Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    :wavey: hello what results you expecting

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA English lit, English lang, biology, chem, physics, business, geog, edexcel maths, French, ocr pe, re and ict hopefully doing chem bio maths and geog next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv_97)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA English lit, English lang, biology, chem, physics, business, geog, edexcel maths, French, ocr pe, re and ict hopefully doing chem bio maths and geog next year
    AQA sciences :five: what grades you expecting for them ? and your maths

ReputationRep:
    AQA sciences :five: what grades you expecting for them ? and your maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    predicted all a*s but who knows with aqa's marking and grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like the OCR structure to GCSE science :lol: I do AQA
    Ikr. The OCR structure is weird and lol i do aqa too. Im really enrvous about Biology tho D;

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    But AQA's grade boundaries for science have been alright so far. Hopefully they will continue to be low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    Wow, it's actually the first time I've heard of someone doing OCR MATHS!! How is it like?? And English Lang/Lit and Spanish are both AQA, Photo - Edexcel, Math - Ed too, Triple Sci - OCR, History - Ed, RS - Ed. Are these your full course grades or just unit ones?
    They are full course grades and im only in year 10 ! OCR maths was a pain !! I had 5 maths exams in July ... For maths we have 3 units and that makes up the overall grade and I was sitting the last one which was Unit C but OCR also offer pilot exams which are called applications of maths and methods of maths ( theres 2 papers for both of them) and these basically give people a chance to get a higher grade however we were advised not to focus on them as since they are pilot exams, OCR could get rid of them. I know that I have at least got an A in maths so I'm happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkgorilla)
    Ikr. The OCR structure is weird and lol i do aqa too. Im really enrvous about Biology tho D;
    I like the OCR structure , Its not as weird as everyone thinks it is.

ReputationRep:
    But AQA's grade boundaries for science have been alright so far. Hopefully they will continue to be low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah their marking just seems a bit strange sometimes but yes fingers crossed for low boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah they do tend be harsh in science AQA and the grade boundaries have been alover recently ..but im expecting low ones this time being the first ever unit 3s

very weird :lol: ... I'm not I need 76 UMS for an A* or 36 UMS for an A :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanisha97)
    They are full course grades and im only in year 10 ! OCR maths was a pain !! I had 5 maths exams in July ... For maths we have 3 units and that makes up the overall grade and I was sitting the last one which was Unit C but OCR also offer pilot exams which are called applications of maths and methods of maths ( theres 2 papers for both of them) and these basically give people a chance to get a higher grade however we were advised not to focus on them as since they are pilot exams, OCR could get rid of them. I know that I have at least got an A in maths so I'm happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OH yeah I keep forgetting, they're doing Linear now! And 5 exams?? That's bloody mental! And wow OCR is complicated And aw that's what I hope to get too! Well done! Hope you've done well for the rest of your exms Good luck! Only 5 days to go! Wow, for some reason it seems far away . . .

ReputationRep:
    yeah they do tend be harsh in science AQA and the grade boundaries have been alover recently ..but im expecting low ones this time being the first ever unit 3s
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes hopefully they'll be kind! What subjects are you doing for AS?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, looks like im not the only nervous one :grin: and to those of you who are expecting aqa triple science results, how did you guys do in the unit 3 exams?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes hopefully they'll be kind! What subjects are you doing for AS?
    Maths Biology Chemistry and Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zerock)
    Hi guys, looks like im not the only nervous one :grin: and to those of you who are expecting aqa triple science results, how did you guys do in the unit 3 exams?
    Chemistry went well, physics was better than i expected and biology was horrendous!! What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zerock)
    I thought they were really good actually but being the first unit 3 i'm expecting lower grade boundaries than expected

ReputationRep:
    Maths Biology Chemistry and Physics
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh same except I'm doing geography instead of physics! Hopeful medic by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    OH yeah I keep forgetting, they're doing Linear now! And 5 exams?? That's bloody mental! And wow OCR is complicated And aw that's what I hope to get too! Well done! Hope you've done well for the rest of your exms Good luck! Only 5 days to go! Wow, for some reason it seems far away . . .
    Haha thank you good luck for yours too! I also agree that it seems far away and I have a really busy week too, I'm gong to London and then to the Harry potter studio in Watford !! I'm so excited

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one whose waiting for most of their results for CCEA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Chemistry went well, physics was better than i expected and biology was horrendous!! What about yourself?
    so many people found bio hard but it went well for me and so did phy, chem was harder than i expected though. I really hope the grade boundaries are similar to how they were for unit 1 and 2 last summer, did great in those.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh same except I'm doing geography instead of physics! Hopeful medic by any chance?
    Yep :lol: what exam boards will you ben on do you know ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.