Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    Mandzukic

Ben Haim or Hill
    As in clint hill from QPR? If so, him all day and every week.
    Ben haim is pants.

Sorenson or pantilimon?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2244037

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkysarmy)

Sorenson or pantilimon?
    Pantilimon.

Lavezzi or Hazard?

ReputationRep:
    Hazard.

Ramires or Essien?

As a DM, definitely Essien in his prime. Currently? Ramires would probably edge it.

Hamsik or Holtby?

ReputationRep:
    Hamsik by miles- although Holtby is a quality player as well.

Thiago or Wilshere?

ReputationRep:
    Thiago.

Messi or Ronaldo :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    a bit sick of this question... messi

ferdinand or kompany?

ReputationRep:
    ferdinand overall but kompany currently

emenike or doumbia

ReputationRep:
    Emenikeehh!

Howard or Reina?

ReputationRep:
    Howard

Rodwell or Sandro

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    sandro

holtby or dempsey

ReputationRep:
    Holtby

Kaka (in peak) or Ronaldinho (in peak)?

ReputationRep:
    Kaka

Özil or Schweinsteiger

ReputationRep:
    different players really but Schweinsteiger for me

Niall Quinn or Peter Crouch?

ReputationRep:
    Crouch. But I haven't watched niall quinn.
    Manager one now.
    Brian clough or rafa benitez? (looking at their whole career history, yes I just researched on clough today and he was an interesting person)

ReputationRep:
    surely joking? clough is one of the best managers to have graced the sport. Rafa, for all he did at valencia and liverpool has been a total failure since 2009, he cant be mentioned in the same breath as clough.

Lloris or Cech?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxbradkennedyxx)
    surely joking? clough is one of the best managers to have graced the sport. Rafa, for all he did at valencia and liverpool has been a total failure since 2009, he cant be mentioned in the same breath as clough.

Lloris or Cech?
    Lloris but close. Cech hasn't followed up on last seasons cup run performance but lloris has been good all season.

It's an interesting thing with clough. He is one of the best ever managers however he did also run the team down into relegation at the end of his reign(partially due to his ill health and alcoholism problems). That's why I compared him to rafa(who sort of made a great liverpool team and ****ed it up in 2010), wengers probably another person to compare him too looking at their stagnation I'd say clough too as his achievements in the early part of his reign are unprecedented. A european cup back to back and winning the first division the first season you got into it is actually ridiculous.

Wenger or heynckes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lloris but close. Cech hasn't followed up on last seasons cup run performance but lloris has been good all season.

It's an interesting thing with clough. He is one of the best ever managers however he did also run the team down into relegation at the end of his reign(partially due to his ill health and alcoholism problems). That's why I compared him to rafa(who sort of made a great liverpool team and ****ed it up in 2010), wengers probably another person to compare him too looking at their stagnation I'd say clough too as his achievements in the early part of his reign are unprecedented. A european cup back to back and winning the first division the first season you got into it is actually ridiculous.

Wenger or heynckes?
    Come on man, obviously Wenger

Wenger would absolutely cream the Bundesliga too if he inherited players like Schweinsteiger, Ribery and Lahm and with £30m to spend on players like Martinez. I'm obviously terribly bias but Wenger is a genius imo and if it wasn't for his principles he'd have won even more over his career. Its all been said before his track record in developing players and building teams is even more impressive given his paltry budget.

Bobby Robson or Dalgish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Come on man, obviously Wenger

Wenger would absolutely cream the Bundesliga too if he inherited players like Schweinsteiger, Ribery and Lahm and with £30m to spend on players like Martinez. I'm obviously terribly bias but Wenger is a genius imo and if it wasn't for his principles he'd have won even more over his career. Its all been said before his track record in developing players and building teams is even more impressive given his paltry budget.

Bobby Robson or Dalgish?
    Tbf yeah. Heynckes hasn't won a trophy since the champions league in 98 and he's been at good teams too. Wenger obviously has his ideals and it's hindered his progress. He's basically been emulating the porto model the past 4-5 years to fund the emirates.

Bobby robson without the shadow of a doubt, very unconvinced with dalglish. Last season was a disaster, at blackburn he basically had the most money under jack walker and at liverpool he had the best team by far due to the efforts of the likes of shankly and bob paisley. He was inherited a squad. Dalglish is no better a manager than roberto mancini.

I'm biased though since he did tutor 2 of my favourite managers but his work on the field, he was similar to arsene wenger at ipswich wrt youth players and did well for england and newcastle. Had he'd managed better teams for a longer time he'd have done so much better.

AVB or diego simeone?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.