Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    ..BTW, you're a mature student, right? How are you finding it all from that point of view?..
    I am, yes. Maybe that's why I was such a curmudgeon about the Fair

Good week, thanks. Am particularly enjoying the :holmes: activity as I gradually unmask TSR members to reveal their true identity

My fellow freshers are a great bunch and seem to instinctively know which activities an old fart might want to be involved in (pub) and which ones he may not be so keen on (dressing up as a Rubik's Cube).

Hope it's everything that you were expecting too, only more so
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoshin)
    I am, yes. Maybe that's why I was such a curmudgeon about the Fair

Good week, thanks. Am particularly enjoying the :holmes: activity as I gradually unmask TSR members to reveal their true identity

My fellow freshers are a great bunch and seem to instinctively know which activities an old fart might want to be involved in (pub) and which ones he may not be so keen on (dressing up as a Rubik's Cube).

Hope it's everything that you were expecting too, only more so
    Yeah, it's been pretty good for me, thanks. Have you unmasked many TSR people, then?

ReputationRep:
    ..Have you unmasked many TSR people, then?
    No, just a couple at my own college; TSR hasn't really been that popular at Mansfield all along.

ReputationRep:
    Dress code for an event is "blazer and tie" - I have only casual or suit, not that kind of in between thing!

ReputationRep:
    and yet the wine and cheese sound appealing, right?

ReputationRep:
    Sooo, tonight it's time for 'my big fat gypsy bop'...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thurin)
    Dress code for an event is "blazer and tie" - I have only casual or suit, not that kind of in between thing!
    Suit jacket, shirt, tie with normal (ie non-suit) trousers?

ReputationRep:
    Currently doing a maths problem sheet while dressed as a cowboy. I think I'm going to enjoy Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Suit jacket, shirt, tie with normal (ie non-suit) trousers?
    Tried it, couldn't make it work (with shoes as well), but a suit would've done.
    Turns out its battled on the door, best not, got my mini-statement through tonight
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Tragically, after a long summer, it appears that Mondays are about to become once again very significant.

Conversely, at least the weekends might be a bit special again!

ReputationRep:
    :hifro::littleangel::ninjagirl::woohoo:
    black velvet ribbon bow tomorrow with flappy gown thingy

ReputationRep:
    English breakfast with wine in subfusc with gowns and caps this morning. Today is so great.

ReputationRep:
    Ahem: am now a matriculated official student
    My brother " Oh have you enrolled then, finally?":rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My Facebook doesn't seem to like change; it's been giving me the same three notifications since yesterday and refuses to acknowledge my new besubfusced profile picture. It's grudgingly allowed my status in Latin though ("Daniel scit in Matriculam Universitatis hodie relatum esse, et ad observandum omnia Statuta Universitatis Oxoniensis, quantum ad se spectent, teneri."). :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday was the best day so far. So good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Yesterday was the best day so far. So good.
    Yes it was. After matriculation the Trinitarians went for a pub lunch and then spent the day lazing on the back lawns, listening to music and drinking.... a beautiful respite..... (The weather was pleasant too!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuiop1993)
    Yes it was. After matriculation the Trinitarians went for a pub lunch and then spent the day lazing on the back lawns, listening to music and drinking.... a beautiful respite..... (The weather was pleasant too!)
    So refined. Queen's dressed up as school children and went on a pub crawl xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuiop1993)
    Nice, we went down to christ church meadow and started drinking on the lawn there. Then when we were quite drunk we ended up going into christ church and dicking around
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Nice, we went down to christ church meadow and started drinking on the lawn there. Then when we were quite drunk we ended up going into christ church and dicking around
    Been doing that excessively over the 2 weeks. I have an absolute disdain for that place ever since I was asked to show my bod card to enter (uncannily similar to a bouncer at a club)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nag o ma Scylla)
    Not all of us ... I did my laundry :ninja:

(and it was so complicated I'm glad I scheduled the whole afternoon for it)
    I've just realised I know who you are!
    I've got to do some washing now... why is it SO expensive? I'm totally giving up on the idea of doing a seperate whites wash, it'll bankrupt me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.