Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Another draw for Bolton

ReputationRep:
    Entertaining game at Ewood Park. Rhodes was a menace yet again, Zach Clough showing why England's top clubs are looking at him and Heskey's strike cleared superbly off the line. All that was missing was a goal

ReputationRep:
    Utter garbage going forward. Desperately need a forward :/

ReputationRep:
    We've been bloody marvellous in this first half! Lewis Cook a future England international, no doubt about it.

ReputationRep:
    Burton are going so well, a 90th minute goal secures another win. Blackpool battered at home, Rotherham look certain to go down. And obviously Derby still winless.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell we have had a bad week.

ReputationRep:
    It's a miracle. I'm starting to enjoy supporting Sheff Utd again.

In all seriousness, bar the Gillingham disaster, our league campaign so far has been superb. 3 clean sheets and 9 goals in 5 games. 1 point off the top.

The season is young yet, but I have a good feeling about this one.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Back from the MK game - we dominated the first half but didn't take our chances so ended up losing 2-0. Birmingham were quite a dirty team but stuck at it and got the job done on us. :sigh:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clement is really struggling to adjust to life in the hot seat in the dugout, isn't he?

Walsall look such a good side, by the way. Nightmare result for Blackpool fans - and Oyston's regime.

ReputationRep:
    No phone call from Martin Allen today, so I won't be signing for the Bees. I don't think he's signed anyone else.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Michael Smith heads to Barnsley. Great signing at third tier level, it must be said.

ReputationRep:
    A crazy transfer window for us on the whole! Within the last few days we've signed Fernando Forestieri for an undisclosed fee and brought in Daniel Pudil on loan. We've also signed Barry Bannan whilst offloading Stevie May.

I'm happy with all these signings but the squad seems quite large now. That and we still don't really have a proven goalscorer. A shame to see May go but it was clear he wasn't getting the time he needed, he'll score a few for Preston.

A list of signings against last seasons team (list is missing McGugan who is quality and Lachman):
    Kirkland to Price
    Buxton to Hunt
    Mattock to Wiggins
    Zayatte to Turner
    Kelhar to Sasso
    Coke to Forestieri
    Corry to López
    McCabe to Bannan
    Maghoma to Sougou
    Maguire to Wallace
    Isgrove to Pudil
    Keane to João
    May to Matias
    Madine has also left

The only 'bad' piece of business there is swapping Chris Kirkland for Lewis Price - More so since Kirkland only got a 1 year backup contract at Preston.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    A crazy transfer window for us on the whole! Within the last few days we've signed Fernando Forestieri for an undisclosed fee.
    Forestieri snubbed us and was reportedly heading to Reading because he didn't want to relocate up north. So much for that.

We've signed Marco Djuricin on loan from Salzburg, a full Austria international striker. Sergi Canos on loan from Liverpool, a young Spanish striker who seems highly rated by fans of theirs who follow their youth teams. And most importantly, Ryan Woods from Shrewsbury, who has been earning fantastic reviews for the past couple of years. We beat West Ham to his signature. Big things expected from him.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    We've signed Marco Djuricin on loan from Salzburg, a full Austria international striker. Sergi Canos on loan from Liverpool, a young Spanish striker who seems highly rated by fans of theirs who follow their youth teams. And most importantly, Ryan Woods from Shrewsbury, who has been earning fantastic reviews for the past couple of years. We beat West Ham to his signature. Big things expected from him.
    Canos looks like a very capable player when I manage to catch any game he's in, much like a fair few of our Academy youngsters.

To be honest, I hoped he'd be deployed in the Europa League and League Cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Clement is really struggling to adjust to life in the hot seat in the dugout, isn't he?

Walsall look such a good side, by the way. Nightmare result for Blackpool fans - and Oyston's regime.
    wolves should get stuck into the wallet for some walsall players alright.

(Original post by blackened_sky)
    It's a miracle. I'm starting to enjoy supporting Sheff Utd again.

In all seriousness, bar the Gillingham disaster, our league campaign so far has been superb. 3 clean sheets and 9 goals in 5 games. 1 point off the top.

The season is young yet, but I have a good feeling about this one.
    agreed. hope yee go up
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    wolves should get stuck into the wallet for some walsall players alright.
    I'd be amazed if Walsall and Sheffield Untied didn't go up. The third spot is up for grabs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Forestieri snubbed us and was reportedly heading to Reading because he didn't want to relocate up north. So much for that.
    There's so many reasons and rumours I don't know what to believe anymore. Apparently Gary Hooper's loan move to us was cancelled over us refusing to give him an executive box for the season :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    agreed. hope yee go up
    It's a bloody long time coming that's for sure
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    JPT draw this weekend.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 26, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.