Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Damn it federer is such a grandpa but a beast, as much as id love stan to beat him, not gna happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    In my opinion, Djokovic isn't playing well enough to warrant odds of 1.9 to win the tournament. Federer and Wawrinka look stronger. Djokovic usually loses in the semis or finals here. Federer also beat him in Cincinnati and Wawrinka beat him at the French. I'm not saying Djokovic won't win, but I think his chance is a fair bit worse than the odds are suggesting.
    Like I've said before Federer has his moments when he plays like a genius and then the next match he just falls away unlike Djokovic and Wawrinka who tend to get better deeper into tournaments that's why in my mind Federer will be the underdog in his match against Wawrinka and if he gets to the final to face Cilic or Djokovic. Don't get me wrong over 3 sets Federer can beat anyone but over 5 he's anything but a safe bet. The closest to a safe bet is Djokovic hence the odds, none of the other 3 have been anywhere near as consistent at the US Open or anywhere else since 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Like I've said before Federer has his moments when he plays like a genius and then the next match he just falls away unlike Djokovic and Wawrinka who tend to get better deeper into tournaments that's why in my mind Federer will be the underdog in his match against Wawrinka and if he gets to the final to face Cilic or Djokovic. Don't get me wrong over 3 sets Federer can beat anyone but over 5 he's anything but a safe bet. The closest to a safe bet is Djokovic hence the odds, none of the other 3 have been anywhere near as consistent at the US Open or anywhere else since 2011
    Now you put it that way, they all have good and bad points. It's probably safe to just not bet then. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I reckon if Stan gets through Federer tomorrow he'll take it all, regardless of who he faces in the final. I think probably the most competitive final we could get would be between Stan and Djokovic. It would be great to see Cilic in the final again though, I've been really happy that he's been able to show last year wasn't a lightning strike and nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    I don't think he falls away, it's just that he can't trash guys like Novak or Stan like he trashes ranks 30-50. He has to struggle so it looks like he's playing worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrno1324)
    I don't think he falls away, it's just that he can't trash guys like Novak or Stan like he trashes ranks 30-50. He has to struggle so it looks like he's playing worse.
    Fed's issue is stamina. Once you take him past 3 hours he dies a death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    I reckon if Stan gets through Federer tomorrow he'll take it all, regardless of who he faces in the final. I think probably the most competitive final we could get would be between Stan and Djokovic. It would be great to see Cilic in the final again though, I've been really happy that he's been able to show last year wasn't a lightning strike and nothing more.
    Like Nishikori, lol.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Backing a Novak-Stan final.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Thought he'd been replaced with Tomic, guess Australia are desperate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well Halep gave up that first set so easily.. lost 6-1 and this semi final could be over so quickly :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Serena loses!!! :eek: Never saw that one coming.

ReputationRep:
    Shows the sad state of the WTA when a player comes within 2 matches of the CYGS while moving like a disabled walrus.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Fed has a 11-0 record against Warwinka on hard courts. Djokovic has a 13-0 record against Cilic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Apparently Fed has a 11-0 record against Warwinka on hard courts. Djokovic has a 13-0 record against Cilic.
    Nadal had a 151-0 record when winning the first 2 sets and look what happened there. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Any link for tonight for my iPad? Federer

ReputationRep:
    Cilic double faults to make it a double break for Djokovic in the first set. 4-0, **** sake.

ReputationRep:
    It gets worse. Djokovic just bagel'd Cilic.

ReputationRep:
    Nole really did pummel Cilic, only lost 3 games. Imagine if he had won the French, he would only be one match away from a CYGS :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Despite the painful thrashing, that scoreline pleases my OCD.

ReputationRep:
    Well. That was an embarassing display from Cilic. I don't care if it's a bad match up, that's just a weak, weak showing.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.