Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    This is what's on my countdown

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not using a widget? Android's widgets are so much better than IOS ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGFakiie)
    If I get AAA at AS what do you think my teachers will most likely predict me for A2?
    Depends on how high the As

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would you recommend looking on UCAS track first or looking at my results first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    You're not using a widget? Android's widgets are so much better than IOS ones.
    I prefer to use a countdown app

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anniewoo)
    In November I applied for law after a lot of persuasion and pressure from my college, I was given a conditional offer from uni of Liverpool but I dread the thought of having to do the course and I have since around February. I've talked the whole situation through with my parents and they're really supportive of the fact I'd much rather do nursing which is what I wanted to apply for in the first place.
    My problem is, what do I do if I get accepted into the law course? I didn't feel like my exams went well enough for me to reach the required ABB but what if the let me in on lower grades??
    Ring admissions for Liverpool first thing Monday and explain the situation to them and ask them to let you go if you do make it onto their course on results day. It's a little late now so they may not be able to do anything about it as track is down until results day, so if not then ring back on results day if you get in and again ask to be let go. They won't be happy about it probably but just be insistent. Get confirmation in writing and ask for the persons name who you're speaking to so you have reference and proof. I think it can take up to 10 days for them to let you go so in the meantime you can look at courses on clearing that you're interested in or if you're taking a gap year and reapplying then just chill out until then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliottls97)
    Track so that you can react accordingly in the comfort of your own home and getting your grades first won't mean you know your fate whereas UCAS tells you the outcome regardless of grades

ReputationRep:
    My college let me choose my own predicted grades. I don't know why lol
    Lucky

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliottls97)
    Track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    I prefer to use a countdown app

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Lucky

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was quite shocked to see what my teachers predicted me originally. Really shocked. It was ridiculous. It was like GCSE predictions all over again.

ReputationRep:
    I was quite shocked to see what my teachers predicted me originally. Really shocked. It was ridiculous. It was like GCSE predictions all over again.
    Does that mean high predictions or lower predictions

And if only my teachers allow me to predict myself I'd b like so overjoyed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One of my predictions was an A* and I didn't even have to beg for it yet another subject I begged for an A prediction and they wouldn't give it ; it really seems to depend on the teachers. Some will predict whatever you want but others get scared and won't budge on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMACM98)
    Ring admissions for Liverpool first thing Monday and explain the situation to them and ask them to let you go if you do make it onto their course on results day. It's a little late now so they may not be able to do anything about it as track is down until results day, so if not then ring back on results day if you get in and again ask to be let go. They won't be happy about it probably but just be insistent. Get confirmation in writing and ask for the persons name who you're speaking to so you have reference and proof. I think it can take up to 10 days for them to let you go so in the meantime you can look at courses on clearing that you're interested in or if you're taking a gap year and reapplying then just chill out until then
    If I get released by them on Monday am I likely to be able to go through clearing on Thursday do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I don't wanna go to my insurance. If I ring up on Monday and say I wanna be released will it be too late !!?

ReputationRep:
    If you drop a grade in the subject you want to study at university, how negatively will that reflect on your application? I want to study English (need three As including English) and I got an A last year, A* in my coursework and have done a few essay competitions/EPQ in which I've been rewarded highly. However, during my exam, I was sat directly in front of two invigilators who would not stop chatting and I'm not trying to blame them but it was massively distracting and I barely finished my exam in time. It was a pretty bad one and I think I'm going to have done badly to be honest. Do you think universities will understand that it was just a bad day or will it be the end of my chances? I'm so scared to get the results

(Original post by PQ)
    Nope
    Dang. I was so sure due to the number of posts you'd made in that forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    One of my predictions was an A* and I didn't even have to beg for it yet another subject I begged for an A prediction and they wouldn't give it ; it really seems to depend on the teachers. Some will predict whatever you want but others get scared and won't budge on them.
    I have a feeling it will be the same for me
    Some teachers will predict me up if I need to but some seem like they wouldn't budge well see how it goes though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Does that mean high predictions or lower predictions

And if only my teachers allow me to predict myself I'd b like so overjoyed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lower predictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fldem)
    If you drop a grade in the subject you want to study at university, how negatively will that reflect on your application? I want to study English (need three As including English) and I got an A last year, A* in my coursework and have done a few essay competitions/EPQ in which I've been rewarded highly. However, during my exam, I was sat directly in front of two invigilators who would not stop chatting and I'm not trying to blame them but it was massively distracting and I barely finished my exam in time. It was a pretty bad one and I think I'm going to have done badly to be honest. Do you think universities will understand that it was just a bad day or will it be the end of my chances? I'm so scared to get the results
    Unfortunately you're gonna look bad if they wanted say AAA and you get a B in the subject you've applied for as most people will drop a grade in another subject but who knows they might still let you in but if they're going through the ' near ' misses and you're the only one who dropped a grade in the actual degree subject then you could end up at the bottom of the pile but you have no idea how many other people have dropped a grade and whether it was in the degree subject or something else ? You'll still look better than those who drop more than a grade so it could be worse. Just wait and see what happens. Really hope you get into somewhere you'll enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Well my French teacher said I was easily capable of an A* and given that I got 196/200 at AS I was very surprised to be predicted an A but I changed it myself with my tutor. Same for further maths. Physics I was predicted a B which is fair enough because I got a B at AS so that was fine. I did bump it up to an A though lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.