Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stargatecrazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Yes it will. I'll be reading my grandkids it (whether they like it or not!)
haha, same for my future kids (I shall also force them to watch Doctor Who whether they want to or not )
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We shall see. The problem with evaluating something's longevity is that we'll be too dead to evaluate.
username91207
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
And in every episode since the beginning of series 5 Matt Smith has been wearing the same outfit, it is possible it's entirely a coincidence.
For the doctor that's normal though, he's always had signature outfits. The companions always changed their clothes though.

(Original post by Aula)
Timey wimey. Presumably the baby is taken back to around 1963.
Doctor Who first started back in 1963 :holmes:

(Original post by Katie_louise)
Found this

:rofl: I honestly can't say who I find funnier :rofl:
Is it bad that when I first saw this picture I couldn't quite work out what was wrong with it? :rofl:
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha - I love that in the description for the Cybermen on the BBC site, it says :
Home Planet:
Earth/Mondas
Appearance:
Impassive faced. Steel giants. Awesome.
Weaknesses:
Susceptible to electromagnetic bombs and Dalek fire power.

also, for The Entity they've written:
Start to worry when:
You knock over what looks like a glass bottle and gaseous contents escape. You may just have destroyed the universe. Oops.

Gotta love Dr Who
Phobia27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
Is this a joke? Minor Spoilers
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...itle-21253.htm

Not particularly feeling that title
Spoiler:
Show
Very unusual title, it would be a pretty lame episode if that's literally what the episode is about.

I hope it's some kind of metaphor, like a common question raised when in discussions about time travel is whether you can have the ability to kill Hitler, i.e. change the past, or in DW terms, 'rewrite time'. I hope the episode is more about the morality of a dilemma such as this and not simply the TARDIS crew going off to kill Hitler.
sheep_go_baa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by snowyowl)

Is it bad that when I first saw this picture I couldn't quite work out what was wrong with it? :rofl:
Lol yeah same! For a second I thought that they did another shoot with everyone dressing as everyone else =/

I think the Doctor looks funniest - Doctor face and Amy body, that is
Miracle Day
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Oncoming Storm)
But during Tennant's era, how many times did we have to see him snog someone? (Still love you, Tennant, but the 10th Doctor is a slut). And as for Matt Smith being childish, yes he is, and it's fantastic. Besides, the tenth Doctor was hardly mature either. *puts on gas mask* "Are you my mummy?" :lol: Don't say that's mature. Also, he was constantly licking things. Bit odd really. I half expected him to do it to the Master...:rolleyes: I love Tennant and Smith, but you can't really compare them, yes they're the same character but parts of the Doctor change when he regenerates, that's why the series has lasted so long!
That's not childish, it's called humour. It's funnier than anything Matt Smith's character's done.
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Another head switch :lol:

Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
SFX teasers for a Good Man Goes to War

Spoiler:
Show
  1. It is amazing – a true five-star episode
  2. There are lots of spaceships – and that’s just in the teaser
  3. There is a very Star Wars feel (The Empire Strikes Back especially) even down to the shape of the windows and the music
  4. It’s action-packed and feels so much more epic than a usual single parter
  5. There are lots of suprise guests stars (and some will be a surprise) but unlike in “The Pandorica Opens” none of them feels wasted – they all have a chance to shine…
  6. ...Apart from one maybe
  7. It cracks along at a hell of a pace
  8. There are some revelations that really will make your jaw drop
  9. There is a terrific battle scene at the end (which more than makes up for a slightly underwhelming and confusingly directed one in the first half)
  10. Although there’s lots of time travelling, it’s not a timey-whimey-reliant plot.
  11. The Doctor produces something very revealing from the TARDIS
  12. Rory says something very funny to an old enemy that you can’t believe has never been said before
  13. It’s a great episode for both Rory and Amy (and Matt Smith is as brilliant as ever, especially in a sudden, unexpected emotional moment)
  14. A throwaway line from last season becomes a major plot device
  15. Somebody is asked to make a donation
  16. Somebody very unexpected is playing doctors and nurses
  17. We get to see somebody’s muff
  18. Rory is definitely cool
  19. Look carefully at the monitor screens…
  20. …And the corridors

:teeth:
Spoiler:
Show
(and Matt Smith is as brilliant as ever, especially in a sudden, unexpected emotional moment)

YEY!
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago

Spoiler:
Show
  3. There is a very Star Wars feel (The Empire Strikes Back especially) even down to the shape of the windows and the music
  5. There are lots of suprise guests stars (and some will be a surprise) but unlike in “The Pandorica Opens” none of them feels wasted – they all have a chance to shine…
  9. There is a terrific battle scene at the end (which more than makes up for a slightly underwhelming and confusingly directed one in the first half)
  10. Although there’s lots of time travelling, it’s not a timey-whimey-reliant plot.
  12. Rory says something very funny to an old enemy that you can’t believe has never been said before
  13. It’s a great episode for both Rory and Amy (and Matt Smith is as brilliant as ever, especially in a sudden, unexpected emotional moment)
  20. …And the corridors

The most curious one, which isn't really a spoiler is A throwaway line from last season becomes a major plot device
Can't wait. :excited:
username91207
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

:sexface:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I bet it's crap :awesome:
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

And as a note to those who don't really click spoiler tags, none of these are spoilers tbh. They are spoiler-free teasers.
Spoiler:
Show
  20. …And the corridors

The most curious one is A throwaway line from last season becomes a major plot device
Oh gee, I wonder what that one is.

*cough*

no seriously, whats the throwaway line. urrrrgh someone buy me series 5, I need to rewatch EVERYTHING.
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not sure if it's already been posted or not... but..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne..._is_River_Song

Eekk! I'm so damn excited for this episode!
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wish I could afford to buy the DVDs and watch them before Saturday!

On the subject of the actors - I think it's good that they are different, as it gives the new series a new feel, especially when new companions are introduced too. Eccelstone was always the darker one (understandable, given that the Time War happened before the new series) and I never quite warmed to him. To me, David Tennant was the right balance between dark and eccentric/hyperactive, and Smith is moving away from the darker aspects. In their own ways, I think they've done well It did take me a few eps to warm to Smith after loving the Tennant doctor so much

As for the feel of the series, I agree that this series would be more confusing for younger viewers than previous series, but I feel that even if you don't understand what's going on with some bits, the main stories in each ep have still been enjoyable from a standalone point of view (away from the speculation that, for example, Amy is a clone, before it was revealed). Some bits may just go over their heads for the moment (but hell, some of it has really confused the more grown up of us too!)
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yoghurt)

Ahhhhhhhhh OMG I'm so excited!!!!!!

Edit: And slightly scared
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I bet Geronimo is the throwaway phrase. Isn't Geronimo like a real person:?
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
I bet Geronimo is the throwaway phrase. Isn't Geronimo like a real person:?
He's an indian chief from the Wild West.

I know this because I did a book 'I ble aeth Haul y Bore' in Welsh Litt -.- :L
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Come along Pond? Spoilers?
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yoghurt)

Spoiler:
Show
So does this mean the River in this preview has already done the battle as she knows for a fact that Doctor finds out who she is? :confused: Stupid timey wimey
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.28%
No - but I will (74)
7.5%
No - I don't want to (69)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (476)
48.23%

Watched Threads