The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Don't talk about things you don't know about.
Thats a rek right there
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
SAF would already have Bamford as the top league goalscorer ffs.

Ake doing big things for Watford no? Could he really have been much worse than Mikel who still gets minutes.
Ake plays at LB for Watford and physically Mikel's a beast, very good safe player. I'd play Ake though. He's been very good.

Bamford ain't gonna play when Costa's on the pitch though. Guys full on world class as a player so him going on loan makes sense.

Realistically he could have integrated Kalas. Christensen is 19 years of age so I would understand why he's reluctant, he wouldn't have played him anyway though(see De Bruyne).
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Manchester United)
But the chances of growing into the 10 is small, why take the risk? Why not just start off at 10? If they decline, dump and jump.
"Risk"
Because your life is worthless if you aren't constantly banging 10s.

Let's be honest, you're on a student forum discussing Manchester United. I doubt you've ever seen anything of a 10 that isn't saved in a special folder on your laptop.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
fots
Manchester United
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
"Risk"

Let's be honest, you're on a student forum discussing Manchester United. I doubt you've ever seen anything of a 10 that isn't saved in a special folder on your laptop.
To be fair, I settle for 9's.
KeyToSuccess
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Bayern's success was based on their youth coming through ffs. Toni Kroos, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Muller, Badstuber all in the first team and came through being integral parts of the 12/13 treble season.

RLC lol Mourinho just put him on the bench because Ramires is the only other option for that role, that's not bringing a player through.

Zouma was bought...

Christensen not top 4 quality, that's just retarded, he's starting for Gladbach who are challenging for top 4 and has continuously got player of the month at his time there.

Don't talk about things you don't know about.
Alaba and Kroos were bought at 16, they're not Bayern youth players. Also comparing Basti, Lahm and Muller to Chelsea's youth is quite frankly asinine.

What do you think the alternative was? Either send him on loan or he's a bench option, he's not exactly getting in ahead of Matic or Fabregas. Christensen fair enough is doing well, still not better than Zouma though.

You're salty about Mourinho, and comparing some decent youth prospects to some of the best players in World Football. Chelsea don't have a class of 92, or La Masia golden era, and quite frankly neither José or Roman give a **** about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This club has not brought through a top tier academy player for years. We have a lot of ex academy players around the Premiership and Championship, but the majority were not good enough to start for us. I don't understand this worry about the academy when all of our good players have been bought for years.

The first team also needs to be sorted out before thinking about the academy.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KeyToSuccess)
Alaba and Kroos were bought at 16, they're not Bayern youth players. Also comparing Basti, Lahm and Muller to Chelsea's youth is quite frankly asinine.

What do you think the alternative was? Either send him on loan or he's a bench option, he's not exactly getting in ahead of Matic or Fabregas. Christensen fair enough is doing well, still not better than Zouma though.

You're salty about Mourinho, and comparing some decent youth prospects to some of the best players in World Football. Chelsea don't have a class of 92, or La Masia golden era, and quite frankly neither José or Roman give a **** about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Messi was bought at 14, Raul joined Real at 16. Eitherway they are young players that Bayern had a lot to do with their development.

Considering Chelsea won the U19 Champions league recently, clearly there are high levels of talent in that squad, it's not asinine to suggest these players can play for the first team. None of the players were given a chance, and as seen by the likes of Kane, Pedro etc. consistent playing time can turn a player(who wasn't really seen as a top prospect) into top class players.

Loftus Cheek would be a backup CM. Instead of you know playing Ramires who in large was useless for his final 2 seasons, Loftus Cheek could have played and not be subbed after 45mins when the team aren't winning.

How did the likes of Muller and co turn into the best players in world football anyway? Consistent gametime. José said he was planning on bringing those players in and that he should be judged on his ability to bring through young players, that his tenure would be a failure if he didn't bring through anybody as a consistent first teamer. Therefore his tenure is a failure according to himself.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can genuinely imagine Manchester United being the type of guy who wears brown brogues with khaki shorts and knee long socks; has a box of white lubricated tissues next to his laptop for vigirous-friction burning online "sessions" followed by thorough hardcore TSR adventures.

swirly difeo thoughts?
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tk now my favourite poster.
Major Zero
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That escalated very quickly. TK got it spot on though; MU talking about 10/10 girls when we all know he'd spunk his load if anything with a vagina even touched him.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Lol at this tradition ******** you lot are banging on about. Mourinho will not be any worse than LVG at bringing talent through. LVG gave minutes to average youth like Blackett and McNair who will never make it at United. The guy has our most talented youth Pereira and Januzaj on the bench every game, they haven't progressed at all under him. He was reluctant to even play Varela all season until he really had to. CBJ also only got his chance because there were no other options.

If the kids in the academy are good enough then they will get their chance under any manager.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Lol at this tradition ******** you lot are banging on about. Mourinho will not be any worse than LVG at bringing talent through. LVG gave minutes to average youth like Blackett and McNair who will never make it at United. The guy has our most talented youth Pereira and Januzaj on the bench every game, they haven't progressed at all under him. He was reluctant to even play Varela all season until he really had to. CBJ also only got his chance because there were no other options.

If the kids in the academy are good enough then they will get their chance under any manager.
Please tell me more about Mourinho's track record with youth compared to LVG?
KeyToSuccess
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Youth is extremely low on our current priority list anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
AR_95
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
"Risk"

went hard in the paint
ClockEnderAFC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Looool ffs TrapKing elite poster confirmed. Some quality beef in the last few pages of this thread.

#AccidentalWrighty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)

Smh, smdh
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I doubt LVG would "bring through" the youngsters if Shaw, Rojo, Jones and even Valencia etc were fit. CBJ, Varela would never have got a chance. If you want evidence just look at the treatment of Perriera (maybe even Januzaj) who can't get a game when we have a fit first team players.

A lot of articles come across to me as backtracking slightly and they've stopped talking like it was a virtual certainty that Jose is coming. For me, I feel for LVG whose trapped in this situation but I don't think I can endure another season with LVG at the helm...
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Januzaj got a chance but he wasn't doing well enough, he got loaned off to dortmund because Van Gaal has shedloads of players. Pereira, yeah good luck displacing Mata, Rooney and Herrera. It's like saying Shaqiri never got a chance at Bayern so Heynckes and Guardiola don't like playing youngsters.

Lingard got given a chance and he's doing decent enough even though there are other alternatives like Depay/Young to use.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (208)
19.15%
Labour (461)
42.45%
Liberal Democrats (210)
19.34%
Green Party (57)
5.25%
Brexit Party (29)
2.67%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (16)
1.47%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.92%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.18%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)
0.28%
UKIP (12)
1.1%
Other (10)
0.92%
None (62)
5.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise