Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somevirtualguy)
    I don't regret my insurance choice, but I've become so used to the idea of going to my firm and so happy about it that my insurance, even though I like it, kinda sucks.
    You is me. I am you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    My course at my firm has just come out of clearing 😢😢 this isn't making me feel good at all :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That could mean you're in

I'm babysitting on the night of the 17th, so I'm hoping I will be so tired by the time I get home I will sleep until 11am when I can get my results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    I admittedly wasn't as scared at GCSE. They are a big deal when you do them at the time and there's still pressure. But I only view qualifications as a sort of 'they're getting me to the next step' thing, and to get into college, I was fine with GCSEs since all I needed was 5 of them and at least Bs in Maths and English to get into college(and I don't want to sound cocky) that was pretty easily attainable for me since my lowest grade prediction was an A and I was doing 10. Although I imagine it's more pressure for Oxbridge candidates because GCSEs are more important to them as far as I'm aware...but I'm not Oxbridge material so
    At GCSE it was more curiosity than fear of results day.

Now, A Levels. Again, I only see them as the step I need to get to uni. But the difference is the requirements need you to get specific grades in ALL of your subjects. Like at GCSE, if I failed one subject, it would've been fine bc I still had 9 other GCSEs and you pretty much know a college would still take you. But I need all three of my A2 grades now for uni. At GCSE I revised pretty much the night or week before for them but A Levels has been months and months of prep for me, yet I guarantee my grades won't be anything like my GCSE grades. Like GCSE my lowest prediction for A2 is an A but if I get one A I'd honestly be incredibly surprised. If I get a B in Physics I'd be even more shocked tbh. The jump from GCSE to A Level is huge. I'm terrified for results day this year...

Good Luck with your result
    Wow thanks for your reply and what a surprise that was! For GCSE most people (including me) revised for the exams a couple weeks before, but comparing that to months and months is just crazy. And of course there's also the fact that getting into unis is stressful especially with so many applications this year! I wish you the very best in what you get and hope that you achieve what you desire, maybe the months of revision may pay off in the end, good luck, 4 days to go!!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what time the WJEC grade boundaries are released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxns_00)
    GCSEs have little effect on people unless they're applying to universities which take the GCSE score into account, such as Oxford or UCL.

A level results day is the day we find out if we're going to get into our dream unis onto our chosen courses or if we'll be rejected and have to find something else under pressure. This does actually have an effect on people's lives and will matter in 5 years time, unlike GCSEs, so the stress isn't really comparable to the "stress" I felt a couple years ago for my own GCSE results
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to my comment. i see why A levels are considered a big jump in terms of the exams being significantly harder and also the overall importance of them for unis and courses that basically determine your direction in life. Good luck i wish you the very best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I feel like GCSE results day was something I was less worried about. On GCSE results, my main worry was hitting the B grades in the subjects I want to study at A Levels (my sixth form required that)

With A Levels though, I literally feel like my future is on the line because it really does determine if I go to uni, and which one I go to!
    Yeah i understand, A levels basically choose what you're gonna be and the direction you take ... good luck 4 days !

(Original post by PQ)
    Yes I work for a university. But I am not on TSR as an official rep or interesting in selling or promoting my employer (IMO they're good enough that I don't need to).

It's not appropriate for me to name drop - that's not why I'm here and I'm not here as part of my job.
    It's the University of Southampton, isn't it?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry, couldn't help myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    For me, GCSE results wasn't too bad tbh, I got a little freaked out but honestly I was never in much doubt that I'd got the grades I needed for sixth form (especially as I'd taken maths in november and already had one A* under my belt).

AS results last year was worse (although with the changes I doubt this will be as bad for students in the coming years) as a) I'd decided I'd done badly in everything and b) I knew these results would affect my uni applications and like my entire future.. I ended up totally freaked out and a teacher ended up having to open the envelope for me (hilarious in hindsight as this teacher knew I'd got 4As)

This year, I'm honestly pretty chill. I messed up one exam pretty badly but, having done well in coursework, I'd need a U in it to miss my insurance offer (ABB), my other two subjects went okay so I'm a good 99.9% sure that there are only two ways results day can go for me - firm and insurance (although insurance is probably more likely). I'm happy with both unis and confident that I won't be in clearing, which has taken a lot of pressure off me tbh

However looking at some of the replies on this thread, I'm definitely one of the lucky ones and most people are decidedly not "pretty chill" about result day aha
    i see what you mean, thank you for taking the time to reply, good luck 4 days, the real pressure is on.

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck all!

ReputationRep:
    how do we see what courses and universities are in clearing? is it only on results day, or can you find out earlier?*

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondering when universities can tell you if you've been accepted ie can they send welcome letters this week before results day or can they email you before track changes? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaYazooGirl)
    how do we see what courses and universities are in clearing? is it only on results day, or can you find out earlier?*
    On ucas there's a list that you can search
    http://search.ucas.com

ReputationRep:
    I think the remainder of the time before results day is going to go quite quickly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    It's the University of Southampton, isn't it?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    Nope
    (Original post by dodo15)
    Hey just wondering when universities can tell you if you've been accepted ie can they send welcome letters this week before results day or can they email you before track changes? Thanks!!
    Universities are under embargo not to disclose anything resulting from the results until 6am on Thursday (and UCAS recommend they wait until 8am)

ReputationRep:
    Please don't put any weight on the clearing listings over the weekend. Monday evening/Tuesday they'll be close to what will be available on results day

ReputationRep:
    Less than 4 days for results and less than 3 for grade boundaries omg
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 428
Size:  70.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodo15)
    On ucas there's a list that you can search
    http://search.ucas.com
    this is brilliant, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    guys where do u find ur ucas number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Less than 4 days for results and less than 3 for grade boundaries omg
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 428
Size:  70.2 KB
    great fun!!!

(Original post by Algeriandz)
    guys where do u find ur ucas number
    It's the number you use to log into track...

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.