The Troll Toll
Maybe NTU or Derby would be the same sort of standard. Coventry would too and will have good coaching and some good players but probably a terrible team overall.

Could go NTU but I'm trying to get away from Midlands. Could go Derby as I know Brammer their QB (I play for Jets juniors). I'm from Coventry so couldn't go there even though I know all the coaches. My dad is becoming their D co-ordinator this year.
Original post by nevergohalfpace
Could go NTU but I'm trying to get away from Midlands. Could go Derby as I know Brammer their QB (I play for Jets juniors). I'm from Coventry so couldn't go there even though I know all the coaches. My dad is becoming their D co-ordinator this year.

I remember playing against him a year or so ago. I almost intercepted him! But alas, butterfingers :frown:
I remember playing against him a year or so ago. I almost intercepted him! But alas, butterfingers :frown:

who you play for? junior or uni ball?
who you play for? junior or uni ball?

Used to play junior for bham bulls but quit over a year ago. too skinny, and lived too far away. moving to birmigham now but the weight issues remain so there's no point playing uni ball.
Used to play junior for bham bulls but quit over a year ago. too skinny, and lived too far away. moving to birmigham now but the weight issues remain so there's no point playing uni ball.

I'm skinny as hell aswell. 5'11, 135 pounds but still manage to play alright .I do have semi decent speed though. Gonna get killed at uni ball but gonna hit gym this year
Madden 13 has arrived! I plan to play it for the next six hours straight!
Preseason Result from last night.

Packers 24 - 3 Chiefs.

Bit worrying again from our first choice Offense. Rodgers didn't have much success, Harrell our backup QB answered some critics with 2 TD passes. Finishing pre-season with 2 wins after 2 early defeats isn't bad I suppose, but with a tough first game vs the 49ers, confidence isn't exactly sky high.
Hey should I get Madden 13 from shops or online. Do you think HMV/Game will have it in stock. Went there in Feb and neither had any Maddens :s-smilie:
Hey should I get Madden 13 from shops or online. Do you think HMV/Game will have it in stock. Went there in Feb and neither had any Maddens :s-smilie:

Get in online from Amazon or something. £39.50 for the game and First Class delivery.

Still playing it!!
Original post by mobius323
Get in online from Amazon or something. £39.50 for the game and First Class delivery.

Still playing it!!

Chicago are fuming. Orange pants on their away jersey. :O
Original post by DomBres
Chicago are fuming. Orange pants on their away jersey. :O

Funny you should say that. Currently playing against the Bears as the Colts. Thought I was being spied on for a bit!
Original post by mobius323
Funny you should say that. Currently playing against the Bears as the Colts. Thought I was being spied on for a bit!

Ha - bit of a rookie error to say the least from EA.

The Bears have always as long as I've known had navy away pants.
Original post by DomBres
Ha - bit of a rookie error to say the least from EA.

The Bears have always as long as I've known had navy away pants.

There have been a lot of complaints about the game. They took out co-op franchise mode, no fantasy draft... It seems silly to be removing features. They even removed contract negotiation with rookies. Thought it would be a good thing to have, considering the new rookie salary cap.

Latest