Official GCSE Results Day 2016 Thread (TODAY!)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozza_X)
    These grade boundaries don't look good for me.

Saying that, I am very happy my school chose to do the Maths GCSE a year early, and therefore I sat the exam last year when the grade boundaries were quite low.

I am actually really nervous & upset, I was awake till 4:30am last night worrying and I woke up at 9:30am so I'm currently running on 5 hours sleep which isn't really working when the past three nights I haven't slept well either.
    Everyone in my family keeps saying if the grade boundaries are high, then everyone must have done well but I know I am not in that 'everyone' as I know I didn't do as well as some people in exams.
    Hopefully I'll be surprised with great results tomorrow...
    Good luck! Hopefully I will too, when people say "everyone must have done well" i'm like "I'm not everyone"

ReputationRep:
    As if tomorrow is results day! Really bricking it haha.

I'm quite happy with 65 marks for a C in maths on edexcel though!

ReputationRep:
    how have the french grade boundaries gone UP 3 marks after those horrific papers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabetht96)
    third time i'm retaking maths GCSE (got a C twice) and these grade boundaries have actually ruined me, I think i'll have got 97 marks. lol at my life
    Same I think I will fail this one and resit it again. Do u think college will allow me to resit again?

ReputationRep:
    Trying to get a C in AQA Maths. Last year = 55 Marks this year = 62 marks. What...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMU__)

You need 70 marks to get a C

ReputationRep:
    can someone link the further maths grade boundaries? i've looked on the igcse ones but i can only see english language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavMax15)
    AQA German is killing me! 41/45 for A* in reading and 56/60 for A* in the writing coursework. Seriously?
    I know, it's pretty darn high. Luckily I loved the reading exam, so I'm hoping it'll be OK

ReputationRep:
    According to the grade boundaries, I've got Ds in everything...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone see P3's AQA GBs? Anyone think they're pretty low?

ReputationRep:
    AQA German is killing me! 41/45 for A* in reading and 56/60 for A* in the writing coursework. Seriously?
    At least the listening was relatively low, eh?!

ReputationRep:
    I know right! It's so tough, what did your teacher give in you your writings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economicshelp)
    If anyone wants to look back at the AQA Science papers: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Uw4dFJtelRsb00
    Do u also have the SCA1HP and SCA2HP AQA HIGHER papers and markschemes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    how have the french grade boundaries gone UP 3 marks after those horrific papers
    I agree! I am definitely going to fail...I didn't even understand the first question on the paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Good luck! Hopefully I will too, when people say "everyone must have done well" i'm like "I'm not everyone"
    good luck to you too! Hopefully it will all go okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Anyone see P3's AQA GBs? Anyone think they're pretty low?
    Yeah I thought that was strange, as I found unit 1 and 2 much harder than unit 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    I agree! I am definitely going to fail...I didn't even understand the first question on the paper!
    Me neither I'm so worried ! I always got A*'s in french but that paper was just horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tea2345)
    go onto the aqa Igcse grade boundaries and they're right at the top hope you're pleased xx
    please can you link it to me? i can only find january

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps the grade boundaries are high because of the new GCSE spec being introduced for the year below us. Perhaps the government want this years results looks bad, so next year they can say that this new spec is great because all the results will improve

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.