Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    I thought you were at uni?
    Nope, I might go next year but I'm not certain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    Same situation over here

Alhamdulilah though you sound like you've got things planned out (a lot more than me anyway!) Alimah course sounds really good, may Allah put barakah in your studies - ameen
    Ameen
    I don't know what I'm actually going to do either aha...I'm just trying to go with the flow

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I might go next year but I'm not certain.
    interest problem aswell? ouch.. living life in conteporary society is going to be hard for you guys for real.

Do you have a bank account? it accumulates interest, banks don't hold money, they invest in securities which offer a yield, even if you choose not to accept this payment your money went to fund these investment projects which yielded nominal interest returns
    Do you shop at supermarkets? part of their short term cash influx goes to finance short term liabilities which pay interest
    do you use public transport? the government use capital markets to issue debt and pay ineterest on the bonds which are financed by your spending on transport costs

you can go on for nearly everything. the way the capitalist system is financed is through the transfer of money. lending money with a premium, to compensate for the risk of default.

Not encouraging you to go take out a loan but it's the reality. Given, the vast majority never pay back even the face value of the loan, as it gets written off after 30 years, there's little credibility in giving up your future 'suposedly' because you're afraid of the interest charged on repayments. Given it's going to average 4-5% (consisting of CPI+3%), we're screwed regardless :lol:

ReputationRep:
    interest problem aswell? ouch.. living life in conteporary society is going to be hard for you guys for real.

Do you have a bank account? it accumulates interest, banks don't hold money, they invest in securities which offer a yield, even if you choose not to accept this payment your money went to fund these investment projects which yielded nominal interest returns
    Do you shop at supermarkets? part of their short term cash influx goes to finance short term liabilities which pay interest
    do you use public transport? the government use capital markets to issue debt and pay ineterest on the bonds which are financed by your spending on transport costs

you can go on for nearly everything. the way the capitalist system is financed is through the transfer of money. lending money with a premium, to compensate for the risk of default.

Not encouraging you to go take out a loan but it's the reality. Given, the vast majority never pay back even the face value of the loan, as it gets written off after 30 years, there's little credibility in giving up your future 'suposedly' because you're afraid of the interest charged on repayments. Given it's going to average 4-5% (consisting of CPI+3%), we're screwed regardless :lol:
    Thanks for your input but I'll stick to my decision thanks

ReputationRep:
    3 emirati women attacked with a hammer in a hotel in central london by a a drug addict who robbed them too after leaving them for dead. One of the women got hit so badly that her skull split in half and she lost one eye and can never speak or move again. I actually held back tears when I read it on the train this morning pray for them peeps

The idiot is still roaming the streets until his trial next month. Ya rabb THIS IS WHY THE DEATH PENALTY SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your input but I'll stick to my decision thanks
    The fact that abdulla pointed out your indirect hypocrisy deserves a good reply not a simple 'I'll stick to my decision"...

If you aren't going to bother carrying your education, you essentially wasted 2 years in college... unless you are going to apprenticeship style courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

the ignorant will always be ignorant.

your post was 10/10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    The fact that abdulla pointed out your indirect hypocrisy deserves a good reply not a simple 'I'll stick to my decision"...

If you aren't going to bother carrying your education, you essentially wasted 2 years in college... unless you are going to apprenticeship style courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perhaps you should study some fiqh (jurisprudence) before accusing anyone of anything.

ReputationRep:

Lold at trying to get around the fact that usury is haram.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somalilander)
    Lold at trying to get around the fact that usury is haram.
    it is, correct. where did I deny that?

ReputationRep:
    inb4 a couple members on this thread go and join ISIS

ReputationRep:
    Everyone here is a moderate Muslim akh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Everyone here is a moderate Muslim akh.
    Depends on how you define moderate

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how you define moderate
    Well, how would you personally define a moderate?

ReputationRep:
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    Because we said we wanted to avoid loans based on interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brixtons.Baddest)
    No way you lot are extremist to the bone sending me PM's about I shouldn't be making threads on Muslim girls and how would you know I only utter the truth.
    It was for your benefit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Well, how would you personally define a moderate?
    I wouldn't, I don't really care much about classifications.

(Original post by Biryani007)
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    Because we said we wanted to avoid loans based on interest?
    Lol, yes, it was a joke but that's what it derived from.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, yes, it was a joke but that's what it derived from.
    I don't know how you got from loans to that :facepalm2:

TBH with you akhi I don't like Muslim girls in Islam they are too stuck up and think they are paramount over everyone just because they are pious which I find conceited and hypocritical.
    If we give you attention we are thirsty and if we don't we're arrogant :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    TBH with you akhi I don't like Muslim girls in Islam they are too stuck up and think they are paramount over everyone just because they are pious which I find conceited and hypocritical.
    :-|

ReputationRep:
    Islam just depresses and I so badly want to become theist but for the Love of my mother I will stay in Islam:sigh:.
    this is very counter-intuitive. If you don't believe in the values set down by Islam does that not nullify you as being a muslim anyway?

You were talking about hypocrisy, is this not hyrocitical?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.