Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Going to melt at this rate! Room is boiling but i'm too scared to ever open the window at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you on the ground floor by any chance? I have been in the past and i know that i was never comfortable having it open :hugs:

Perhaps have your bedroom door open and get a fan if you don't already? Personally i would have melted without mine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    Family stuff is a bit ****ed. I've posted about this before and had no replies so I'll put out an overt plea: does anyone have experience of coping with someone with a drug addiction that makes them behave v erratically and at times scarily? Am just **** scared a lot of the time and I don't know how not to be when he is totally not in control of himself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't have experience of that but just wanted to give you some hugs:

:hugs: :jumphug: :lovehug:

:console:

ReputationRep:
    Family stuff is a bit ****ed. I've posted about this before and had no replies so I'll put out an overt plea: does anyone have experience of coping with someone with a drug addiction that makes them behave v erratically and at times scarily? Am just **** scared a lot of the time and I don't know how not to be when he is totally not in control of himself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, no
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Are you on the ground floor by any chance? I have been in the past and i know that i was never comfortable having it open :hugs:

Perhaps have your bedroom door open and get a fan if you don't already? Personally i would have melted without mine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, second (top) floor but my room is right above the kitchen so gets really hot. I'm too scared to have doors or windows open when i'm in bed, I can't sleep if I do. I'm going to ask my dad if I can use the air con for a bit before bed to cool down my room. Means i'll have to tidy my room (a lot) though so I can get it in :rolleyes: if not i'll bring in a fan like you suggested

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All you can do is try and stay out of his way.
    Which I know is probably hard, but that's what I used to do when both my brother and sister lived at home and both used drugs.
    My sister used to really scare me sometimes, so I would just try my hardest to stay out of her way. I know that it's not really helpful advice as its probably what you already do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    I am, i keep waking him up
    Weve moved to the living room as his rooms literally like an oven, so hopefully ill get some sleep soon

Everything will work out hun, it might be ****ing scary but noone wants to see you hurting or ill :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tis so scary! I dunno whats happening right now.. no one is telling me anything! I just don't like this at all. I really want to just walk out the door and not look back.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -FireFlies-)
    Tis so scary! I dunno whats happening right now.. no one is telling me anything! I just don't like this at all. I really want to just walk out the door and not look back.....
    You had an answer yet Hun?

You need to ask what's happening, you can be in the dark about this!!

That ont help Hun, and deep down you know that
    :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You had an answer yet Hun?

You need to ask what's happening, you can be in the dark about this!!

That ont help Hun, and deep down you know that
    :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No :cry2: Was seen by another doctor yesterday.. dragging up everything :/

They won't tell me anything.. just that they'll tell me once the process is done with ..... I hate it.

Maybe it will..... here, just to say.... thanks, for everything you've done for me .. You've always been there when I've needed someone to rant to or talk to.. so thanks for that. And sorry for dumping all my rubbish on you! :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I don't have experience of that but just wanted to give you some hugs:

:hugs: :jumphug: :lovehug:

:console:
    Thanks hun. :hugs:

(Original post by danny111)
    Sorry, no
    dw, thanks for replying though. Hope you're doing ok.

All you can do is try and stay out of his way.
    Which I know is probably hard, but that's what I used to do when both my brother and sister lived at home and both used drugs.
    My sister used to really scare me sometimes, so I would just try my hardest to stay out of her way. I know that it's not really helpful advice as its probably what you already do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks hun. Sorry you had to deal with it as well. :hugs: my brother can get quite violent and although he doesn't hit me directly, throwing things around can end up hurting people. And he does other dangerous things like yesterday was throwing things in the car and trying to open the car door when we were driving on the motorway in the dark in a foreign country. Feels like somebody's going to get hurt whenever he needs a fix and can't get one. When he'd had one he was all lovely and calm again but at any given point I don't know whether he is high or withdrawing or somewhere in the middle so don't know if it's safe to talk or move or anything. It's hard to stay physically away as we're on holiday but I'm trying to keep emotionally withdrawn because tbh that's the bit that hurts the most.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks hun. :hugs:

dw, thanks for replying though. Hope you're doing ok.

Thanks hun. Sorry you had to deal with it as well. :hugs: my brother can get quite violent and although he doesn't hit me directly, throwing things around can end up hurting people. And he does other dangerous things like yesterday was throwing things in the car and trying to open the car door when we were driving on the motorway in the dark in a foreign country. Feels like somebody's going to get hurt whenever he needs a fix and can't get one. When he'd had one he was all lovely and calm again but at any given point I don't know whether he is high or withdrawing or somewhere in the middle so don't know if it's safe to talk or move or anything. It's hard to stay physically away as we're on holiday but I'm trying to keep emotionally withdrawn because tbh that's the bit that hurts the most.
    My sister was abusive in the fact that it was mentally abusive and stole things to sell on to get money, and would show me bailiff letters so i would bail her out so she now owes me £700 about. But what hes doing is either going to hurt him or someone else. So being emotionally distant is best atm until your back home. Also i read you dont have a lock on your bedroom and feel unsafe, could you not ask if you can get a cheap one put on? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -FireFlies-)
    No :cry2: Was seen by another doctor yesterday.. dragging up everything :/

They won't tell me anything.. just that they'll tell me once the process is done with ..... I hate it.

Maybe it will..... here, just to say.... thanks, for everything you've done for me .. You've always been there when I've needed someone to rant to or talk to.. so thanks for that. And sorry for dumping all my rubbish on you! :penguinhug:
    Hopefully you'll find out soon. And remember if it does happen then there there to help you :hugs:

You don't need to thank me Hun, just want you to be ok :penguinhugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1/8 of the way through my dissertation. :dance:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :awesome: :banana: :woo:

Repped :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Got let down by a friend today and what's worse is that I've seen on fb she's got together another friend instead so it's not like she's unwell or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadpanda123)
    Got let down by a friend today and what's worse is that I've seen on fb she's got together another friend instead so it's not like she's unwell or anything.
    That sucks to hear, very sorry for you. I once did that to a friend and went to see my then girlfriend instead and he told me about it and I realized that isn't on and haven't done it since. At the time I didn't even realize that that can hurt, but I do now, so I feel you. Maybe talk to your friend how that made you feel?

Other than that, I can only offer an e-hug :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    That sucks to hear, very sorry for you. I once did that to a friend and went to see my then girlfriend instead and he told me about it and I realized that isn't on and haven't done it since. At the time I didn't even realize that that can hurt, but I do now, so I feel you. Maybe talk to your friend how that made you feel?

Other than that, I can only offer an e-hug :hugs:
    Thanks. It hurts more because she's one of the few I have told about how I'm feeling and she said just to get in contact if I need her etc. (This was only recent and I haven't brought it up again so surely I can't have overwhelmed her already :confused:) One of the things I've discussed in CBT is that I don't tell people how bad I feel for fear they'll push me away and that's exactly what's happened, twice recently. Or it seems that way

ReputationRep:
    Really cant cope with feeling like this anymore

Literally want to run and hide but i know i cant :cry2: don't know what else to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :woo: pretty awesome!

I've got to write the intro & conclusion, finish the lit review, and tidy the bibliography and I'm done

ReputationRep:
    Now im definitely not gonna sleep. My mates going to pick up my uni work tomorrow gonna have failed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :awesome: :banana: :woo:

Repped :pierre:
    Thank you. :pierre:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    :woo: pretty awesome!

I've got to write the intro & conclusion, finish the lit review, and tidy the bibliography and I'm done
    Send it me for a read, would like to help.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.