Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honza93)
    Great, thanks a lot for the tip! ;-)

I see on the website that interships are for penultimate-year students... so, not sure tbh. But I plan to apply there for the Spring programme.
    Ah fair enough, I must have misread it then! Best of luck with all your applications

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmwl)
    I think RBC Capital Markets didn't specify what year you had to be in, did you submit an application for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied (I'm a first year) and a recruitment lady told me it's for penultimate year students and asked if I would like to be considered for the Spring Programme (I said no).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    I applied (I'm a first year) and a recruitment lady told me it's for penultimate year students and asked if I would like to be considered for the Spring Programme (I said no).
    Aha, same thing happened to me! It's deceiving though, StudentLadder said it was open for first years .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any point in blackrock or lazard app now? gl to those with hsbc ints, im out of that I guess

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anchor95;52794861]Same here dw[/QUOTE

hey .

after the second stage. how log did it take to get an invite to the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anchor95)
    Same here dw

hey .

after the second stage. how log did it take to get an invite to the interview?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mco10)
    i guess i didnt pass then. i took their verbal test btw
    Citi doesn't have verbal
    or am I wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikiu15)
    Yeah I got an email saying I passed the test and that my application is now under review.
    Good
    was it an automatic email (like other banks) or did it take them some days to say you have passed?
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TahaK)
    Citi doesn't have verbal
    or am I wrong?
    i applied to HR

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows if investment banks register phone interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from UBS yet? Still worth applying now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    Anyone heard back from UBS yet? Still worth applying now?
    Yeah it is. No one has heard back yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProjectNr2)
    that was not at all meant to be cocky think you misunderstood my language
    I got a really high amount of rejections (probably more than the average applicant)...
    No. Not everyone can get a Spring Week... the numbers don't add up. A great candidate could end up with none, just like a rubbish one could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TahaK)
    Good
    was it an automatic email (like other banks) or did it take them some days to say you have passed?
    thank you!
    I don't think it was an automated one I got it 2 weeks after I completed the test.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had their interview with barclays yet?

ReputationRep:
    HEY

Apologies for the newbie post so late in this thread, but I couldn't find much of an answer to the question by searching through some of the previous pages. I'm currently doing Engineering at Oxford, and in my second year (of four), so I'm in the year for applying for these courses.

Unfortunately, I've only recently become interested in going into investment banking, and as a result, have missed all of the deadlines for the internships. As somebody who has no financial work experience at all (just stuff at civil engineering firms lol) or any accolades/achievements from any financial societies, I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimation of my chances of getting a summer internship next year, and what would be the best course of action to improve these chances.

Sorry to anyone who feels this is spamming up the thread, and good luck to everyone with their interview results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddyvedda)
    HEY

Apologies for the newbie post so late in this thread, but I couldn't find much of an answer to the question by searching through some of the previous pages. I'm currently doing Engineering at Oxford, and in my second year (of four), so I'm in the year for applying for these courses.

Unfortunately, I've only recently become interested in going into investment banking, and as a result, have missed all of the deadlines for the internships. As somebody who has no financial work experience at all (just stuff at civil engineering firms lol) or any accolades/achievements from any financial societies, I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimation of my chances of getting a summer internship next year, and what would be the best course of action to improve these chances.

Sorry to anyone who feels this is spamming up the thread, and good luck to everyone with their interview results!
    Not an answer to your question, but just in case you weren't aware, some of the banks do the equivalent of spring weeks in the summer, for example BAML, which you'd still have time to apply for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddyvedda)
    HEY

I don't really think anybody could give you your 'chance', like as a percentage, or whatever... BUT it is entirely possible. There is a lot to say about those who possess skills relevant for the job, even if they don't yet have experience. If your online application is appealing, you then have an interview to prove yourself. You are obviously from a target uni, and doing a course that is favoured by IBs.

A lot of people here will have things to say about what you can do, but any research to gain a technical knowledge is a good idea.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    got my telephone interview invitation with barclays but can't book a slot. is it simply a case of refreshing the page until it comes up?

ReputationRep:
    what is the application process for UBS please? is it just a numerical and verbal test?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.