Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobofbobs)
    Is this a good score?
    VR 870
    QR 890
    AR 770
    Got 7A* 3A at gcse and AAAA in maths bio chem phys at AS do you think this will be enough?
    OMG amazing score!!!!! Advice please. Especially for QR and AR!!!!! but words of wisdom for VR would also be fab

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maw1979)
    For QR ukcat ninja is by far the very best.

To give you a good idea on the actual QR, ALL my questions were not hard. Very simple maths. But each questions would take on average about 45 seconds to complete. (roughly, some more some less).

The idea is to do the quick ones and sometimes i had to guess the longer ones. they were IN NO WAY HARD, just long.

To give you an idea, im 37 and by no means a maths genius. Far far from it in fact.

in modify mocks i got 550, 700, 670.
    In UKCAT official mocks i got 530, 650, 600.

For real i got 720.

I found most of the QR questions in prep a little tricky.
    However in the real test i was massively surprised. A very big sigh of relief. Good preparation is the key. Over preparing with modify and such is quite handy.

However, after using most resources, i would now swear by UKCAT ninja.
    For QR, its by far the best. simple, swift, but longer QR questions.

Do not worry about QR. i would say personally, 5 i could not understand fully (weird graph), 5 would of taken ages, the rest were no problem. Just long.

I hope that helps.

But defo ukcat ninja. Its the closest to the real thing.
    Thank you!! xx How about the VR?-does the ISC 1000 med prepare you for that section? Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    hey can you let me know for VR how many questions in the real thing you actually attempted like did you do 30 and guess the remaining 14 or what?
    I actually managed to get through them all without guessing and on the official mock tests I usually got 5 or 6 wrong at most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoemccarthy34)
    OMG amazing score!!!!! Advice please. Especially for QR and AR!!!!! but words of wisdom for VR would also be fab
    Thanks, I used medify and the 1000 question book, the 1000 question one had much harder QR than exam but I think it mentions this at the start? Read the question first don't try to take in all the data at once and medify is really good for timing.
    AR I was rubbish at but somehow managed to pull it out the bag, was getting 60℅ on official mocks. I found the 1000 question book really useful for AR there are so many questions for AR in there.

ReputationRep:
    I actually managed to get through them all without guessing and on the official mock tests I usually got 5 or 6 wrong at most
    HOW?!?!?! Can you elaborate please... Im intrigued

ReputationRep:
    HOW?!?!?! Can you elaborate please... Im intrigued
    Skim reading, only read in depth when I needed to. Had about a minute spare at the end of my VR on the test.

ReputationRep:
    Skim reading, only read in depth when I needed to. Had about a minute spare at the end of my VR on the test.
    So you skim read the text then choose answers on what you think is correct?

ReputationRep:
    So you skim read the text then choose answers on what you think is correct?
    Kinda. So usually I'd skim read it then if I didn't know it id read that section again and used the skim read to rule out some statements for the statement ones. I dunno really I've always just been a quick reader which helps

ReputationRep:
    Kinda. So usually I'd skim read it then if I didn't know it id read that section again and used the skim read to rule out some statements for the statement ones. I dunno really I've always just been a quick reader which helps
    you may be a fast reader but it doesn't explain how you can justify a correct answer within a few seconds? lool you spent 29secs on av for each question, kill me now

ReputationRep:
    URGENT
    Hi,
    My UKCAT is on Wednesday and I want to reschedule it. I've forgotten my username and password, but can someone tell me what format the username is?

Is the username your UKCAT ID or is it your email?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d010534)
    URGENT
    Hi,
    My UKCAT is on Wednesday and I want to reschedule it. I've forgotten my username and password, but can someone tell me what format the username is?

Thanks
    Anyone?? Please! I really have no time to reschedule it otherwise, and I can't do well right now. Please please help.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?? Please! I really have no time to reschedule it otherwise, and I can't do well right now. Please please help.
    My username was just my first and last name but I can't remember whether I created that or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    My username was just my first and last name but I can't remember whether I created that or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you for replying
    But was it your full name (including middle name) or just first name and surname? Also, are there spaces??

ReputationRep:
    The username for PEARSON VUE??

ReputationRep:
    URGENT
    Hi,

Thanks
    Your username is what you make it. Check your email there should be a record of it when you signed up, or maybe try phoning not too sure sorry but check email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJessScott)
    so during my ukcat revision period of a month and a half i have read every single post in this thread and its been so helpful,
    MY UKCAT IS TOMORROW
    i hope i do well need about 700 average i hope so finger crossed
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJessScott)
    so during my ukcat revision period of a month and a half i have read every single post in this thread and its been so helpful,
    MY UKCAT IS TOMORROW
    i hope i do well need about 700 average i hope so finger crossed
    Hey what did you get at GCSE and AS?

ReputationRep:
    I managed to reset and they found my username and i rescheduled it thank god

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, just wanted to ask what predicted grades would you need for a London college (Kings, Barts) to do medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Just did my ukcat and this site helped so much with advice and knowing it's not just me that found it hard 😂
    Score was 820 average

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.