Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed for Serena but she pretty much has every other record. Seemed like she lost herself with all the errors rather than her opponent being brilliant (thought she was consistently good).

Djokovic with basically a bye into the final with that. Shame for Cilic being injured but at least he went on court. Djokovic will be fresher than whichever Swiss player he faces in the final.

ReputationRep:
    Wawrinka 1 game away from a straight sets loss.

ReputationRep:
    Pleased for Federer - seems to be playing some good tennis despite his age.

Hope he doesn't let the nerves or Djokovic's reputation get to him. Would be nice to see an even final (with Federer winning obviously).

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe how easily Federer dismantled Wawrinka, the final looks a lot more interesting now, especially after Novak's also effortless victory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Federer hasn't dropped a set since Wimbledon. And Djokovic has upped the ante at just the right time. I predict Federer to lift the crown, at the expense of one set lost.

ReputationRep:
    So happy we get Djokovic and Federer in the final, they've played some classics there and both would be more than deserving.
    Gutted for Serena, would've been great to see a current player complete the slams, funny how the shock of last year's men's semis have switched over to the women's side though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Fed's like a bloody fine wing. Increasing with brilliance every single year. I'm gutted for Stan. I really wanted him to make the final, but I'll take the upset with Vinci's win over Serena.

ReputationRep:
    fed will win, said it from day 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ringspun)
    fed will win, said it from day 1
    I bet you also said that from Wimbledon 2015 day 1. And Wimbledon 2014 day 1.

ReputationRep:
    Federer was simply too good last night, just a perfect match from him. I'm going with him to get number 18 tomorrow - Djokovic was impressive against Cilic but not the same order of opponent as Stan. Federer has been nothing but brilliant the entire tournament.

ReputationRep:
    Well done to Pennetta for winning her 1st Slam Title! Great run through, including wins over Stosur, Kvitova and Halep - she's also the oldest first-time winner

ReputationRep:
    And that's it, she's retired on the spot! Similar to what Bartoli did after winning Wimbledon, except she's announced it during the presentation ceremony.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Goes out on a high.

Congrats, Pennatta.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrno1324)
    I bet you also said that from Wimbledon 2015 day 1. And Wimbledon 2014 day 1.

ReputationRep:
    Any links lads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ringspun)
    Any links lads?
    I was watching some live streams on Youtube last week but they have disappeared. Can't find any now I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Let me know who wants a link, can't post it here for legal reasons according the mods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Let me know who wants a link, can't post it here for legal reasons according the mods.
    Could you pm me if you got some with decent quality? the ones I've been using I can barely see the ball.

ReputationRep:
    Same here in terms of links!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    cheers

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.