Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh my favourite episode of the inbetweeners is on the telly - the one where they all go clubbing in London and Simon has to swap shoes to get in the nightclub haha

ReputationRep:
    Punting was lots of fun. Need to pack tomorrow though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrozenCharlotte)
    Your random comment seemed so forlorn..so here's my contribution:

I just moved to the UK, bought a week's bus ticket, lost it, cursed the heavens, bought another, thought it would be a good idea to store it in my new purse's back pocket where...in all my brilliance, found the old ticket. All that after handing the driver a 50pound note for the new ticket and apparently becoming the spawn of satan and the cause for his "ge'in a rollicking for tha" -then getting told he loved my "Canadian or US" accent -I come from South America- and being hit on for that :confused:

If the embarassment won't subisde, at least you'll be comforted by knowing that us scatter-brains are everywhere :rolleyes:
    Haha, good to know! I've done the bus ticket thing before too, but thankfully only with a daily ticket, not a weekly.

Another travel-related burst of idiocy I'm prone to is buying a return train ticket to somewhere, making the outbound journey, using the RETURN ticket to exit the station (because the gates will let you do that and I'm careless), binning the ticket without checking it was actually the right one, and then arriving back at the station later to go home and finding I only have the outbound ticket in my purse, meaning I have to buy a whole new ticket.

ReputationRep:
    I just spent the evening hanging out and drinking with two incredibly gay but awesome guys One's a hairdresser, the other is a flight attendant XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I just spent the evening hanging out and drinking with two incredibly gay but awesome guys One's a hairdresser, the other is a flight attendant XD
    That is so stereotypical. On the other hand, why are the flight attendants either very gay or super handsome but most probably straight. That said, I certainly didn't mind the Australian flight attendant who constantly brushed past me during my last international flight though. Oh and when he had to help some other passengers put their luggages in the overhead compartment above my seat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terpsikhore)
    Rubbed my eyes with a clean tissue that was lying on my windowsill. Realised too late it was actually a dried-out Flash wipe. PAIN.
    LOOL! I'm so terribly sorry for laughing at your pain, but :rofl: :hugs: I hope it wasn't too painful. You're not alone however countless times I've done something randomly stupid which has either lead to pain, regret or humiliation. (or all three...) :laugh:

(Original post by cpdavis)
    x
    Bit late :nooo: But CONGRATS! That's really awesome! :awesome: So Jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Puppet Master)
    You're not alone however countless times I've done something randomly stupid which has either lead to pain, regret or humiliation. (or all three...) :laugh:
    Do tell! It's only fair after we've minutely exposed our own thickness to the eyes of this world u_u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrozenCharlotte)
    Do tell! It's only fair after we've minutely exposed our own thickness to the eyes of this world u_u
    Don't try to open a cardboard box by stabbing it with a hair-popping sharp knife:

ReputationRep:
    Congrats again Craig!!!! Had a fab night out, although the queue was mad at Funky Buddha I ended up in Punk Soho with loads of other people. Met some really nice people and had some very drunk conversations with two girls from my area. Revolved around sex most of the time LOOOOOOOOOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gews)
    Don't try to open a cardboard box by stabbing it with a hair-popping sharp knife:

Omg hahaha I think we have a winner. In my case only my pocket got hurt (and my dignity, too ) and in Terpsikhore's case..the physical pain was more passing.

I hereby acknolwedge my defeat. Well played, sir. Well played
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by anshul95)
    Congrats again Craig!!!! Had a fab night out, although the queue was mad at Funky Buddha I ended up in Punk Soho with loads of other people. Met some really nice people and had some very drunk conversations with two girls from my area. Revolved around sex most of the time LOOOOOOOOOL
    You did sex talk ... with a woman! :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Packing.

ReputationRep:
    Results day. I got a 2.1 :woo:

I was expecting a third at best, so I'm VERY VERY HAPPY :crazy:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mmmpie)

Congratulations :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:

Woo, congrats! Send some luck my way for two weeks' time please. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Woo, congrats! Send some luck my way for two weeks' time please. :p:
    You can have all the luck

ReputationRep:
    Am going to Wimbledon next Monday, Centre Court! I is like well-excited yo :grin:

Congratulations :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I want some luck too, telephone interview tomorrow :teeth:

Also, are we still doing a Pride meet next weekend? My other half has informed me that he is about 90% certain not to get the weekend itself off, so I'm free to come :teeth: (he moaned that London was too expensive when I suggested it to him)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    I want some luck too, telephone interview tomorrow :teeth:

Also, are we still doing a Pride meet next weekend? My other half has informed me that he is about 90% certain not to get the weekend itself off, so I'm free to come :teeth: (he moaned that London was too expensive when I suggested it to him)
    I didn't know we were doing a pride meet to begin with. I have plans for Pride anyway, but I'm sure something could be done...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.