Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umutalberts)
    Yep. Otherwise why would there even be a specification?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, thanks! I thought so but someone told me that other things could still come up. I'm just being stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachy23)
    Haha, thanks! I thought so but someone told me that other things could still come up. I'm just being stupid
    Well you do have to know each point in detail so maybe that person didn't know it well enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well you do have to know each point in detail so maybe that person didn't know it well enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I suppose. I'll just make sure to make my notes really detailed

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, two english essays to write. (which should 'only take me two hours' - :eek:That's two hours of my half-term gone. :mad:)

What happened to giving us a break...

Better crack on with it. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I have my dress and I'm hopefully getting my shoes today.
    What is your dress like? I get so excited about this stuff xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    I'm not going. Hopefully I could watch a film though instead of going to prom, if not, well, I still have a lot of novels on my reading list. Are u going?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
    I am indeed going, how come you're not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    I am indeed going, how come you're not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't like dressing up and dancing. And I don't really want to be in the same room as 'hormonal teenagers high on freedom and liberation'. Sorry.

I was going for the food but then.... I dunno, is it really worth it?

How's your preparation going?

P.S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Urgh, two english essays to write. (which should 'only take me two hours' - :eek:That's two hours of my half-term gone. :mad:)

What happened to giving us a break...

Better crack on with it. *sigh*
    Lol. Wait till you get to A level

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Wait till you get to A level
    Haha. I'm just in a 'can't be bothered to do shiz' mood.

And lol, i'm taking english lit for A-level so whooo....

ReputationRep:
    Haha. I'm just in a 'can't be bothered to do shiz' mood.

And lol, i'm taking english lit for A-level so whooo....
    Ya I feel you I'm a sciences student and have to sit the IELTS this weekend - have done sub-zero preparation so not too chuffed about it! I miss GCSE lit although it was my worst grade by a long shot but it was so much fun! What novels are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Ya I feel you I'm a sciences student and have to sit the IELTS this weekend - have done sub-zero preparation so not too chuffed about it! I miss GCSE lit although it was my worst grade by a long shot but it was so much fun! What novels are you studying?
    You're taking A-levels or...?

Better prepare - don't regret it! :P (like I can preach... :rolleyes:)

Yeah, it's so fun I can't bring myself to drop it just yet. Bit like weaning myself off the humanities side - the sudden conversion to all sciences would kill me.

Studying Pride and Prejudice and also Romeo and Juliet (not a novel but yeah.)

ReputationRep:
    You're taking A-levels or...?

Better prepare - don't regret it! :P (like I can preach... :rolleyes:)

Yeah, it's so fun I can't bring myself to drop it just yet. Bit like weaning myself off the humanities side - the sudden conversion to all sciences would kill me.

Studying Pride and Prejudice and also Romeo and Juliet (not a novel but yeah.)
    Yeah I'm doing too many science and maths A levels for my own good

Look I think I do need to prepare but I just have no idea how! I have no time to do practice papers and there is nobody to mark them anyway even if I did them... As for the speaking I speak English most of the day so how much more prep can you do for it? Any advice would seriously be greatly appreciated!

Yeah sciences are quite painful. I took a language last year to dilute them but this year I decided to take up on more maths instead so I don't have time for languages! Ah Pride and Prejudice... I attempted it once but I don't think I got beyond the first couple of pages! I did Gatsby and Oscar Wilde back in the day, I don't think we could have studied better books!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing too many science and maths A levels for my own good

Look I think I do need to prepare but I just have no idea how! I have no time to do practice papers and there is nobody to mark them anyway even if I did them... As for the speaking I speak English most of the day so how much more prep can you do for it? Any advice would seriously be greatly appreciated!

Yeah sciences are quite painful. I took a language last year to dilute them but this year I decided to take up on more maths instead so I don't have time for languages! Ah Pride and Prejudice... I attempted it once but I don't think I got beyond the first couple of pages! I did Gatsby and Oscar Wilde back in the day, I don't think we could have studied better books!
    Ahaha, all science and maths?

No idea about IELTS so can't help there I'm afraid! Maybe have a look online for tips? :confused:

Pride and Prejudice is so long - three volumes... Read Of Mice and Men the other day - it's so short!
    Ahaha, P&P is a bit tedious as a read - analysing it though just makes it make so much more sense so I'm not complaining!

guess you got lucky with your choices.

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha, all science and maths?

No idea about IELTS so can't help there I'm afraid! Maybe have a look online for tips? :confused:

Pride and Prejudice is so long - three volumes... Read Of Mice and Men the other day - it's so short!
    Ahaha, P&P is a bit tedious as a read - analysing it though just makes it make so much more sense so I'm not complaining!

guess you got lucky with your choices.
    Yeah all the sciences, maths, further maths... Makes me feel like going insane at times, even though I haven't even reached the climax of my studies! What subjects are you taking/ thinking of taking?

No worries! The internet is not a friend on this issue as most of the tips are for those who aren't particularly fluent in English, whilst in my case it is my mother tongue so I'd imagine the approach would be quite different.

I see! I might give classics another shot someday, although I doubt that will be in the near future! I was indeed, although thorough enjoyment didn't help get the grade in the end. Funnily enough, I was consistently top in the grade throughout the two years but the actual GCSE was a major f*ck up...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah all the sciences, maths, further maths... Makes me feel like going insane at times, even though I haven't even reached the climax of my studies! What subjects are you taking/ thinking of taking?

No worries! The internet is not a friend on this issue as most of the tips are for those who aren't particularly fluent in English, whilst in my case it is my mother tongue so I'd imagine the approach would be quite different.

I see! I might give classics another shot someday, although I doubt that will be in the near future! I was indeed, although thorough enjoyment didn't help get the grade in the end. Funnily enough, I was consistently top in the grade throughout the two years but the actual GCSE was a major f*ck up...
    :eek: Kudos to you! I'd die. I'm thinking of taking: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit.

Oh I see.

Classics are well... classic () but they do take longer to read and there is always more than meets the eye with them. I really need to read more....
    That's a shame. :sad: At least you enjoyed the books though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just not into dressing up and dancing and watching 'in my classmate's words, "a pool of hormonal teenagers, high on freedom and liberation".

Although... if we were given the opportunity to dress up casually I might go but still, it's prom...

What about you?

P.S.

Yeah I'm going. Tbh we had a winter formal which I thought was going to be **** but it actually turned out to be pretty good. I'm not usually a fan of dancing but I just sort of changed a bit that night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Kudos to you! I'd die. I'm thinking of taking: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit.

Oh I see.

Classics are well... classic () but they do take longer to read and there is always more than meets the eye with them. I really need to read more....
    That's a shame. :sad: At least you enjoyed the books though.
    Haha yeah! Nice combo you have there Have you thought of what you would like to study in uni?

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah! Nice combo you have there Have you thought of what you would like to study in uni?
    I've thought about it but have no real clue as to a definite idea.... I've only just settled on my A-level options and that was hard enough!

Urgh life choices and my ability to mess them up...

ReputationRep:
    I don't like dressing up and dancing. And I don't really want to be in the same room as 'hormonal teenagers high on freedom and liberation'. Sorry.

I was going for the food but then.... I dunno, is it really worth it?

How's your preparation going?

P.S.

In all fairness, I'm pretty much the same, but my friend asked me to go with him and I didn't have the heart to say no...

I've tried on about three dresses, and one pair of shoes XD I'm going serious dress shopping tomorrow, though. The only thing I've really sorted is my date - we don't even know how we're getting there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've thought about it but have no real clue as to a definite idea.... I've only just settled on my A-level options and that was hard enough!

Urgh life choices and my ability to mess them up...
    You still have tonnes of time, no worries! I almost dropped physics following GCSEs but now its a condition in all of my offers (ie all my courses are strongly connected to physics so they specified that they want such and such grade in physics...)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.