Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lkll)
    Can anyone help me find a clear summary of the national curriculum 2014 for primary School, I'm weary eyed from research.
    interviews tomorrow !
    Pretty sure I just googled changes in primary national curriculum or something to that effect and found a website aimed at parents with a quick overview of all the core subjects' changes. Can't remember the exact name of it now but it's definitely out there somewhere! Took me forever but if you keep searching you'll find one. Good luck for your interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lkll)
    Can anyone help me find a clear summary of the national curriculum 2014 for primary School, I'm weary eyed from research.
    interviews tomorrow !
    This is the new curriculum I think:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...nt_-_FINAL.pdf

Don't worry too much about it. The interviewers aren't going to expect you to know this in detail. I spent ages reading all the numeracy and literacy sections and didn't get asked a single question about it in my interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pthomas112)
    hi, I've passed both my skills tests, but wanted to know if we could actually find out the final score we had. All i can see is PASS
    No I don't think we ever find out....although someone on here did mention that your trainer might be able to find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    This is the new curriculum I think:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...nt_-_FINAL.pdf

Don't worry too much about it. The interviewers aren't going to expect you to know this in detail. I spent ages reading all the numeracy and literacy sections and didn't get asked a single question about it in my interview.

Did you have to do a maths and English test at your interview? If so what sort of level would you say they are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lkll)
    Did you have to do a maths and English test at your interview? If so what sort of level would you say they are?
    Yes I did. I'd say they were about Year 6 SATs level. If you've revised for your skills tests then you'll be fine. Maybe do a couple of past SATs as revision? For the literacy test is was questions about things like:
    - active/passive verbs
    - Proper/common/abstract/collective nouns
    - subordinate clauses
    - personal/impersonal sentences
    - adverbs, connectives, prepositions etc

Essentially all the stuff you'd expect a Year 6 student to know.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I am more concerned about the discussion within the selection process, I am not the person to speak for the sake of it but it appears I will have to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryE5)
    Has anyone had an interview at Anglia Ruskin yet? Got mine tomorrow morning and i'm really nervous
    I'll be there! Very nervous too!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did. I'd say they were about Year 6 SATs level. If you've revised for your skills tests then you'll be fine. Maybe do a couple of past SATs as revision? For the literacy test is was questions about things like:
    - active/passive verbs
    - subordinate clauses

Good luck!

Oh thank you for replying, maths I have been revising for but I've sidetracked English for a while now.
    do they as you things like what is an abstract noun? Or do you identify where it is used in a text ?
    panicking !

thanks a lot though !

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for Edge Hill interview on Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

does anyone know if the uni's can see your track? Can they see if you have been succesful or unsuccesful or not given an interview in another uni?

I am worried if they can, it might have an affect on my interview tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    - active/passive verbs
    - subordinate clauses

Good luck!
    Hi, this may be a silly question but were the questions multiple choice or do you write out the answers yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyCooke)
    Hi, this may be a silly question but were the questions multiple choice or do you write out the answers yourself?
    Some you had to write yourself, others you had a sentence and had to highlight the proper noun/abstract noun etc. Or they'd give you a sentence written in the active voice and you had to re-write it in the passive. Another example I had was a sentence with a space in the middle in which to write a suitable subordinate clause. We were also given words where we had to add a suffix to make the word into an adjective. It really wasn't difficult at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyCooke)
    Oh wow, thank you for your help! I better start reminding myself of all these terms then eh?
    Yeah I'd just refresh your memory of Key Stage 2 Literacy:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/english/

I think some universities do ask you to write a piece of continuous prose to test your spelling/grammar/punctuation etc but I didn't have that. My numeracy/literacy test was only 20 mins in total so really not difficult at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew240)
    Anyone for Edge Hill interview on Wednesday?
    This Wednesday or next Weds? I have one next Weds (15th). What subject is yours for?

(Original post by irishwitgirl)
    Hi everyone,

does anyone know if the uni's can see your track? Can they see if you have been succesful or unsuccesful or not given an interview in another uni?

I am worried if they can, it might have an affect on my interview tomorrow!
    No they can't, don't worry. They can't even see who else you've applied to.

In my last interview it was annoying because I don't think the uni knew how it worked because it said on the form Sheffield Hallam with a 3 next to it, so she was asking me why I've listed it as my last choice. I was confused, I told her we don't list choices in priority order and the 3 will just be referring to it's number alphabetically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    This Wednesday or next Weds? I have one next Weds (15th). What subject is yours for?
    Ah, mine is this Wednesday (8th), for Secondary History. You?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone sat the maths, I can't believe how hard it is :-(

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd just refresh your memory of Key Stage 2 Literacy:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/english/

I think some universities do ask you to write a piece of continuous prose to test your spelling/grammar/punctuation etc but I didn't have that. My numeracy/literacy test was only 20 mins in total so really not difficult at all.
    Okay brill, thanks. I'm good at English and have passed my skills test I just need to remind myself of the proper terms and key words! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lkll)
    Oh thank you for replying, maths I have been revising for but I've sidetracked English for a while now.
    do they as you things like what is an abstract noun? Or do you identify where it is used in a text ?
    panicking !

thanks a lot though !
    Well I can only tell you what I had in my interview...but yes, we were given sentences and had to identify things like abstract nouns. Honestly it really wasn't difficult. If you read through this (http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/english/) then you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    Anyone sat the maths, I can't believe how hard it is :-(
    I did my first practice for the maths and got 50%. I'm not too bummed about that though because I didn't do any prep and haven't done maths in five years so I know with a bit of reading up and a few more practice tests I'll be fine! The 18 seconds for the mental maths goes awfully fast though... The other bit was fine.

(Original post by Andrew240)
    Ah, mine is this Wednesday (8th), for Secondary History. You?
    Secondary R.E. for me. Best of luck for it anyway!

---------

I wonder how many providers actually wait until the deadline they are given to let you hear about a decision. I thought I'd have heard from Hallam by now, I hope they don't leave it as long as they're allowed...that's early Feb . I washoping to know before my weds interview. I can't wait till this whole process is over -for better or worse. I'd actually love just be able to focus on my degree at the moment. Never thought I'd say that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I've applied for Schools Direct in Hull, and have an interview, but heard nothing from my application to Hull University yet (Primary PGCE). Anyone else heard anything?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.