Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    Hi everyone, just wanted to ask what predicted grades would you need for a London college (Kings, Barts) to do medicine?
    Grades that are equal to or above that which they require, which will typically be found on their websites.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 18.1.22.9)
    Just did my ukcat and this site helped so much with advice and knowing it's not just me that found it hard 😂
    Score was 820 average
    oh wow!!! congrats

ReputationRep:
    Hey - signed up to post on here and ask for some advice.

I sat my UKCAT today and got the following scores:
    VR: 640
    QR: 640
    AR: 650
    SJT: Band 2

The plan is to apply to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen - I'm struggling to find good information to work out my chances of getting in. I'm currently studying a life science and predicted to get either a high 2:1 or a 1st (hoping for a 1st). What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 18.1.22.9)
    Just did my ukcat and this site helped so much with advice and knowing it's not just me that found it hard 😂
    Score was 820 average
    Well done! Do you have any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all those who did well in the test but jut wondering was the QR section anythign like the first official mock cause it wasnt that easy and also the questions had soo many details regarding the tax and changes in price which take a while to even read through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guptkhalsa84)
    Best of luck!
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Hey what did you get at GCSE and AS?
    I'm applying to unis who don't look at my GCSEs or a levels because mine were no where near for medicine. I'm applying as a graduate so have my degree in adult nursing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarabegum12)
    For VR, it wont. The passages are a lot longer in the real exam. For VR, i think the Mock tests would be ideal
    For QR, definaty UKCAT ninja!
    AR, use the mocks
    SJ, based on the test i had, i think the kaplan score higher on the ukcat book was a better representation.
    I didnt use medify so im not sure how it is.

Hope it helps
    Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarabegum12)
    For VR, it wont. The passages are a lot longer in the real exam. For VR, i think the Mock tests would be ideal
    For QR, definaty UKCAT ninja!
    AR, use the mocks
    SJ, based on the test i had, i think the kaplan score higher on the ukcat book was a better representation.
    I didnt use medify so im not sure how it is.

Hope it helps
    jut wondering was the QR section anythign like the first official mock cause it wasnt that easy and also the questions had soo many details regarding the tax and changes in price which take a while to even read through

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me how to work out an average for the UKCAT score? Just did medify mock 1 annd I've already totalled it up, but I just want to know my average

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I have recently done my UKCAT and did not achieve as high as I wanted to, I got 617(Vr-500, Qr-650, Ar-700)

For GCSE's I received 6A*8A2B. I will also convince teachers for predicted grades. I wasn't planning on applying to BMAT universities as you need a high UMS which I don't really have but will consider applying to imperial.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Before I really wanted to apply to Kings is that option gone for me? (realistically)
    2)People keep saying apply to Unis which aren't UKCAT heavy, but how can I view their cut off score?
    3) Which other BMAT unis would you say are easier to get to compared to the rest?
    4)Any international unis you could recommend?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, even if you could answer one I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Can someone tell me how to work out an average for the UKCAT score? Just did medify mock 1 annd I've already totalled it up, but I just want to know my average
    add up your scores for the three sections (VR, QR, AR) and divide by 3 to get the averagee

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone

so throughout the past few months i have watched and commented on this feed and eventually done my UKCAT today, i am a graduate and will hold 1st/2:1 in adult nursing by january 2017, i got the following
    VR: 610
    QR: 710
    AR: 610
    SJT: Band 2
    total: 1930
    Average: 643

quite dissapointed tbf when my first choice is newcastle which is ukcat heavy, its where i live and as i live with my boyfriend and we own a house etc (i'm 21) but im applying for newcastle warwick and barts, due to my a levels and gcse's these are pretty much the only uni's who would accept me but dont think my ukcat is high enough just have to wait and see

VR: a lot of people say it was a lot harder than medify etc and the passages were really long. i didnt find them longer than medify they were mostly the same if not shorter, i got a fair few T/F/CT questions, more than i was expecting but the other types were more difficult than medify i would say

QR: fairly easy questions apart from pie charts and working out the number of student (e.g) account for that degree on a pie chart, which didnt know so had to guess. few questions with a few stages but it was ok as a whole

AR: ended up having to guess a fair few patterns and i was also running out of time. found it similar to medify and some patterns were straight forward but unfortunately if i didnt get the pattern in the first 10-20 seconds or so just had to guess

SJT: similar to medify i always got Band 2 so kind of expected it in the exam

ReputationRep:
    been watching this thread for a few days, very helpful tips!
    Did my ukcat this morning at 8 am and got average- 730
    VR- 610
    QR- 770
    AR- 820
    Band- 1

Last year I had an avergae of 570 & Band 3 and ended up with 4 pre interview rejections

I found UKCAT mock C the best representation.

VR was just a bit harder than official UKCAT mock C
    QR was a bit easier than official UKCAT mock C
    AR Was really similar to mock C, infact one of the questions was the same!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    SJ was really annoying you need to keep a fast pace, its not like in the mocks dont plan on finishing with 15 minutes spare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gap yaaah)
    been watching this thread for a few days, very helpful tips!
    Did my ukcat this morning at 8 am and got average- 730
    VR- 610
    QR- 770
    AR- 820
    Band- 1

Last year I had an avergae of 570 & Band 3 and ended up with 4 pre interview rejections

I found UKCAT mock C the best representation.

VR was just a bit harder than official UKCAT mock C
    QR was a bit easier than official UKCAT mock C
    AR Was really similar to mock C, infact one of the questions was the same!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    SJ was really annoying you need to keep a fast pace, its not like in the mocks dont plan on finishing with 15 minutes spare.
    Damnnn congrats dude. Im taking mine in about a week and had a few questions. For VR do you prefer reading through the whole test first then lookign at the questions orcompletely avoiding the text at first and lookign for keywords from the questions. And i just went through the official mock 1.I felt like the QR section seemed a bit hard due to the lengthy questions themselves which took a while to read so how would you compare the actual test to mock A.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, well done to everyone on their results!

I just sat my UKCAT today and got 770 average.
    QR: 800
    AR: 900
    Band 2

I used UKCAT Ninja, Medify and the Offical UKCAT practice questions and tests.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niraxas)
    Damnnn congrats dude. Im taking mine in about a week and had a few questions. For VR do you prefer reading through the whole test first then lookign at the questions orcompletely avoiding the text at first and lookign for keywords from the questions. And i just went through the official mock 1.I felt like the QR section seemed a bit hard due to the lengthy questions themselves which took a while to read so how would you compare the actual test to mock A.
    Good luck man!

For VR DONT read the text first, seriously dont, whats the point of reading or scanning it before you know what your scanning for?
    What I did was, for comprehension Qs is I read the question first then read the first answer then scanned the passage for relevant info, if it matched the passage then great but if it opposed something in the passage or was a bit vague I would cross it out as an option and go to the second answer choice and so on.

For T/F/CT Qs I read the question and scanned for key words, there was only 3 of this type of question for me.

and remember to skip the really time consuming Qs, just choose an option like A and choose all answers as A for that particular hard stem. I personally didnt have time in mocks or real thing to flag things and come back in VR. Its OK to guess dont let it bother you!

In the real test there was no really lengthy passages in QR, mostly simple Qs. Seriously in mock A OFFICIAL UKCAT which I did 2 days ago I had only about 10 Qs right for QR!!! Just make sure you guess and skip all the hard QS and flag it for later. Dont be afriad of using the calculator, I used it for nearly all Qs because Im really bad at mental maths, seriously I dont even know my times tables fully lmao :bl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammie123)

Band 2

Good luck to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

HOW DID YOU GET THAT 900 IN AR LOL do you like take down all the patterns you see as well? I did that for a few but in some tests i jsut cant figure it out.

Whats your opinion on the official mock A o.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marsbar3007)
    add up your scores for the three sections (VR, QR, AR) and divide by 3 to get the averagee
    Well that seems a bit of a strange way to do it.
    Personally what I recommend is printing out your score on a sheet of A4 paper, placing it in a glass bottle and sending it out to sea, then wait a couple of weeks for a reply from Dory and Nemo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammie123)

Band 2

Good luck to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn awesome score on QR and AR you smashed it

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.