Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    The bitterness is strong.

My post had nothing to do with Arsenal. It was more about Liverpool's inability to sign a player of proven quality.

How did United sign Falcao and Di Maria without CL football? Massive financial package. You should have simply offered him more money till rivals couldn't match the offer

I mentioned Alexis because you were strongly linked with him all summer. He would have been the ideal player for Liverpool's playing style and a player could replicate 50% of what Suarez brought to the team
    of course i'm bitter - you got a near world class player and we didn't:lolwut:

you're making no sense (not surprising); the main reason liverpool didn't sign this "player of proven quality" was because of arsenal, yet you think there's no need to mention them...
    as samir correctly highlighted, we offered sanchez more money - your argument has so many holes that it's becoming comical now.

i really think you should stick to the arsenal thread:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    We offered Alexis higher wages than Arsenal, he didn't budge. One of the few players not swayed by money it seems, I give him credit for that.

Nevertheless, Liverpool aren't United, Chelsea or City where they can throw massive wages at any player, they can't afford it and FFP is not looking good for them either. Remy would of been fine tbh but the medical team had other ideas, regretting that big time.

That sounds fair enough tbh I agree with the Remy part as well. I'm not sure what happened with him wrt the medical but it seems like Balo became available and Rogers took the chance on him at a cut price. I still think Balo will come good for LFC tbh

(Original post by Lúcio)
    x
    The tale of two posters. samir12 responded with a logical post, no bitterness in it and no insults towards me. That how most posters on the football forum should be tbh I think you can learn a few lesson from him and other sensible posters Luke

Saying where people should post creates a unwelcoming environment on the football forum imo so I'll post where I like thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    The tale of two posters. samir12 responded with a logical post, no bitterness in it and no insults towards me. That how most posters on the football forum should be tbh I think you can learn a few lesson from him and other sensible posters Luke

Saying where people should post creates a unwelcoming environment on the football forum imo so I'll post where I like thanks.
    Lol.
    Just lol.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Victor Valdes to train with Man Utd.
    FFS.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday was a farce. From the massively over exaggerated build up to a group game, to players having a laugh with the Madrid lot on the pitch when we were losing. Felt like we were some ****ty European minnows who should be privileged to be playing against the mighty Real Madrid - there was no bite whatsoever. Load of *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we'll show them a little less respect in a few weeks.

Just need to focus on 3 points against Hull for the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is bored and wants a laugh:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...topic=315714.0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shady's back)
    'apparently'

Scored 30 goals in Italy more times in three seasons than Totti, Del Piero and Di Natale have done combined in 60 seasons (no-one in recent history has scored 30+ three times, as Cavani has done)

don't chat **** about what you don't know Anhar
    del piero and totti are second strikers, di natale spent half of his career on the wing...
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I wish we sold Borini to Sunderland for 14 mil and signed Remy, we probably wouldn't have been so bad if we had Remy playing up front.

At least Walcott is nearing full fitness, he'll make a big impact when he starts playing again.

It's crazy to see how Arsenal are two points below considering how shambolic Liverpool have been. :lol:
    That would have been a good sale considering the price, Borini was so determined not to go through! The Remy thing was incredible dodgy to say the least.

Yeah that's true I guess, surely it can only get better with Walcott. Anyway.

Alright alright I get it but we'll be above come the end of the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    del piero and totti are second strikers, di natale spent half of his career on the wing...
    i thought you died...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...behaviour.html

Telegraph suggesting that Balotelli could be off in January. They're usually quite reliable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i thought you died...
    And?

Don't see why you have to be so passive aggressive towards him considering he was saying very valid statements. Didn't even realise Di Natale was a winger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Times like this I hope you all remember how good Liverpool were under Rafa. Too many take it for granted.

If only he had the cash that the washed up little rat of a man Brendan Rodgers has had.
    Rafa was actually pretty awesome for the league. Scapegoated so much, but in hindsight a thoroughly likable guy. I've said more than once, I'd take him at Man Utd!

ReputationRep:
    Rafa is a prick who never owns up for his mistakes. He's just a ****ter Jose Mourinho in the grand scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    Markovic is basically Shaqiri before his move, at Basel(?). Anyway, at this stage, I'd have took Shaqiri too, it's just that Rodgers saw Markovic as a prospect he HAD to secure, and Shaqiri was just the alternative to Lallana, and an alternative that we couldn't have got anyway.

Can has been out injured for 6 weeks and did start ahead of Allen at the weekend. He is getting chances and will continue to get them. Allen was just there for ball retention purposes. Everyone knows what Allen does and does not offer, and I would have started him last night just like Brendan did.

Going forward we're just about okay, even with Balo being a passenger. We're just a shambles in defence.
    I'd like some of what you're smoking; I didn't see Shaqiri at Basel, but I saw Markovic play quite a bit and they are simply different players. I said before he came that Markovic has zero intelligence atm and moves faster than he can think. Shaqiri was never like that, even when he just moved to BM. He was more of the showpony type with great vision. Markovic is POSSIBLY the better prospect but has way way more of an attitude problem. I've not really watched enough of either to tell exactly, but their potential isn't miles apart. Shaqiri is pretty young too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I'd like some of what you're smoking; I didn't see Shaqiri at Basel, but I saw Markovic play quite a bit and they are simply different players. I said before he came that Markovic has zero intelligence atm and moves faster than he can think. Shaqiri was never like that, even when he just moved to BM. He was more of the showpony type with great vision. Markovic is POSSIBLY the better prospect but has way way more of an attitude problem. I've not really watched enough of either to tell exactly, but their potential isn't miles apart. Shaqiri is pretty young too...
    I didn't mean stylistically, I meant in terms of career progression - Markovic is just coming to his first spell at a big club and Shaqiri has been at one for a few years.

Lazar doesn't have any attitude problems, no idea where that's come from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Take Ibra, Vieri, Batigol, Toni, whoever, he beats them all.

Cavani's goals record at Napoli is magnificent and unprecedented.

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ ****ter Jose mourinho... Beat mourinho twice in CL semis in three years with vastly inferior teams, essentially sacking Jose lmao

ReputationRep:
    Hull will be playing their 3rd choice keeper tomorrow. Now normally I would say he's going to play a blinder, but with the way we're playing at the moment he won't have much to do. I reckon balotelli will be dropped and we'll play sterling up front and set up similar to the second half against madrid.

Very disappointed with Rodgers' comments yesterday saying we don't need to hire a defensive coach. It's blindingly obvious to everybody out there our defence and defensive training is not up to scratch or even existent. This really needs rectifying soon but I don't have faith in Rodgers to do it. We no longer have suarez papering over the cracks of our defensive liabilities that have been present since Rodgers took over. He has had us set up like Barcelona, all out attack with little consideration for defence, which leaves our centre backs isolated one on one too often. We now don't have the attacking talent for this to work and we should be playing much more conservatively but it seems that Rodgers doesn't realise this even though the entire footballing world does

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean stylistically, I meant in terms of career progression - Markovic is just coming to his first spell at a big club and Shaqiri has been at one for a few years.

Lazar doesn't have any attitude problems, no idea where that's come from.
    Ah yea, in that sense I get you. I don't think Lallana and Shaqiri are that similar too really, but in that sense the Markovic deal did make sense. (though I'd have taken Shaq over Lallana and backed Coutinho)

Not attitude problems like Balotelli, more a slack attitude to training and laziness on the pitch which may limit potential.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.