Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What uni, year and degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahad1912)
    Salamu alykum everyone! How's it going? Having posted in this soc in ages. Uni doing my head in haha

What's everyone been up to?

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    Wcs! im good thanks and you? Uni is good, just finding it hard to adjust to the workload lol

You're at qm too right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Aww I apologise that I wasn't there to save the day :mmm:
    Its okayyy
    Hows your gap year going so far? I was so bored the first few months because of the excessive free time lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Its okayyy
    Hows your gap year going so far? I was so bored the first few months because of the excessive free time lol
    Aww I've started an alimah course so that takes up my time

ReputationRep:
    Aww I've started an alimah course so that takes up my time
    Could you explain what this consists of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahad1912)
    What uni, year and degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cass, 1st, Investment & Financial Risk Management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Could you explain what this consists of?
    Learning hadith, tafseer, seerah, arabic, etc. Basically an Islamic course that's 4 year's long..a couple of hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    Learning hadith, tafseer, seerah, arabic, etc. Basically an Islamic course that's 4 year's long..a couple of hours a day.
    Interesting, quite unconventional. How are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, quite unconventional. How are you finding it?
    Ahaha it's good but man it's hard to remember all the rulings and stuff...It's not hard atm but I'm just getting worried thinking how I'm going to remember 4 years worth of knowledge. It's good though Alhamdulillah...need to keep at it inshaaAllah.

ReputationRep:
    Wudiya! Wudiya khaleh!

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha it's good but man it's hard to remember all the rulings and stuff...It's not hard atm but I'm just getting worried thinking how I'm going to remember 4 years worth of knowledge. It's good though Alhamdulillah...need to keep at it inshaaAllah.
    Very cool. What are your plans afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    Very cool. What are your plans afterwards?
    I'm going to start working alongside and then when I've completed my course hopefully start working in an Islamic school of some sort...I don't know actually. Just going to go with the flow...whatever opportunities arise.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start working alongside and then when I've completed my course hopefully start working in an Islamic school of some sort...I don't know actually. Just going to go with the flow...whatever opportunities arise.
    No plans for uni anymore?

Hope it all works out for you, nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    No plans for uni anymore?

Hope it all works out for you, nonetheless.
    No because I can't take the loan...I don't want to put that sin on my head. I may save money up and go in a few years time but Idk.
    JazaakAllahu khair akhi, means a lot..I hope the same for you.

ReputationRep:
    No because I can't take the loan...I don't want to put that sin on my head. I may save money up and go in a few years time but Idk.
    JazaakAllahu khair akhi, means a lot..I hope the same for you.
    Fair play, deen over dunya right. You have commitment.

Do you enjoy what you're doing?

ReputationRep:
    Fair play, deen over dunya right. You have commitment.

Do you enjoy what you're doing?
    I gotta try
    Yes I love it...I'm getting in trouble from family because they all want me to go uni and are saying that people will think I'm not capable of becoming anything if I don't go. It's hard when you're getting no support but Idc (or I try not to) :/

ReputationRep:
    I gotta try
    Yes I love it...I'm getting in trouble from family because they all want me to go uni and are saying that people will think I'm not capable of becoming anything if I don't go. It's hard when you're getting no support but Idc (or I try not to) :/
    Yes, intentions are good. I'd advocate going uni but then that's just in relation to wordly development. I'm sure you'd be rewarded with much greater in both the dunya and akhirah.

I don't have the heart to gamble my worldly future, unfortunately :lol:

you're capable of anything, if you try hard enough. What is your family stance on interest paid on loan?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, intentions are good. I'd advocate going uni but then that's just in relation to wordly development. I'm sure you'd be rewarded with much greater in both the dunya and akhirah.

I don't have the heart to gamble my worldly future, unfortunately :lol:

you're capable of anything, if you try hard enough. What is your family stance on interest paid on loan?
    InshaaAllah

Lol I know but my family are saying that people will think that I'm stupid and couldn't get into uni, when I know that I'm more than capable Alhamdulillah. They don't have a problem with it. When I explained the issue to them they said there was no other way to pay for it and that everyone was taking it so why couldn't I

ReputationRep:
    InshaaAllah

Lol I know but my family are saying that people will think that I'm stupid and couldn't get into uni, when I know that I'm more than capable Alhamdulillah. They don't have a problem with it. When I explained the issue to them they said there was no other way to pay for it and that everyone was taking it so why couldn't I
    Same situation over here

Alhamdulilah though you sound like you've got things planned out (a lot more than me anyway!) Alimah course sounds really good, may Allah put barakah in your studies - ameen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    Same situation over here

Alhamdulilah though you sound like you've got things planned out (a lot more than me anyway!) Alimah course sounds really good, may Allah put barakah in your studies - ameen
    I thought you were at uni?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.