Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone ever feel like they're just going to be alone forever? I'm just sad, all the time and i want it to stop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone ever feel like they're just going to be alone forever? I'm just sad, all the time and i want it to stop!
    :hugs: yes, all the time - but the lovely people here remind me that I'm not alone (ok that sounds like we're all a bunch of creeps :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    By the time it runs out, the world will be moving on to using renewable energy, we have the majority of the potential wind and wave energy in the uk go independent Scotland

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yay! Go independence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    part of me wants the scots to become independent! i'm outraged that they get more money cos of the Barnett formula. When oil runs out scotland will be back to the stone age. Scots rely too much on oil 20% of their revenue i've heard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Off topic, but the Barnett formula isn't as generous as you may think,
    A few English regions get more than Wales does (the North East, Yorkshire and Humberside, London and the South West) and it is a likelyhood that if Wales (And Scotland) were regions of England they would get more than what they currently do. Also the increases in that amount are lower for Wales and Scotland than the English regions.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    Haha I will! Pet's are the best so it's acceptable I have to leave him tomorrow for a bit with my mum and i'm going to be like a parent leaving their baby for the first time.
    They are :yep: At least that means he'll be super excited when you get home! Did you get any sleep in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    They are :yep: At least that means he'll be super excited when you get home! Did you get any sleep in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got a couple of hours not much at all going to have a nap later I need it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    I got a couple of hours not much at all going to have a nap later I need it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably more than me still! Got about an hour and a half then someone rang and woke me up (my fault for leaving my phone on ) then swore at me when he realised he got the wrong number. Then next door's dog spent ages barking/whining outside my window :unimpressed: Naps are good though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I realise you're just trying to help, and acknowledge that I might well be alone in feeling this way And this isn't solely aimed at you or anyone at all (and I think you're super kind and awesome too ) (and isn't meant as a criticism of anyone, just my thoughts on how things go, I guess - I love everyone here!)
    But I really feel as though it'd be a lot easier if when people are being unpleasant and such, that people just ignored them and reported - goading a troll's going to do nothing but antagonise them/cause more conflict and possible upset, and insulting a troll/being clever/"having fun at their expense" doesn't really do much either - because they simply couldn't care less.

As for non-trolls but people just being offensive, I think it's sort of hypocritical to be deliberately rude back - it's just being mean back, which is mean - 2 wrongs don't make a right, after all :dontknow:
    This comes from someone who'd at least like to be pacifist, and generally doesn't want conflict, so maybe I'm being unrealistic and naive - perfectly possible, but anyway... (and I definitely do not want to start any debate/conflict with this very comment on how things happen, but feel as though I should at least say something while I'm feeling confidant enough to )

Sorry, that's just my 2 pence...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: I think you're awesome too, but on this point I think we'll have to agree to disagree. :sadnod:

I think Tasha put it really eloquently - I've been there when my friends have stayed silent too, and it absolutely crushes you, way worse than whatever else is being done to you. Also, being a passive victim isn't fun. I'm firmly of the school of thought that you fight back, even if you lose, you fight back and show that you've done something.

As for goading trolls/unpleasant people specifically, to be honest I see getting them banned as being a 100% win. If they just get a tap on the wrist, they come back for more. And people get genuinely upset by the things they say. So the sooner they get banned, the sooner people can feel safer on here again.

I do appreciate what you're saying ducky, but policies of non-intervention just aren't for me. :no:

ReputationRep:
    feel beyond **** right now. absolutely exhausted. I just cant face the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    feel beyond **** right now. absolutely exhausted. I just cant face the world.
    :hugs: you got anything you have to do today or can you just take things easy if you feel exhausted and stuff? hope you feel better soon!

ReputationRep:
    Just had a really awkward conversation with my friend, seems not explicitly stating my sexuality was me lying to her, plus some other things came up and I don't think we'll be talking for a while. Think I'll just head into work and jump around for a while, trampoline is definitely a good distraction. Though it does mean leaving the house :/

Managed to forget to take my meds yesterday and then wondered why I felt so ill all last night. Hopefully will start to feel less like a poorly zombie in an hour or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    Just had a really awkward conversation with my friend, seems not explicitly stating my sexuality was me lying to her, plus some other things came up and I don't think we'll be talking for a while. Think I'll just head into work and jump around for a while, trampoline is definitely a good distraction. Though it does mean leaving the house :/

Managed to forget to take my meds yesterday and then wondered why I felt so ill all last night. Hopefully will start to feel less like a poorly zombie in an hour or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    they really got upset about that? :/ I've had people I known for ages who I didn't know their sexuality till I knew them a lot better, heck with some people if they didn't list it on Facebook then I wouldn't know now even, don't get why it's a big deal to people, if you are friends with someone their sexuality is pretty much irrelevant imo. sorry your friend is being like that though!

I get really ill if I miss my meds by too long as well, hopefully now you taken them you feel better like you said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    :hugs: you got anything you have to do today or can you just take things easy if you feel exhausted and stuff? hope you feel better soon!
    thanks :hugs: have to unpack my stuff and tidy around. also stupid things like take rubbish out and fill in some form. I do not have the will to exist right now. keep trying to get up to get dressed or start unpacking and then look at my stuff and it all feels too overwhelming so then I end up lying on bed crying in despair. also too hot in here cause you cant open windows so I bought a fan but you need a screwdriver to put it together. so its just horrible right now. uefberiubwciuvhd. sorry I am literally in a horrible state right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console: Your friend sounds a bit daft. :sadnod: Sexuality can be a pretty private thing, and doesn't necessarily need to be broadcast to all and sundry!

Hope you feel better soon. :jumphug:

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    thanks :hugs: have to unpack my stuff and tidy around. also stupid things like take rubbish out and fill in some form. I do not have the will to exist right now. keep trying to get up to get dressed or start unpacking and then look at my stuff and it all feels too overwhelming so then I end up lying on bed crying in despair. also too hot in here cause you cant open windows so I bought a fan but you need a screwdriver to put it together. so its just horrible right now. uefberiubwciuvhd. sorry I am literally in a horrible state right now
    ah okay, well at least you don't have to go out a lot or anything! maybe just unpack a few things at a time so it doesn't get too much for you? hopefully it cools down a bit then, at least summer is over now so you won't completely roast! it's okay, hopefully you feel better soon! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ah okay, well at least you don't have to go out a lot or anything! maybe just unpack a few things at a time so it doesn't get too much for you? hopefully it cools down a bit then, at least summer is over now so you won't completely roast! it's okay, hopefully you feel better soon! :hugs:
    oh ffs, this was me btw, gonna see if I can get the de-auto-anon script working again!

ReputationRep:
    oh ffs, this was me btw, gonna see if I can get the de-auto-anon script working again!
    Send me a PM if you continue having issues with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Send me a PM if you continue having issues with it
    found the link but when I click on it, it doesn't load the page that mean I already have it or?

ReputationRep:
    they really got upset about that? :/ I've had people I known for ages who I didn't know their sexuality till I knew them a lot better, heck with some people if they didn't list it on Facebook then I wouldn't know now even, don't get why it's a big deal to people, if you are friends with someone their sexuality is pretty much irrelevant imo. sorry your friend is being like that though!

I get really ill if I miss my meds by too long as well, hopefully now you taken them you feel better like you said
    Yeah honestly I'm amazed it came as any sort of surprise to her, it's not like I hide it at all. Basically she said something and I pointed out that was offensive in general and to me personally. Guess she'll learn to live with it or not.

(Original post by superwolf)
    :console: Your friend sounds a bit daft. :sadnod: Sexuality can be a pretty private thing, and doesn't necessarily need to be broadcast to all and sundry!

Hope you feel better soon. :jumphug:
    Daft/ incredibly blind and not listening half the time. She's not particularly brilliant with things that fall outside her own (narrow) view of the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    found the link but when I click on it, it doesn't load the page that mean I already have it or?
    The site which did host the scripts is dead. When I get home from work, I will find the mirror that also hosts it and send it to you.

Are you using firefox or chrome? If you let me know, I can help you find if you already have it, you might just need to add the current thread URL to the script.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.