Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Points wise we're equally close to Spurs in 3rd and Norwich in 17th.

Lol.

ReputationRep:
    How depressing..

ReputationRep:
    I hope Leicester win the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Points wise we're equally close to Spurs in 3rd and Norwich in 17th.

Lol.
    6th points between 7th and 16th is insane. (Assuming Bournemouth hold on.)

ReputationRep:
    Considering how obsessed Rodgers was with his passing game, it's astounding that 3 and a half years later we still don't have a midfield capable of playing simple passes. Lucas and Can were dire, Henderson not much better but I suppose he gets a bit of leeway atm with this apparent injury.

The way things are going, we'll have to win the cup just to qualify for the Europa League. EL has to be the priority from now on tbh, we aren't catching up in the league. I'd take a cup treble, it's been 15 years since the last one now.

Fair play to Leicester though, I really do hope they go all the way.

ReputationRep:
    Just gotta stay as high up the table as possible and focus on the cups. Sturridge and Coutinho return would help us massively in salvaging whatever is left of this season.

ReputationRep:
    You see how much minimal injures and a prolific playmaker/striker duo have benefitted Spurs and Leicester in consistency (plus half decent defences), kills me that coutinho and Sturridge could have done the same. Good luck to them though they deserve it, much rather they in top 4 than Chelsea Utd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1471888208

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool are a midtable club let's be honest here
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Dejan Lovren cost more than the entire Leicester XI that tore you apart today. How does that feel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Dejan Lovren cost more than the entire Leicester XI that tore you apart today. How does that feel?
    Wonder goal + Lucky deflection = being torn apart?

Weak b8 m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Wonder goal + Lucky deflection = being torn apart?

Weak b8 m8
    salt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKay)
    salt
    Pls

Leicester were better, they deserved the win but it wasn't convincing.
    As we did against United, we had the power to get something out of that match but we failed.
    We had so many good opportunities that were wasted by a bad pass. Leicester had that pass and that's why they won (with a bit of luck).

Would've been so much easier if they simply outclassed us. Throwing away a match pisses me off like you wouldn't believe.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope Smith gets a chance at LB, his crosses are absolute peaches. Moreno has been frustrating me to no end, he always gets into good positions but it's wasted due to a dire pass or cross which just bounces onto the opposition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I really hope Smith gets a chance at LB, his crosses are absolute peaches. Moreno has been frustrating me to no end, he always gets into good positions but it's wasted due to a dire pass or cross which just bounces onto the opposition.
    Moreno is great at getting forward but he doesn't know what to do when he gets there. If he can't defend and he can't attack effectively, why the hell is he on the pitch?

We're missing the pass. That's all it bloody is.
    If you add a consistent playmaker and a good finisher to our side, it instantly becomes top 4 quality.

We have no shining light, no saviour of immense quality that will just bail you out. Nobody steps up when we need them and the team knows that. That's why we gave up when we went 1-0 down. None of the players believe in their teammates and I don't blame them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Moreno is great at getting forward but he doesn't know what to do when he gets there. If he can't defend and he can't attack effectively, why the hell is he on the pitch?

We're missing the pass. That's all it bloody is.
    If you add a consistent playmaker and a good finisher to our side, it instantly becomes top 4 quality.

We have no shining light, no saviour of immense quality that will just bail you out. Nobody steps up when we need them and the team knows that. That's why we gave up when we went 1-0 down. None of the players believe in their teammates and I don't blame them.
    I feel that the players are being way to cute and intricate with their passing sometimes. Sometimes it's better to be more simple, pass the ball to the flank and get a good cross into the box and try to get on the end of it. We just have an issue with creating chances, like today we dominated Leicester but we had **** all to show for it.

There seemed to be no desire from anyone to try and make things happen, everyone just looks at everyone else to do something. Also, all the wayward passes are really irritating me now, we saw it the other day against Stoke. It's criminal to play like that at this level, the players really need to step up. I feel Coutinho and Sturridge will provide that much needed morale boost. (Providing Coutinho doesn't try to score a billion times per match...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I feel that the players are being way to cute and intricate with their passing sometimes. Sometimes it's better to be more simple, pass the ball to the flank and get a good cross into the box and try to get on the end of it. We just have an issue with creating chances, like today we dominated Leicester but we had **** all to show for it.

There seemed to be no desire from anyone to try and make things happen, everyone just looks at everyone else to do something. Also, all the wayward passes are really irritating me now, we saw it the other day against Stoke. It's criminal to play like that at this level, the players really need to step up. I feel Coutinho and Sturridge will provide that much needed morale boost. (Providing Coutinho doesn't try to score a billion times per match...)
    Exactly, they're waiting for the perfect moment to cross and when that never comes, the opportunity is wasted.
    I think it's amazing how often we get in to a crossing position when you consider Benteke is never on the pitch.
    There's such a mismatch between the players we have and our tactics with regards to scoring goals.

Set-piece wise, this is the worst Liverpool team I've ever seen. We have a scare defending from almost any set piece position and I can't remember the last time we scored from a corner.
    We don't have a set-up for scoring and that's what's killing us.
    We don't know what to do so we just try to walk it in to the net.

Another thing I've noticed is a complete inability to beat a man. It's absolutely ridiculous. When Coutinho has the ball, he breezes past players without a thought. So watching us now it's so painful when absolutely nobody can do anything in a 1v1 situation.

There's absolutely no spark in our team. It's not gonna be pretty at all for the rest of the season but at least Klopp will know for sure who to boot and who to buy. I don't know how we're in a cup final.

ReputationRep:
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see the match but followed on Twitter, I gather Moreno had an absolute mare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    I didn't see the match but followed on Twitter, I gather Moreno had an absolute mare?
    Was utterly brainless going forward, see no point having him on the pitch when he can't defend and contributes nothing going forwards, better off playing Ibe at LB let alone Smith. Don't know if he is tired, on poor form or simply not good enough, either way he needs some time out.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.