Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Well that's what I originally thought that it was a typo but in the PDF they attached to the email it refers to PGDE throughout. I might email and double check, especially cos it says PGCE on ucas.. But I've just checked their website and it says 'PGCE Early Years (3 – 7 years) PgDip'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pgde is now used in England in much the same way as it is in Scotland. I know that Sheffield uni offer secondary Pgde in place of pgce, a course which actually offers more masters credits.

The course you applied for may have been changed by the uni, perhaps email them to clarify?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else have these interview dates for PGCE Primary:
    Birmingham City University (8th Jan)
    University College Birmingham (UCB, 14th Jan) or
    Newman University (15th Jan)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Well that's what I originally thought that it was a typo but in the PDF they attached to the email it refers to PGDE throughout. I might email and double check, especially cos it says PGCE on ucas.. But I've just checked their website and it says 'PGCE Early Years (3 – 7 years) PgDip'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Hmmm... are you sure it's not a typo? I know that sounds silly but it doesn't make much sense otherwise. Like boggleman said, in England PGDEs are for post-16 teaching.

The only reason PGCEs are called PGDEs in Scotland is because they decided to change the name as 'diploma' matched up more with the level of qualification that a PGCE gives you.

Postgraduate Diploma in Education is the one in England, which is for post-16.
    Professional Graduate Diploma in Education is the Scottish one which is their equivalent of a PGCE.

So the idea of a PGDE in England in Early Years doesn't make sense. Come to think of it I'm not even sure you can do one of the Scottish ones in Early Years either - I'm not sure they count that as an acceptable focus up there.

xxx
    Yeah, as LaurieLee said, PGDEs are popping up in England too. I have looked into the difference before, and I think the main difference is that one gives you more credits towards a masters than another.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are the current educational issues?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Fabay)
    What are the current educational issues?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Read the education sections in the Times and Guardian, they'll have plenty of articles to choose from. And there are hundreds of current educational issues - I prepared for academies and pupils without English as a first language.

ReputationRep:
    Hi friends.. M really worried. I have submitted my application but have heard only from Bcu thathe they are looking at my application. Nothing from the other two choices. Does that mean either they are closed or not gonna consider my application?? My skill tests are due next week. Worrying a lot,can't concentrate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siffatsaad)
    Hi friends.. M really worried. I have submitted my application but have heard only from Bcu thathe they are looking at my application. Nothing from the other two choices. Does that mean either they are closed or not gonna consider my application?? My skill tests are due next week. Worrying a lot,can't concentrate
    Hi. Someone might want to back me up on this but I'm pretty sure that if the course closes you are notified of that so that you can make another choice, so I don't think they will have closed. Neither does not hearing mean they aren't considering your application. I didn't have a confirmation from any of mine yet got three interviews. When did you apply? Some places may take a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyCooke)
    Does anyone else have these interview dates for PGCE Primary:
    Birmingham City University (8th Jan)
    University College Birmingham (UCB, 14th Jan) or
    Newman University (15th Jan)?
    I have an interview with BCU on the 8th!

How are you preparing for the test?! My friend who is currently on their course said that she didnt revise much, as she had no clue what to revise!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone - does anyone have an interview for Bradford College on Tuesday for PGCE primary? Now it's getting closer I'm getting really nervous as this is my first choice uni! Argh! I've revised a lot on the new curriculum and a bit on EAL pupils and academies too. I was wondering what your opinions were on the presentation on an object. They ask you to show how you would use the object to facilitate learning, I've written my presentation as if I am addressing pupils directly, rather than the interviewers - do you think this is wrong?
    I've also got a leeds interview on Thurs! Exciting week ahead! Good luck to those of you with interviews and congrats to those already with offers!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had their interview at the University of Birmingham? Preferably for their Primary programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    I've got an interview at uni of Leeds on Thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by georgiaclaire_)
    BCU or UoB?

I have an interview for both, BCU on wednesday, and UoB on the 21st of Jan!
    When did you guys send your applications off?

and it's University of Birmingham x

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I've been offered a place on a PGCE course at Leicester uni with the condition that I show them my A-Level certificates within the next 3 weeks. My certificates are on order but are expected to take 4-6 weeks...does any one know whether uni's will extend the date? I'm really stressing! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espeight11)
    Hi,
    So I've been offered a place on a PGCE course at Leicester uni with the condition that I show them my A-Level certificates within the next 3 weeks. My certificates are on order but are expected to take 4-6 weeks...does any one know whether uni's will extend the date? I'm really stressing! x
    I'm sure if you email then explaining they may give you an extension, as not everyone will have copies of their certificates to hand.

Have you been for an interview at Leicester? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    I'm sure if you email then explaining they may give you an extension, as not everyone will have copies of their certificates to hand.

Have you been for an interview at Leicester? xx
    Fingers crossed! Yeh I had my interview there just before Christmas and then have my other two interviews next week. How about you?? x
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by siffatsaad)
    Remember that university admissions departments have been off for the last couple of weeks and only return tomorrow, when they will have a ridiculous backlog to get through. So expect to wait a while longer to hear anything back. Also, only one of my universities sent me an acknowledgement, the other two were silent until I got an interview offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyCooke)
    Yay! I've been trying to revise loads but there is just so much stuff :/
    I'm mainly looking at the Teachers' Standards, stuff in the news like free school meals etc, then preparing answers for questions that are likely to come up in the one-to-one interview. What about you?
    Basically the same thing, i'm also going on the bbc bitesize website to refresh my memory on some questions that may come up on core subjects, all the other subjects its hard to revise for. But i'm hoping they don't expect us to know everything about all subjects, just the core ones! Plus, i'm practising the writing part of the interview as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    When did you guys send your applications off?

and it's University of Birmingham x
    Mid November I heard back from them mid December.

ReputationRep:
    hi, I've passed both my skills tests, but wanted to know if we could actually find out the final score we had. All i can see is PASS

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Anglia Ruskin yet? Got mine tomorrow morning and i'm really nervous

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me find a clear summary of the national curriculum 2014 for primary School, I'm weary eyed from research.
    interviews tomorrow !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.